The New HLN

todayshowproducer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There actually is a new logo coming.

Direct from Turner Resources:

skZ4sPt.png

A silhouette of a sinking Titanic would have been more apt.

What IS HLN's purpose now? It's sinking into the black hole of meaninglessness that consumed G4 a decade ago...

exAloEv.png

That's quite funny...it goes to shows you that Jeff Zucker will NEVER, under any circumstances, work in any network television (broadcast or cable), again. And just when I thought Fred Silverman was the worst network executive ever TV history, well, I was wrong.

Remember it's not just Zucker's fault. Albie Hecht is running the channel now and most of the executives he hired to help run the channel have no news experience and are just former Viacom colleagues.

But was it Zucker who hired - or signed off on - Albie's hiring?

I'm really interested in finding out how Albie's plans for a social-networking-centric news channel will work when 1/3 of the broadcast day is now filled with ten-year-old "Forensic Files" reruns. Talk about driving away the remants of your audience...

That's quite funny...it goes to shows you that Jeff Zucker will NEVER, under any circumstances, work in any network television (broadcast or cable), again. And just when I thought Fred Silverman was the worst network executive ever TV history, well, I was wrong.

Silverman actually did a great job at CBS and ABC before he shat all over NBC. Under his tenure, CBS attracted young viewers for the first and only time in their history, and then he went to ABC and made them #1. Zucker, OTOH, hasn't had very much success in any job he's had. Even his tenure as Today producer saw the botched pairings of Gumbel and Norville and Gumbel and Couric. It's really a wonder he's still in the business.

• 2 months later...

HLN's doing something this afternoon called NextYearNow

Or in other words, a preview marathon of its new shows, and a soft-launch of the new logo. They weren't kidding when they said they were making this into a channel for the social media generation...

HLN's doing something this afternoon called NextYearNow

Or in other words, a preview marathon of its new shows, and a soft-launch of the new logo. They weren't kidding when they said they were making this into a channel for the social media generation...

I'm not going to lie, I like the #Keywords show, it looks like something you would see on GSN.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on this article: http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/new-hln-launches-with-updated-logos-sets-and-programming/252141

It sounds as if HLN has turned into the Social Media Network where everything Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Tumblr will be shared on air, everyday of the week. How pathetic. "HLN" is nothing more than a name now as it no longer means HeadLine News. Guess I'll just totally avoid it now. The fact that T-Mobile is sponsoring an entire show! I can't wait to see how terrible this all fails.

I used to think that HLN was my go-to source for the latest news and information (especially the trial coverage) and now, as of today, the channel has gone downhill (or soon to be, for that matter) HLN has come a long way since its glory days as the network with the round-the-clock news format (many of us at TVNT will miss it very much), and today, its becoming a somewhat shell of its self. I don't know what to think about HLN becoming "All Social, All The Time".

I used to think that HLN was my go-to source for the latest news and information (especially the trial coverage) and now, as of today, the channel has gone downhill (or soon to be, for that matter) HLN has come a long way since its glory days as the network with the round-the-clock news format (many of us at TVNT will miss it very much), and today, its becoming a somewhat shell of its self. I don't know what to think about HLN becoming "All Social, All The Time".

I keep saying this to myself, "Today's society ruined Television." In other words, today's HLN social media focused network ruined yesterday's Headline News, every half-hour, all-news network.

New logo, graphics and set in place this morning.

I haven't watched HLN in some time but I think it's all very ugly.

I noticed the new logo Monday during whatever airs at noon ET (I was on the treadmill) in promos and on the mic during the "live" shot at AT&T stadium, but the program had the old logo in the graphics. I'm assuming it was a repeat, as it was dark outdoors during the "live" shot, and there was no time on the screen, not did anything indicate "live".

J

Archived