ABC World News Tonight

BehindNYNews

ABC has had Apple exclusives before... It may or may not be due to the fact that Steve Jobs was the largest shareholder in The Walt Disney Company and the two companies have been somewhat close at times...

I'll just leave this here...

http://abcnews.go.com/Test/video/apple-tv-abc-news-app-preview-check-abc-24219768

and again tonight! I wonder if she will become permanent....

I really don't think anything will become permanent til at least sweeps. Maybe they announce a full-timer in November to debut (or become official) in December or even January. By then, both the weeknight and weekend shows might be ready for a more extensive graphical or set refresh, and college football would be wrapping up, returning the program to 7 nights a week.

Unrelated, I just noticed this evening that the infamous Sawyer lighting glow is gone...even if they removed it awhile ago. Kinda ironic that they didn't want Diane looking so old, and they now don't want Muir to look so bright-eyed and youthful.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week's preliminary ratings are in, and 'World News Tonight' has edged out 'Nightly News' for #1, breaking a more than half-decade streak by the NBC program.

...But can ABC maintain the momentum?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/world-news-tonight-with-david-muir-gets-first-overall-weekly-win-in-6-years_b241212

• 2 weeks later...

It's been almost 2 months and, maybe it's just me, but I think that they are definitely doing more hard news. Well, maybe I should just say the amount of "fluff" seems to have decreased. Also, often times the first commercial break isn't until many times 6:45. Diane didn't do that too often.

Yeah, I've been meaning to mention it, but if anyone doubting the potential evolution of the program under Muir should check the broadcast out sometime. Not only has the fluff been pulled back a little, it almost seems like the quality fluff has been tightened up.

I don't mean this the way it reads: I wonder if Muir still loves his new job. Seems like the news exploded when he started. ISIS, NFL, Fergison, Entroviris, Ebloa.....A LOT of Breaking Stories. Not to mention His work on Apple and his Made In America Projects. Muir and ABC News has been very busy!

I don't mean this the way it reads: I wonder if Muir still loves his new job. Seems like the news exploded when he started. ISIS, NFL, Fergison, Entroviris, Ebloa.....A LOT of Breaking Stories. Not to mention His work on Apple and his Made In America Projects. Muir and ABC News has been very busy!

It seems like they waited for his term to begin so they can throw in a ton of stories at him to cover, and he does it so well. And in great timing too.

It seems like they waited for his term to begin so they can throw in a ton of stories at him to cover, and he does it so well. And in great timing too.

I really find myself tuning in a lot more often than when Diane anchored.

Having Dr. Richard Besser, who used to work for the CDC, made their Ebola coverage a lot more authentic-feeling.

They got #1 in the ratings recently, but then the most recent week NBC over took them. But it was SUCH a small margin.

Diane Sawyer's mother has passed away at 94. There were several rumors going around saying that Jean Sawyer Hayes' recent health woes factored into Diane's decision to step down from the ABC flagship. At any rate, condolences to Diane and Sawyer Hayes' family and friends. She was 94.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/diane-sawyers-mother-passes-away_b243247

Psst...'EVENING News' has had the 14 reports.

But still, that fact about ABC doesn't bother me in the least. The LOCAL stations are doing a fine enough job letting me know that the LOCAL races exist. Some people don't want to hear about national news on local newscasts, but I don't care to hear about local news on the national newscasts. Save it for election night.

Psst...'EVENING News' has had the 14 reports.

But still, that fact about ABC doesn't bother me in the least. The LOCAL stations are doing a fine enough job letting me know that the LOCAL races exist. Some people don't want to hear about national news on local newscasts, but I don't care to hear about local news on the national newscasts. Save it for election night.

Exactly, nothing really interesting will happen to warrant national coverage.

Uhh lets go back to US Government 101, folks. Congress is where legislation, funding and decisions that affect the entire country get proposed and voted on. The people elected to Congress affects the way the executive branch approaches certain things. The addition or loss of members belong to a certain party can sway or stall the movement of historical legislation. These local people who can shape the way Congress acts is very much a national story.

Yes, there are national consequences, but not until election night, and on a broad scale. Every little race is irrelevant and needs no real mention until some nutjob candidate goes off his rocker. And, let's be honest, this has been a fairly uneventful election, despite the potentially important outcome.

Yes, there are national consequences, but not until election night, and on a broad scale. Every little race is irrelevant and needs no real mention until some nutjob candidate goes off his rocker. And, let's be honest, this has been a fairly uneventful election, despite the potentially important outcome.

And that's the purpose of local news... To pick up where the networks leave off... It's almost pointless to cover it nationally due to the fact that the network can't cover every race... It would even be difficult to cover the battleground states

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...