CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

5 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

CBS Saturday Morning debuted earlier.

Includes a great segment of its history (includimg a mention if cartoon and live-action programming on the network before that).

Really enjoyed the look back at the show's various incarnations if only briefly. More than that, I enjoyed the hell out of today's show (I usually do). Why can't the weekday show be like Saturday? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

We now know that CBSN (to be rebranded as CBS News [market name]) will relocate to the former CTM studios 

Expected but a smart and great decision. And the name change is random but a good one nonetheless. I hope much if not all of the set during the CTM era will be preserved 

I'd say why not "CBS News Net" or "CBS News Stream". Perhaps "iCBS" as it references both internet and the network's eye logo branding.

The non video wall elements of the Times Sq set look very good, dare I say the best of the 3 morning shows. 

Edited by iron_lion

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

Starting this week, they’ve returned to the previous “CBS This Morning” theme for the 7am Eye Opener headlines segment. 

Great!

I preferred the CTM eye opener as it was more of a current events summary, than a promo for upcoming stories in the 7:00 hour like CBS Morninngs' is.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, GodfreyGR said:

The old CTM Eye Opener theme played yesterday and today. Trust me... I have to watch the thing six times.

I heard it also this morning. I honestly must have missed it yesterday. Oddly enough, today at 8, the CBS Mornings theme played during that hour’s eye opener. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, geojustiniano said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVgMJKmvraE/

Interested to see what y'all think of this? 

I think it's great. I don't think they'll be the #2 show on Saturdays from now on automatically, but if they keep up the pace and great content for a while, this'll be a cause for celebration.

2 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

I think it's great. I don't think they'll be the #2 show on Saturdays from now on automatically, but if they keep up the pace and great content for a while, this'll be a cause for celebration.

And most importantly, how to translate that into the weekday broadcast

2 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

CBS Mornings had 4 anchors at the table this morning.  Tony and Nate were joined by Jamie Yuccas and Michelle  Miller   Gayle King has been off this week, however, this morning was the first day 4 people were at the desk with no mention of Gayle. 

Very interesting indeed, especially with sweeps coming up, kinda odd that Gayle took time off, I don't think they ever said where she went. Seems like they are testing other options.

Also interesting that this article came out in the same week: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cbs-news-shakes-up-talent-relations-gayle-king-norah-odonnell-1235099429/

I'm still confused in the aspect of their move to Time Square, aren't they in the old TRL space, why isn't part of the set designed with actual views of their new neighborhood? Visually, you really don't know that they are in Time Square, it sort of defeats the purpose of the move if there are no windows to look at. 🤔

I also noticed they started reusing the CBS This Morning Eye Opener theme as well for the "your world in 90 seconds" montage.

Not sure if the show actually needs four main anchors, they tried the configuration with Brianna Golodryga a few years ago and that didn't improve ratings.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

Seems like they are testing other options.

The four-anchor format was interesting to try mid-week, but they seemed to have good chemistry.

The question the bosses need to be asking- When you've replaced everything but Gayle, might it be time to try replacing Gayle?

Nothing against her and I'm sure shes a great person, I'm just pointing out that they have changed every other co-host, Moved the studio, re-branded the show and she has remained the only constant.

Then again, my argument for CBSEN echoes here... Someone has to be in third place. As long as the show makes money and sales isn't having issues selling it, then what's the point of another change?