CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

If the bosses at CBS are as nervous and itchy over Jeff Glor as we're led to believe, they might be starting to move pieces in advance of moving Norah or John to Evening News.

Didn't even think about that but it makes too much sense. LOL at the idea of networks still changing the personalities of these newscasts instead of overhauling the antiquated format.

• Like 1

Didn't even think about that but it makes too much sense. LOL at the idea of networks still changing the personalities of these newscasts instead of overhauling the antiquated format.

How do you propose they bring the format up to date? GMA and Today have modernized their format and you’ve criticized them for it!

• Like 4

I think people may be reading too much into this. Gayle and Norah (on the surface) appear to be the main anchors with John and now Bianna having the title of 'co-anchor' in name only. I could be wrong, but that's how I view things on CTM. Given Bianna's background, it's a plus to have someone cover/discuss financial news, etc..., which is severely lacking on the big 3 morning shows.

Edited by jase
  • Like 4

I think people may be reading too much into this. Gayle and Norah (on the surface) appear to be the main anchors with John and now Bianna having the title of 'co-anchor' in name only. I could be wrong, but that's how I view things on CTM. Given Bianna's background, it's a plus to have someone cover/discuss financial news, etc..., which is severely lacking on the big 3 morning shows.

Reading into what? I think otherwise.

I only found the decision odd, and is just taking a wait-see approach. There's nothing between the lines I'm closing in on.

If this is the plan the producers have with Bianna, cool.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

A weatherman/woman would be great. I would watch more often. I like to get the big picture when it comes to the weather. Not just the local 10 second weather forecast.

A lack of a meteorologist (except on Saturdays) is part of the show’s charm.

• Like 2

I think it is more format then it is personality driven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I don't think CBS would really want to revamp its morning show AGAIN.  Would it?  CBS This Morning has improved much since it has debuted.  So much so, that I watched it recently and actually liked it a lot.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

It time to reboot Captain Kangaroo and just place it at 7am on CBS.🤣🤣

Good luck getting the old captain to pass a background check and drug test.

And that Mr Green Jeans was last spotted "farming" in Humbolt county, California.

I bet if you let the captain have his cigars between cartoons.....

captk.jpg.fdd20fab05af69945aa5ffaccdcc6f32.jpg

3 hours ago, Breaking News said:

It time to reboot Captain Kangaroo and just place it at 7am on CBS.🤣🤣

41 minutes ago, NEOMatrix said:

Or revive game shows. Now where's that Spectrum27 guy?😋

Firstly, Saban already tried a Captain Kangaroo reboot in the 90s, didn't last long in syndication and it then anchored a block on the ill-fated Fox Family.

As for game shows, in this case, no. I want CBSTM to remain as it is-- low-key, news focused, I like it since it doesn't focus on features too much or be overtly political like cable news. I can't go back to GMA or Today now.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, G2000 said:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cbs-this-morning-tv-news-anchors-1203158145/

According to Variety, CBS is considering making anchor changes.

I wonder if they plan to go back to the 3 anchor format if the changes occur, I did prefer that arrangement better than the 4 anchor format that they currently have.  If Norah moves to evening and John moves to 60 Minutes, would Jeff Glor move to mornings by default? Does Bianna stay put? Or are they going to get someone who has more political gravitas like Jake Tapper or a big-name like Anderson Cooper or Bill Weir (who did subbed for a week back in 2017)? The article did reference Ann Curry, but it sounds like it stemmed from past discussions last year.  

I am glad that Gayle is getting a lot of praise these past few days, she is a very solid person for CBS This Morning, I just hope that they won't start going to do more celebrity gossip stories since the R. Kelly and Michael Jackson subject interviews exploded for them. 

Edited by tvtime07

• 3 weeks later...
  • 24994J changed the title to CBS Mornings