Pinnacle

TVLurker

I've recently discovered this theme and it is awesome; it could be said it was one of KTSP/KSAZ's distinctive themes, the opening invokes a wild west feeling while the end invokes a feeling of news, all in all a perfect fit for Arizona and the best part; it's completely orchestral. I don't know why this theme wasn't used much, it should of been considering it's epic feel.

Discuss this wonderful theme here.

KTSP commissioned this unfortunately underappreciated package (it is known they were the first to use it).

There is significant evidence from ASCAP to suggest the original name of the package was Round the Clock News. One of the alternate titles in ASCAP is "ROUND THE CLOCK NEWS MUSIC PACKAGE (KTSP)", and there's another that's similar. By the time WSPA picked it up it was known as Pinnacle.

If you like this package, I highly highly suggest listening to NMSA sample 4 for KTSP. It's a political cut that's one of my personal favorites.

Guest NewsHound

This has long been one of my favorite packages. There is a lot of old 615 material that is highly underrated. If you like this, check out things like Together, Heart of..., and On Your Side.

Heart of... scares the shit out of me. It like tries to be purposely suspenseful at one point, and then the abrupt ending...

This has long been one of my favorite packages. There is a lot of old 615 material that is highly underrated. If you like this, check out things like Together, Heart of..., and On Your Side.

The KARE sample for Newsmark is great.

Though on further listening, there's a clearer and longer version of that cut as the first WBIR sample.

I've been trying to find out more about WBNS and their theme in the mid '90s before "News Source" debuted in 1996.

I remember hearing some cuts that I think are from the "Pinnacle" package by 615 but I honestly don't remember the opens resembling anything from that package. It's kind of a mystery.

I've recently discovered this theme and it is awesome; it could be said it was one of KTSP/KSAZ's distinctive themes, the opening invokes a wild west feeling while the end invokes a feeling of news, all in all a perfect fit for Arizona and the best part; it's completely orchestral. I don't know why this theme wasn't used much, it should of been considering it's epic feel.

Pinnacle is one of my top favorite 615 themes, if not the top. It's orchestral, with a very distinctive and powerful logo and nothing less. I had a feeling by the 2000s, they toned done just a tad bit on the heavy, brassy orchestral cues and brought in more contemporary sounding themes to the fray, but Pinnacle has to be one of the packages that should've had way more fanfare than the handful of stations that used it in the 90s.

Out of all the old line of 615 themes that are still marketed today, this one should've NEVER been retired. If they'd keep Fahren-Hite, Power News, Total Coverage, Newswatch 24 & Aurora into the current line of themes, powerful themes like Pinnacle & Decade 90 should've stayed with them or should be resurrected, I don't care how old and (some of y'all would say) dated it is.

Archived