CBS Mornings

todayshowproducer

Josh Elliott filled in for the first time on CBS This Morning. He now has been on all three network morning shows. I didn't catch the show this morning but according to the comments on TVNewser, he did a good job.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/josh-elliott-fills-in-as-co-host-on-cbs-this-morning/291477

He really did. I believe he's was hired to replace Charlie down the road. But overall, he was really good. He outshined Anthony.

• 1 month later...

Usually, I think it's live or close to it, considering that Charles reads the headlines himself. However, I think I remember the occasional toss to whoever they can borrow from WCBS/CBSN in studio 47, usually the Sunday of a holiday weekend.

• 2 months later...
CTM just announced that they'll be broadcasting from the African American History museum next Monday with limited commercial interruptions. A first for morning TV?

Limited? Probably not, but maybe the first time in decades. I could totally see Charlie and Joan's GMA doing that during at least a few of their road shows way back when. Entirely commercial-free, though, would almost assuredly be a first.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's happened.

Whether it be network browbeating or local management being a bit more optimistic about their network morning news now, WWL has started carrying CBS This Morning.

http://www.wwltv.com/mb/entertainment/television/mytv/details-on-eyewitness-morning-news-at-7-am-move-to-wupl-tv/226496898

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, everyone. Long time reader of TVNewstalk.net, and now a first-time poster!

My two cents: CBS, by far, has the best morning show with "CBS This Morning," and suffice it to say, out of all the shows that CBS has tried since "Captain Kangaroo" went off the air, I think CBS finally struck gold with this attempt!

It'll be great to see Charlie Rose come back once he returns from heart surgery. He, Norah O'Donnell, and Gayle King make an outstanding team!

The main differences, in my opinion, between "CBS This Morning" and its competitors (aside from screaming spectators outside on the other shows) is that they utilize CBS anchors and correspondents and guest experts frequently, and they leave the booking battles to their competitors. Not many awkward moments to speak of, either!!

So, this is my first post. I'm sure there a lot of people on this board who will agree with my two cents on "CBS This Morning"! :-)

• Like 5

Yep! I remember very well! In those days, there was very little to no chemistry at all between Erica, Gayle, & Charlie. If you watch a clip of those first few months, it was painful to see.

Since Norah came aboard to replace Erica, the show has gotten better and improved over time!

I'm a Good Morning America viewer by habit (been watching since it was Charlie Gibson and Joan Lunden!)... but have tuned into once in a while to CBS This Morning since it debuted and watch it even more now. I just can't take the inconsistency of GMA lately and the poor decision to have Michael Strahan elevated to a cohost who pretends to be a journalist. CBS really just puts on a smarter, more intelligent broadcast without all the noise and gimmicks.

• Like 1

I agree that CBS This Morning is not just the best out of the three, but it's better than anything on cable too. The key difference is that it's a news show, not a circus with an abbreviated newscast at the beginning of the first hour. Before, I used to never even bother with the network morning shows.

The Evening News is a great complement to it at night too. It's found the right speed of synthesizing "all that matters" in what's happening in the country and abroad.

• Like 4

uhh, everybody does know the network morning shows are down 8% from last year...

Depends on what show you are talking about.

GMA and Today MAY have dropped as much as -13% whereas CBSTM was only down -4 %.

No one source has definitive numbers on the viewership drop...so it's best to use the many, many different available sources.

Depends on what show you are talking about.

GMA and Today MAY have dropped as much as -13% whereas CBSTM was only down -4 %.

No one source has definitive numbers on the viewership drop...so it's best to use the many, many different available sources.

Correct, the networks together are down that much as a whole. Regardless, the writing is on the wall and the ratings next year will be down too much to nitpick who is down 13% or who is down 3%. It's a trend that's been going on for over 35 years when rating of 30 was the norm

• Like 1

Correct, the networks together are down that much as a whole. Regardless, the writing is on the wall and the ratings next year will be down too much to nitpick who is down 13% or who is down 3%. It's a trend that's been going on for over 35 years when rating of 30 was the norm

Overall TV viewership is up...way up!

OTT, streaming , nteflix, slapface, tablets, smartphones.... the networks get pieces of it...nobody is hurting.

Trust me...

It's just shifted, and the chase is on.

• Like 4

Overall TV viewership is up...way up!

OTT, streaming , nteflix, slapface, tablets, smartphones.... the networks get pieces of it...nobody is hurting.

Trust me...

It's just shifted, and the chase is on.

you go believe what the management tells you. whether the Networks get a piece of it or not, NOTHING compares to the $$$ that Broadcast viewership brings in. All that other stuff is NOT ONLY way cheaper, BUT - it gets sliced and diced by everyone it feeds through AND also gets finite analytics as to how long it was watched, if it was skipped, etc. whereas Broadcast is still guesswork because of the Nielsen way of gathering demographics by one person's viewing habits representing tens of thousands of people - you can't fudge those demographics with smart technology of tablets, phones etc.

Could a graphics change be on the way to CBS This Morning?

Some videos uploaded to Vimeo recently suggest it...

[MEDIA=vimeo]199180688[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]199364736[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]201303237[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]202444189[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=vimeo]207383897[/MEDIA]

These are many more videos like the ones above. Take a gander if you wish.

Personally, I do not like these at all. I hope they aren't approved.

• 24994J changed the title to CBS Mornings