ABC World News Tonight

BehindNYNews

16 hours ago, mountainave said:

We're talking about this two-story mini city?

abc-midterm2-set-abc-ml-181105_hpMain_3_

I liked this set a lot but I think it’s too much for a daily news program. Hopefully a more toned down version of this is what we’ll see.

Was this in the studio Tamron Hall films in?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I liked this set a lot but I think it’s too much for a daily news program. Hopefully a more toned down version of this is what we’ll see.

Was this in the studio Tamron Hall films in?

Yes; that set was located in TV2 which is now home to Tamron Hall. 

I thought the election night set was extremely over the top and unnecessary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

Yes; that set was located in TV2 which is now home to Tamron Hall. 

I thought the election night set was extremely over the top and unnecessary.

Seriously, they already have Time Square Studios when they do presidential election coverage, I feel like that's a better location anyways. 

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised ABC isn't putting World News up in the Times Square studio for time being. They own that studio space. They're not afraid to use it for a ton of other productions.

20 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Never did I think I would read on here on a hope for a toned down set. Lol. 

Phbbbbbt. I want a FIVE STORY ITN-style atrium set for ABC News. One for WNT! One for Nightline! One for This Week! One more on top of This Week for WNT! I dunno what they'd make the 5th story for, but they have that Disney MCU money now! Do it!

Edited by TSSZNews
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TSSZNews said:

Phbbbbbt. I want a FIVE STORY ITN-style atrium set for ABC News. One for WNT! One for Nightline! One for This Week!

Yuss. Brilliant idea. That set was brilliant.

1 hour ago, TSSZNews said:

One more on top of This Week for WNT! I dunno what they'd make the 5th story for, but they have that Disney MCU money now! Do it!

Replace fourth floor WNT with ABC News Live -- and the fifth floor be for WNN & ATM -- and you've got a plan.

3 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

I'm a little surprised ABC isn't putting World News up in the Times Square studio for time being. They own that studio space. They're not afraid to use it for a ton of other productions.

WNT doesn’t really need the large Times Square space. It is a one person show with an occasional in studio reporter. Doesn’t make sense to take on the additional expense of having WNT there (although Disney owns the space, the rental money comes out of ABC News’ budget). 

With TV3 unavailable, and only a small temporary set available, it makes sense for GMA Weekend to move there since it needs space for 3+ anchors. Same for This Week, which needs space for multiple guests and the round table. 

• Like 1

As currently constructed, WNT doesn't need much to go to air. Muir hasn't appeared standing up in that studio for the better part of a decade, and wears jeans most nights. Jennings & Gibson moved around the studio more than David. Like local newscasters around the country, a modern, spacious studio might force him to put on nice pants.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I just thought about this several weeks ago, I’m not sure when the last time I saw Muir standing in the studio. As you mentioned Peter and Charles used to open their show and present the Closer Look segment while standing.

And, ironically, they both hated the pointless wandering away from the desk to stand up somewhere for 30 seconds only to return to the desk right after that. I believe Diane’s tenure ended the WNT standing shots. 

4 hours ago, freelanceproducer said:

Here’s another sneak preview. Straight across the studio from the main desk on the left is the annex into the ABC Live set

28A7E4A8-3C09-416C-8655-ADFEFCA95815.jpeg

The same view less than a month ago... showing the area to the left you are talking about.

IMG_20200206_155529191-PANO.thumb.jpg.fe7e651b84df6e2de46068897b779284.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

Yep, even for ABC.

I would understand if it’s Fox.  I can’t help but think some of this is just for Super Tuesday, leave some elements in and then bring it back in November.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, freelanceproducer said:

Was scrolling through the “ABC News” location tag on Instagram and came across this preview. This looks sweet 👀👀

9EAB7BE9-9F38-4E66-A38C-F0E925C65A49.jpeg

Looks like the poster wisely took the photo down. The only abc photo I see is on the ABC News Live set. 

Election night is always over the top. I'm more interested in how they'll use it nightly. The options are wide open. This is the first time in more than a dozen years that they've explored the potential of the studio's height.

Edited by 24994J

If they don’t incorporate the world into their reporting or tell David Muir to talk like a normal anchor and not some theater dropout they’ll have a complete package... can we also not do weather with “millions impacted” every time a rain cloud rolls by?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, rkolsen said:

I would understand if it’s Fox.  I can’t help but think some of this is just for Super Tuesday, leave some elements in and then bring it back in November.

Looks like the poster wisely took the photo down. The only abc photo I see is on the ABC News Live set. 

Post is still there. Click on the ABC News Live set pic and scroll over to pic#2.

1 hour ago, 24994J said:

I guess the CURRENT World News set-up still includes the 2nd video wall. Maybe I just missed it, but this is the first time I've seen an exchange at the desk all week.

image.thumb.png.e6788aae6c62ab746039671af3dd057c.png

I saw that last night as well.  I found it kind of weird that the monitor in the front of the desk appears blurry with that angled shot.