Joe Nolan Leaving WABC

BehindNYNews

Joe's final broadcast will be today. This comes just about 1 year and 2 weeks since he was moved from mornings to evenings. He will still be on the radio. Very sad, I love Joe. I wonder if they will have Debbie DuHaime do traffic or get someone new?

Also, it's his Birthday!

Here's a photo of his first traffic report today on his last day... https://twitter.com/behindnynews/status/434434610010013696

So he is leaving. Big loss for WABC. When I say big loss, I don't think it will affect their ratings in any way, I'm just saying that he had a great personality and will truly be missed. I agree with "nynewslover", I was never really a fan of Debbie Duhaime, she comes across as just wierd to me. Maybe someone else from Total Traffic or Metro Traffic can get the spot. By the way, are Joe Nolan, Heather O'Rourke, and Debbie DuHaime from total or metro traffic or WABC employees? I was just curious.

Interesting, especially since he always seemed to be a crowd favorite. His load was certainly lightened having been moved from 4:30-7 a.m. to 4:00-5:00 p.m., so perhaps the writing was on the wall. I wonder if they'll phase traffic out of First @ Four altogether as a cost-cutting measure (they'd only have to pay Heather instead of Heather and Joe).

Who would be watching for traffic reports at that hour, anyway? People with televisions on in their offices? Folks at home wondering how long it'll take for their spouses to get home? Probably not a huge number of people I would think, but I don't know.

Interesting, especially since he always seemed to be a crowd favorite. His load was certainly lightened having been moved from 4:30-7 a.m. to 4:00-5:00 p.m., so perhaps the writing was on the wall. I wonder if they'll phase traffic out of First @ Four altogether as a cost-cutting measure (they'd only have to pay Heather instead of Heather and Joe).

Who would be watching for traffic reports at that hour, anyway? People with televisions on in their offices? Folks at home wondering how long it'll take for their spouses to get home? Probably not a huge number of people I would think, but I don't know.

If I'm not mistaken I believe WABC is the only station that has the afternoon traffic reports. WNBC for example only does afternoon traffic reports if something big is impacting traffic like a snowstorm or something.

If I'm not mistaken I believe WABC is the only station that has the afternoon traffic reports. WNBC for example only does afternoon traffic reports if something big is impacting traffic like a snowstorm or something.

I also think WNYW has Ines Rosales do traffic during their 5pm and sometimes 6pm newscasts.

I also think WNYW has Ines Rosales do traffic during their 5pm and sometimes 6pm newscasts.

I assume you mean in bad weather situations. Too add to this then, WCBS has Alex Denis and WNBC has Lauren Scala come in for the PM commute when needed.

I thought about this, but it gives people another reason to watch First at 4. It also differentiates EWN to the other stations and helps a lot in bad weather so Heather doesn't have to come back for the PM commute.

I think they will continue with PM traffic and I think they will get someone new who can do stand up traffic like Heather.

David Novarro did traffic today, just briefly talking while the webcams and commuter checklist were on screen. They didn't do maps. Also, rather than 3 traffic reports, it was just the one at 4:15pm today.

I wonder if this is temporary or not. I expected Debbie DuHaime to at least be in until someone permanent is named.

David Novarro did traffic today, just briefly talking while the webcams and commuter checklist were on screen. They didn't do maps. Also, rather than 3 traffic reports, it was just the one at 4:15pm today.

I wonder if this is temporary or not. I expected Debbie DuHaime to at least be in until someone permanent is named.

I know, I was sitting all ready for Debbie Duhaime to come on, but they just had David do it. I'm hoping this isn't temporary and WABC hires someone new to do traffic. By the way, was Joe a WABC employee or was he just an employee of metro/shadow traffic?

I'm hoping this isn't temporary and WABC hires someone new to do traffic.

I think you mean you hope it IS temporary?

I know, I was sitting all ready for Debbie Duhaime to come on, but they just had David do it.

It wasn't even a full traffic report...

By the way, was Joe a WABC employee or was he just an employee of metro/shadow traffic?

Not sure. The same question can be asked about Heather. I have a feeling WABC because they added Heather to the open but that is just a guess.

I think you mean you hope it IS temporary?

It wasn't even a full traffic report...

Not sure. The same question can be asked about Heather. I have a feeling WABC because they added Heather to the open but that is just a guess.

yeah, that's what I meant, it just came out wrong when I typed it.

That's interesting - I guess maybe it's because of all the public transit in NYC, but in Philly, every station has traffic during their 4pm and 5pm news Some even do it at 6pm. But lots of people in Philly live in the city and work in the suburbs - or vice versa.

According to this press release that WCBS-FM had up then took off line Joe is going to do traffic for WCBS-FM.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VAw3YUv51ccJ:wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/scott-shannon-in-the-morning/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

“Scott Shannon in the Morning” will also feature Mr. G providing weather reports, and Joe Nolan with all the latest traffic information for morning commuters.

According to this press release that WCBS-FM had up then took off line Joe is going to do traffic for WCBS-FM.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VAw3YUv51ccJ:wcbsfm.cbslocal.com/scott-shannon-in-the-morning/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

“Scott Shannon in the Morning” will also feature Mr. G providing weather reports, and Joe Nolan with all the latest traffic information for morning commuters.

WAIT A MINUTE! Scott left PLJ Joe left WABC for this job.. Does the mean Mr.G is leaving PIX!?lol prob not but just asking

• 3 weeks later...

Archived