CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

On 5/23/2019 at 2:19 PM, Liu2019 said:

In two to three years I predict the show will be a husband and wife hosted show with Tony and Katy.

Wise word: it’s best not to have spouses working for the same company or at the very minimum same show (however for a year or so Tony was a general correspondent/maybe freelancer for MSNBC).  If the shows cancelled both are out of work or if they both decide to leave the networks screwed. Scott at FTVLive has preached this for ages don’t two married anchor teams or situations where both work together. 

I have a suspicion MSNBC will try to keep Katy Tur for as long as they can.  She’s one of their rising stars.

Edit:  Joe and Mika I would say are an exception to the rule. By all accounts they didn’t start a relationship until well into the shows life.  However I think msnbc will be doing whatever they can to keep them on air (despite lower ratings compared to Fox & Friends they do get a lot of views from politicos and politicians from both sides) and they already are such as accommodating their broadcast from Florida’s with both coming from an at home two camera insert studio (so Joe can legally live half the year in Florida and not pay property taxes). 

Edited by rkolsen

8 hours ago, NYTV said:

Always keep in mind this is premiere week ratings. Let’s give it a month. 

• Like 2

Man everybody was wondering where did Jeff went since he left ‘Evening News’...but June 22nd is the date we must save the date to watch Jeff Glor alongside Michelle Miller and Dana Jacobson. Might need to check your CBS stations for times when does CBS This Morning: Saturday starts (mine starts at 7am)

43 minutes ago, JacobC said:

Man everybody was wondering where did Jeff went since he left ‘Evening News’...but June 22nd is the date we must save the date to watch Jeff Glor alongside Michelle Miller and Dana Jacobson. Might need to check your CBS stations for times when does CBS This Morning: Saturday starts (mine starts at 7am)

The majority start at 8am ET/5am PT, some at 9am ET/6am PT and even WHIO Dayton airs it at 10am.

6 hours ago, JacobC said:

Glor wasn't given a chance to prove himself during his very short time as anchor of CBS Evening News.  In a way, he pretty much got a raw deal in the midst of CBS' on-air personnel changes.  Unless he's got a couple more years left on his current contract, and isn't where he can leave CBS to find work at a competing network.

5 hours ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

Glor wasn't given a chance to prove himself during his very short time as anchor of CBS Evening News.  In a way, he pretty much got a raw deal in the midst of CBS' on-air personnel changes.  Unless he's got a couple more years left on his current contract, and isn't where he can leave CBS to find work at a competing network.

Not to worry, Jeff could be back in a prominent role soon (as he deserves) considering CBS is destined to shake up these two programs every 2 years on average.

6 hours ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

Unfortunately in television you don’t get time to “prove yourself.”  It’s very easy to lose viewers, and very hard to win them back. 

Zirinsky probably felt he didn’t belong at EN in the first place. 

• Like 4

On 5/31/2019 at 6:10 AM, MorningNews said:

Not to worry, Jeff could be back in a prominent role soon (as he deserves) considering CBS is destined to shake up these two programs every 2 years on average.

I'm a bit surprised he didn't want to go to 60 minutes. Unless that wasn't an option for him.

60 minutes doesn’t have room for an unlimited amount of reporters. Steve Kroft retired and they went for John Dickerson. Jeff I suppose agreed to so CBS This Mornings Saturday edition because either he wouldn’t have that opportunity at another network or he’s still under contract with CBS and for all we know if another shake up happens at CTM he will get a spot there.

• 4 weeks later...

In regard to Jeff not being given enough time to prove himself, he had 18 months and the ratings consistently went down during his tenure. Do we really think that would change? I think Norah O'Donnell should have gotten the job when they axed Scott Pelley. She is the perfect choice. Her recent interview with the CEO of Boeing was amazing. She asks hard hitting questions and doesn't allow the standard "talking points." As for CTM, I just dont think Tony and Anthony are going to move the needle. They are both great journalists but I'm sorry Anthony is boring and Tony is too young for the typical CBS audience. CBS needs a marquee name to shake things up. They should have gone after Ann Curry and Anderson Cooper.

Dan Rather took the CBSEN from #1 to #3 in a matter of 1 year when he joined the program. He remained the anchor for 25 years. 18 months to change viewing trends of 30+ years is ridiculous. 

Norah won’t make a difference either.

Edited by MorningNews

2 minutes ago, jtgh922 said:

In regard to Jeff not being given enough time to prove himself, he had 18 months and the ratings consistently went down during his tenure. Do we really think that would change? I think Norah O'Donnell should have gotten the job when they axed Scott Pelley. She is the perfect choice. Her recent interview with the CEO of Boeing was amazing. She asks hard hitting questions and doesn't allow the standard "talking points." As for CTM, I just dont think Tony and Anthony are going to move the needle. They are both great journalists but I'm sorry Anthony is boring and Tony is too young for the typical CBS audience. CBS needs a marquee name to shake things up. They should have gone after Ann Curry and Anderson Cooper.

Don't want to speak negatively on this. However, Ann Curry and Anderson Cooper won't bring the ratings for CTM to #1 status. The days of Harry Smith and Paula Zahn are long over. CTM has gotten better throughout the years. However, most of the younger audience and your 25-54 audience are watching GMA and Today. You could have all the new technology, new graphics. However, what's missing with CTM is that old 59th and 5th location and among other things.

Nora: Excellent journalist. Evening news will see a bump slightly in the ratings. Will definitely have work to do with Lester (NBC), and David (ABC).

13 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Don't want to speak negatively on this. However, Ann Curry and Anderson Cooper won't bring the ratings for CTM to #1 status. The days of Harry Smith and Paula Zahn are long over. CTM has gotten better throughout the years. However, most of the younger audience and your 25-54 audience are watching GMA and Today. You could have all the new technology, new graphics. However, what's missing with CTM is that old 59th and 5th location and among other things.

Nora: Excellent journalist. Evening news will see a bump slightly in the ratings. Will definitely have work to do with Lester (NBC), and David (ABC).

Anderson Cooper is best in prime time. Ann Curry would have been best off if she was passed over for Today after Meredith V left and Savannah took over in 2011. Then Ann could have focused on Dateline and perhaps when Brian Williams got axed from Nightly News Ann could have taken over. 

• 24994J changed the title to CBS Mornings