Univision News Package

tw-804

We mentioned GrooveWorx's L.A. Groove (or NBC News Package on their website) on another thread. But did you know that they did the news package for the local Univision affiliates? Just learned that the other day. All that time, I thought it was an update of "Turning Point"!

http://grooveworx.com/news-packages/news-packages/univision

Discuss.

Last year I talked with the NMSA on some Spanish news themes (I identified the Telemundo 2013 network theme). He had talked with Mark Haffner, who said he was producing an update to Turning Point, and apparently he phrased it such that it was the first update to the package since 1997. Mr. NMSA added, "I have a feeling that the 'other' Turning Point themes [2006 and 2013] are by different people." He's clearly right. The 2013 package (which debuted alongside Univision's corporate image overhaul) is GrooveWorx, we now know.

The 2006 package could be custom, for all we know. Univision has its own ASCAP-listed music publisher, "Nuestro Music" (Our Music), and they produce a lot of music.

• 2 months later...

Archived