CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

22 minutes ago, hfiles said:

The lower thirds look like it should be called "CNN Mornings." Especially when there's breaking news and the orange turns red.

Also, my local affiliate still has the wrong time zone and wrong weather on the ticker.

Agreed. The graphics are very CNN and the CBS bug is too small, otherwise the lower third is a nice look, much improved!

The name change however was utterly unnecessary. If this fails, give up the morning attempts and hand the slot to the local cbs affiliates.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Watching The Price Is Right, and it appears that new small CBS bug will also be used across daytime and primetime, as well.

I noticed that too. And it’s a pleasant change to have the logo bug on the left side of the screen rather than the right.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Watching The Price Is Right, and it appears that new small CBS bug will also be used across daytime and primetime, as well.

It looks so out of place- almost like it's an afterthought... "Hey Larry, there's no logo bug. Just throw something in, and don't worry about the proportions".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodfreyGR said:

It looks so out of place- almost like it's an afterthought... "Hey Larry, there's no logo bug. Just throw something in, and don't worry about the proportions".

For sure. You can Barely see it on the left hand side of this Picture I took from KDKA-TV. 

Screenshot_20210907-114258_IPTV Pro.jpg

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, JosiahCubed said:

So far, they have kept the graphics clean, with a narrow version of the TT Norms font for the Lower Thirds.

As I can see on the KDKA version of the ticker bar, there is a modified version of the KDKA logo in between the time/temperature and ticker.

IMG_1216.thumb.jpg.199a7ff54f6622ebde8d3c09dfb66f0d.jpg

Huh...that's the same one which popped up during Steelers pre-season games, so there's a change in the making for sure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

For sure. You can Barely see it on the left hand side of this Picture I took from KDKA-TV. 

Screenshot_20210907-114258_IPTV Pro.jpg

It needs to be bigger. You can barely see it. I literally had to zoom in to this picture to actually see it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Wow - did CTM ever use a soft set area with couches and chairs like they did this morning? I can see the show gravitating more and more towards The Early Show than CTM and let’s be honest that format just works for American morning television.

PLEASE CBS, Whatever you do, Don't go back to The Early Show . It Was more Horrible then This is.  This was done at Trump Plaza in its beginning run too before moving to 5th Avenue.  I agree about giving this to the Affiliates if CBS Mornings doesn't work out.  How did this not get changed for over 12 Years?

Early show..JPG

Early 2.JPG

Early 3.JPG

Early 4.JPG

Early 5.JPG

Early 6.JPG

3 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Just throwing it out there. Should this thread be retired, since This Morning is done, with all relevant posts moved to a new Mornings thread, or would anyone prefer just a renaming of this discussion?

Renaming.

27 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Just throwing it out there. Should this thread be retired, since This Morning is done, with all relevant posts moved to a new Mornings thread, or would anyone prefer just a renaming of this discussion?

Just leave it. History proves that CBS will circle back to "This Morning" in 10-12 years. We will be ahead of the curve.

• Haha 7

I feel like most everyone else the name change was completely unnecessary. It seems like to me CBS had actually gotten some traction with CBS This Morning. Why throw all that away for a new name? I love the Eye Opener and am glad that it wasn't discarded. But I agree with the poster earlier on who said it is slowly devolving into a tease for the show ahead rather than serving as a look at your world in 90 seconds. The music will grow on me, I suspect. I love the new graphics and studio. I also like the fact that talent isn't confined to the main desk and is moving around a bit more. While I'm disappointed Anthony Mason is no longer part of day to day activities, I'm looking forward to the pieces to come from him which I think he excels at. I'm willing to give Nate the benefit of the doubt, but it seems to me he just sat there today like a bump on a pickle. Not sure what was up with that. He showed a lot more personality during the time he filled in for Tony while he was out on paternity leave. All in all, as long as they continue to focus on hard news the first hour with a bit more features in the second hour, I'll keep watching.

• Like 3

• 24994J changed the title to CBS Mornings
6 hours ago, tjt24 said:

It needs to be bigger. You can barely see it. I literally had to zoom in to this picture to actually see it. 

Just like abc, a giant graphical step backwards. The tiny bug looks right for a streaming service not network tv. 

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

About bloody time. The logo always seemed dated.

I liked the serif looking font for CBS, but this is a nice look as well.

Of all the Morning show attempts CBS has has was CBS This Morning (2012) the most successful? and I’m curious as to which morning show attempt do you think was CBS’s best?

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kenneth Kissel said:

Looks like there is a difference depending on who owns the station.  The first Picture is CBS O&O KOVR, the 2nd is Tegna owned KFMB, the third is Cox owned KIRO TV. Look at the difference in tickers or lack their of. 

Screenshot_20210907-103221_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-103244_IPTV Pro.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-103414_IPTV Pro.jpg

The other two NEED to have the same style ticker WITH their stations’ logos included. No excuses. 

• Like 1