CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

I always had that feeling that Dickerson had a rapport that showed he has the chops for morning TV. Just didn't notice openly until now. Good for him and the show.

but I don't get why they don't just continue with King and O'Donnell as a duo.

Especially when TODAY just went with Hoda and Savannah

As great as Gayle and Norah were as a duo, I always feel CTM was, is and always has been successful with a 3-anchor team (two women and one guy), and I'm glad this continues with Dickerson's hiring.

Will this mean that Dickerson will do six days a week, including continuing to do Face The Nation or will he give that up to do CBS This Morning?

He will transition off Face the Nation

I wondered if he would continue as Face the Nation moderator concurrently with his new duties;

but since he isn't, that's great.

Commuting between Washington and New York is a wench.

He prolly got some wisdom on the commute between NYC and Washington by the previous hose of Face, who did the commute to do the Evening News, Mr. Bob Schieffer.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What happened to CBS Ratings? 18 Months ago they had around 3.8 Million but now it down to 2.9 Million. they lost somewhere around 800,000-900,000 Viewers in a 18 Months period. Where have the Viewers gone? I sure Charlie Rose dismissal played a part in it.

The new anchor is boring on the morning news

• 3 weeks later...
So... it’s The Early Show all over again?

Um, I would hope not!!

This means that there is another lady at the anchor table to give John Dickerson more trouble every morning LOL!! He is now FAR outnumbered (3 females [Gayle, Norah, & Bianna] and 1 male [John Dickerson]!! :D:D:D

Fear not, CBS This Morning is 75 TIMES better than the Early Show ever was throughout its run, for many reasons (too many to list here)!!

Happy for Bianna, but I was already accustomed to the three anchor lineup. Very random development, but is CBS News telling us something? Is The Talk toast? A third hour of CBS This Morning in the works? A weather guy? Anderson Cooper coming aboard for morning chats?

I’m also curious how legit the 4th role will be. Like will they have a fill in when one of the 4 is gone or just revert to a 3 anchor lineup?

I’m assuming it’ll contract to a trio when one’s away; there has been talk of both Norah and Gayle contributing to 60 Minutes this season, so I wonder if Bianna is there to be a permanent part of the show without being delegated to simply fill-in.

• Like 1

If the bosses at CBS are as nervous and itchy over Jeff Glor as we're led to believe, they might be starting to move pieces in advance of moving Norah or John to Evening News.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• 24994J changed the title to CBS Mornings