Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top Ten things we copied from our competitors... 10) Giant video walls 9) location, baby! 8- Giving former Co-Anchors the "Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" treatment 7) A newfound

Also …. CBS now has a Black woman, a Greek man and Black man who was a former NFL athlete all anchoring a morning show in Times Square.  Sound familiar? 🤔 

In their defense, people don't exactly jump online to praise anything that they like. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, groupwfan said:

The other two NEED to have the same style ticker WITH their stations’ logos included. No excuses. 

Why? The previous design didn't (I don't think). Although it's better to have a ticker, I personally think it looks better without one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, iron_lion said:

Of all the Morning show attempts CBS has has was CBS This Morning (2012) the most successful? and I’m curious as to which morning show attempt do you think was CBS’s best?

Their morning program featuring Charles Kuralt and Diane Sawyer in the 80s topped Today for second place for a brief period. Their program in 1998 topped GMA for a second place finish one week during GMA’s failed McRee/Newman experiment. I don’t think CTM ever notched a full week out of 3rd place but did have a few days at #2 and even #1 after the Super Bowl iirc.

Edited by MorningNews
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, nynewslover said:

I wish WCBS would use a ticker like this rather than the one they use. I also don’t think it’s necessary to have a ticker on all newscasts. 

Tell that to KFMB. They’ve been running a news ticker on its newscasts since July of 2001 when they did that 5 year stint rebrand to “Local 8 News.”

 

also I think that station logo insert in the ticker is such wasted space with that big gap. At least shrink it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are more Affiliate Tickers from Hearst (KCCI), Nexstar (WTAJ) , Gray (WBTV), Sinclair (WRGB), Meredith (WGCL) and another COX station WHIO. 

 

I did try Scripps but none of the Scripps stations had a ticker at all like the Cox station I showed you yesterday. 

Screenshot_20210908-082048_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-081621_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083448_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083646_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083421_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-084909_IPTV Pro.jpg

Edited by Kenneth Kissel
Adding WHIO
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Here are more Affiliate Tickers from Hearst (KCCI), Nexstar (WTAJ) , Gray (WBTV), Sinclair (WRGB), Meredith (WGCL) and another COX station WHIO. 

 

I did try Scripps but none of the Scripps stations had a ticker at all like the Cox station I showed you yesterday. 

Screenshot_20210908-082048_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-081621_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083448_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083646_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083421_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-084909_IPTV Pro.jpg

KCCI TV8’s ticker looks good (but wrong font)

46’s decent…

others too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Here are more Affiliate Tickers from Hearst (KCCI), Nexstar (WTAJ) , Gray (WBTV), Sinclair (WRGB), Meredith (WGCL) and another COX station WHIO. 

 

I did try Scripps but none of the Scripps stations had a ticker at all like the Cox station I showed you yesterday. 

Screenshot_20210908-082048_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-081621_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083448_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083646_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-083421_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-084909_IPTV Pro.jpg

What's the requirement for affiliates to have time/temp/ticker? KVLY (Gray) Doesn't ever have that on CBS or TODAY (Unless they insert their alert bar for school closings etc).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chopper4 said:

From what I can read on most of their posts on Facebook,  the new format of the show is not very well liked.

Lots of bad reviews...

 

In their defense, people don't exactly jump online to praise anything that they like. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after watching the show, it seems like they are moving away from CBS This Morning. DJ D-Nice was there doing bump-ins and outs. Seemed as if there was a lot of banter and the anchors even danced. I'm not upset about the change, maybe will attract a younger demo. I do like the pace of the show.

 

We shall see... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS affiliate AM crawls are all inserted locally with a "suggested" font only. In addition, morning tickers aren't mandatory and some stations may not have the equipment to put them to air or properly trigger them. Stations were literally sent a PNG base file with font sizes and logo positioning. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is any part of Times Square visible from the set? If not, what was the point of moving to Times Square if they weren’t going to utilize it as a backdrop?

 

Obviously ABC doesn’t Times Square but it feels a bit duplicative to center another morning show nearly across the street from GMA, and have Nate (who I like) taking on a similar role to Michael Strahan.  

 

On the flip side Fox & Friends is also at Rockefeller Center (just not that adjacent) so touché🤔.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Is any part of Times Square visible from the set? If not, what was the point of moving to Times Square if they weren’t going to utilize it as a backdrop?

 

Obviously ABC doesn’t Times Square but it feels a bit duplicative to center another morning show nearly across the street from GMA, and have Nate (who I like) taking on a similar role to Michael Strahan.  

 

On the flip side Fox & Friends is also at Rockefeller Center (just not that adjacent) so touché🤔.


Given that the TS studio(s)/offices were not being fully utilized, as of late; moving the morning show there makes sense. They probably would have moved CBSEN there if it was still based in NYC.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iron_lion said:

Is any part of Times Square visible from the set? If not, what was the point of moving to Times Square if they weren’t going to utilize it as a backdrop?

 

Obviously ABC doesn’t Times Square but it feels a bit duplicative to center another morning show nearly across the street from GMA, and have Nate (who I like) taking on a similar role to Michael Strahan.  

 

On the flip side Fox & Friends is also at Rockefeller Center (just not that adjacent) so touché🤔.

I guess the difference is in the branding of the shows - Fox & Friends doesn’t advertise themselves as being in Rockefeller Center although their building technically is. GMA has been the morning show of Times Square for 20+ years, it’s a core piece of their identity.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if someone already covered this... But in today's NOT hard news, "Tony and Nate's Excellent Adventure" took a tour of Times Square and CBS seems to have no problem recognizing who's turf they're on.

 

They even tried to bring GMA a fruit basket and cake...

IMG_2706.PNG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Sorry if someone already covered this... But in today's NOT hard news, "Tony and Nate's Excellent Adventure" took a tour of Times Square and CBS seems to have no problem recognizing who's turf they're on.

 

They even tried to bring GMA a fruit basket and cake...

IMG_2706.PNG

My guess is they probably needed authorization (i.e., paperwork) to drop off the fruit basket and cake LOL....😁

 

Reminds me of the time David Letterman, during his days at NBC, once tried to bring a fruit basket to GE's headquarters only to be told he needed authorization, and he and his crew were later thrown out of the area by the company's rude security people; this was right around the time GE bought NBC in the mid-'80s

 

On that note, if you watch the Letterman clip on YouTube, right when Dave and his crew start filming near the GE building, you'll see at least 3 or 4 people a number of feet behind Letterman emerge from the building with a look of shock and disbelief on their face! Apparently, they had no idea he was coming! 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, J1975am said:

Reminds me of the time David Letterman, during his days at NBC, once tried to bring a fruit basket to GE's headquarters only to be told he needed authorization, and he and his crew were later thrown out of the area by the company's rude security people; this was right around the time GE bought NBC in the mid-'80s

That was all I could think of when they said that on CBS Mornings. I can't wait for Gayle King's Top 10 Lists to debut.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, hfiles said:

That was all I could think of when they said that on CBS Mornings. I can't wait for Gayle King's Top 10 Lists to debut.

Top Ten things we copied from our competitors...

10) Giant video walls

9) location, baby!

8- Giving former Co-Anchors the "Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" treatment

7) A newfound appreciation for Smooth Jazz

6) Outdated references to bits from retired CBS programs

5) That DJ we found leftover from the TRL days at Viacom

4) Paint everything orange- that got the Today Show 5 points, right?

3) Hey look! We got an couch from IKEA too!

2) Retired NFL players make great anchors!

1) Sure Willard wore a dress, but we gave Tony a fun hat!

 

All possible sarcasm in the jokes is implied.

Edited by GodfreyGR
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.