Discovered composers & publishers of music themes

promoguy98

Yeah, I think that makes sense. As you implied, WSOC seems to have been the client for the whole thing. I've already basically confirmed from Hal Brown that the WNDU 1991 package was done by VTS (having licensed the rights to the music), and he seemed to confirm to me that it was done for WSOC?

• 3 months later...

Viper V.1 was commed by WWOR for their 05 GFX revamp (and shortly before their My9 days kicked in) after several years of stock music dating to 1998; it was used until 2009, and in that time frame, sisters WFLD and WGHP used it. WFLD replaced Streaming News with it; this didn't last long before the OSI music came in; WGHP replaced Monster News (which is a misleading name, the package doesn't sound aggressive at all), but the same situation happened there.

• 2 months later...

WBNS 1977 is "Take a Good Look at 10" by Gavin/Conner Productions (Kevin Gavin, Otis Conner, short-lived partnership from 1977 to 1979):

yNA0LS0.png

Broadcasting September 12, 1977

Otis Conner was also instrumental (sic!) in writing/producing the TV station package "The Best Things In Life" for TM Productions in January 1979, sometime before he parted ways with TM to form his own company.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out WVTX-CD's bump music, which is production music, could be date back to late 1980s, as Channel Report, a main newscast on ITV Channel Television in Jersey, UK used them. Now I wonder what the music is.

WVTX:

CTV:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This was my discovery - I found it on a Tuesday demo reel that I obtained from a jingle collector (in digital form).

I was absolutely blown away; I had never thought about it before, I had just always assumed it was Michael Randall because it had the NewsCenter musical signature.

• Like 2

I was blown away when I was listening to WCBS AM on the CBS Local app and I discovered that the station has First News by Non-Stop Music. I didn't know that it was commissioned for radio, I thought it was just for TV based on the SouthernMedia News Music Archive's lack of info on radio stations.

I was blown away when I was listening to WCBS AM on the CBS Local app and I discovered that the station has First News by Non-Stop Music. I didn't know that it was commissioned for radio, I thought it was just for TV based on the SouthernMedia News Music Archive's lack of info on radio stations.

I've been saying that for a couple years now- I noticed it one day, and I've been listening to News 88 since I was little. I thought it was weird too- but, when you're listening via your PS3, it's much better sounding. And it wasn't commissioned for radio, I think WDIV had it first and WCBS just started using at some point.

WNIR 100.1 FM Kent/Akron OH use "The Spirit of Akron, theme aka spirit of texas.

Has been in use for many years. Also a radio station (WWKC) in Cambridge, OH uses "Power News" by Non Stop, for the open of thier newscasts.

WNIR 100.1 FM Kent/Akron OH use "The Spirit of Akron, theme aka spirit of texas.
Has been in use for many years. Also a radio station (WWKC) in Cambridge, OH uses "Power News" by Non Stop, for the open of thier newscasts.

I believe WBAL-AM in Baltimore used the ITN / ITV News theme a few years ago, but I can't find any clips.

Great sample posted of KNBC's 1982-85 package by Tuesday on the NMSA.

Would Tuesday's other cut, "Tuesday 15" be considered a variation of the Newscenter Melody or not, and why isn't it referred as a "musical logo found" on NMSA?