New Fox Sports graphics (for real this time!)

Viper550

Well, I guess something a lot of us predicted, is actually going to happen: for Fox Super Bowl Daily on FS1, we got a peak at some new graphics. One thing; its a lot more minimalistic than even the previous one, going by what we're seeing so far; the "generic" L3s are all rounded and look like a slate version of the Belo graphics (sorta rounded with a slight "glass" border) and a lot of their animations "feel" a lot like the ESPN L3s (i.e. how they shrink/slide away). The ticker got a more pleasing redesign; it's dark blue again, at least.

So, everyone, I'd recommend you keep an eye on all your FSN's and what not, since this is a pretty good time for them to push out new graphics with MLB season coming up.

edit: Nope, nothing new for Fox. Better luck next time... You'd think that would have been the telltale sign of a larger overhaul but...

Edit 2: Never mind then; it seems like they waited for NASCAR season instead!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a lot better than the crap they've been putting out the past year or so. FOX Sports' graphics became a mish-mash of old stuff mixed with some new stuff and you could really tell that things did not match. I hope that they use this new look for this MLB season.

Thumbs up to the new ticker. I kinda liked the old one, but the weird round/tapered/almost-heart-shaped shape had run its course.

8w97OP3.jpg?1?9710

They made the L-bar a lot slimmer and it actually looks pretty good. Hopefully the FoxBox is a little more polished too. Their current version is too hard to read unless you're right in front of the TV.

How is it that FOX Sports can have such nice graphics while FOX News has such terrible ones?

I think someone said somewhere sometime that Fox News creates their graphics in-house while everything else Fox is made elsewhere (take that with a grain of salt).

Fox Sports 1 is their flagship. Whatever FS1 has will be rolled out to the rest of the networks, and The Very Important Game Where Two Gridiron Football Teams Meet To Decide A Winner For The Season is where they'd debut it on the network.

Yeah, I've even saw it during Tonight's Blue Jackets' Game tonight so this is a Full FOX Sports thing from the mothership (FOX and FS1) down to the networks (FSN Regionals.)

From what I saw so far, I love it, It is such a clean look for them as a unit , and I can't wait to see what other graphics looks like together. But so far, so great.

Well, unfortunately, just saw a short little panel segment before their Road to the Super Bowl special, and the one mere L3 used still had the current design. Maybe we'll have to wait for baseball season or the actual pre-game show (I do recall that TSN's Grey Cup pre-game in 2012 was done mostly with the old graphics, until it suddenly switched to the "new" red/white look later on. But thenagain, how they rolled out that look was just plain disorderly) ... if there really is a new look and these are just an improvement for FS1 only. Or they may randomly update the design of part of it (that ice blue scoreboard for basketball must have some type of reasoning, but then they got rid of the ticker design it complimented, and I don't even get why they changed it for no reason to begin with)

The other bit of strange logic is that, if they were planning a new look, they probably would have launched it alongside FS1 (much like how NBC timed its new look for the NBC Sports Network launch)

The other bit of strange logic is that, if they were planning a new look, they probably would have launched it alongside FS1 (much like how NBC timed its new look for the NBC Sports Network launch)

You have to keep in mind that whole launch was planned around the NHL Winter Classic, one of NBC's marquee events of the year.

They've been using a rectangular graphic as a lead out to commercials since the divisional round, and I've seen more of that today on the Pre-game Marathon and to me it looks a lot like the '06- '10 package (but a modernized and polished version) while the L3s are still the same. I'd really love to see a new score bug at the very least, though. On a side note, I love the new desk inside the studio(s).

They've been using a rectangular graphic as a lead out to commercials since the divisional round, and I've seen more of that today on the Pre-game Marathon and to me it looks a lot like the '06- '10 package (but a modernized and polished version) while the L3s have are still the same. I'd really love to see a new score bug at the very least, though. On a side note, I love the new desk inside the studio(s).

Did you see the small weather graphic that popped up on the left side? I thought it looked pretty good. I do think that they need a new score bug, they really messed it up in the last few years. The tweak they made to it, made it harder to see the scores, not to mention that the color/texture of it were pretty ugly.

Did you see the small weather graphic that popped up on the left side? I thought it looked pretty good. I do think that they need a new score bug, they really messed it up in the last few years. The tweak they made to it, made it harder to see the scores, not to mention that the color/texture of it were pretty ugly.

Yup. And they just lead out with a hybrid of current and the "package" I described above. I don't know what to think right now as they are all over the place.

I've been seeing these gold-tinted graphics here and there, but part of me thinks they're just "special" ones for tonight (but who knows? The NBC Olympic L3's are now just the stock ones but with gold accents)

Part of me thinks they could be a great way to transition to those "panel" L3s that have been making the rounds lately (i.e. by now, everyone but Fox) while keeping everything else alone.

CBS's "blue" look lasted for quite a while with refreshes like this, but still...

I still think they'll need to redesign soon; they're picking up golf next year and the current look is way too aggressive for golf (a more cleaner look would probably be better for baseball too; the Belo-esque design from the FS1 look could be a good place to start)

Again, make them smaller and less decorated, and the giant "banners" could have worked well for pane L3's.

I still think they'll need to redesign soon; they're picking up golf next year and the current look is way too aggressive for golf (a more cleaner look would probably be better for baseball too; the Belo-esque design from the FS1 look could be a good place to start)

Again, make them smaller and less decorated, and the giant "banners" could have worked well for pane L3's.

I doubt baseball gets any new gfx this year. Usually new graphics appear on NFL telecasts first before they make their way over to MLB.

Are they going to use FOX Sports music (formerly just NFL on FOX) for golf? Seems a little bombastic for that, but last I heard, the head of FOX Sports wants to use that music for all their sports events.

I doubt baseball gets any new gfx this year. Usually new graphics appear on NFL telecasts first before they make their way over to MLB.

They might because the MLB will be on FS1 this year, too and they have different in-game graphics so it is a possibilty.

FS1 itself doesn't have different in-game graphics, IIRC. It's just their basketball coverage that has different graphics. Honestly, the way that Fox has handled the graphics lately is just plain sloppy. I like the general package that they've been using since 2010, but I hate the FoxBox that debuted in 2012. I wish they'd go back to the 2011 design; it was so much more beautiful and lively. The current one is drab.

Archived