WLS' Linda Yu Injured in (Alleged) Motorcycle Accident

24994J

The veteran 'Eyewitness News' anchor, 67, was involved in a road accident last week. She was allegedly riding on the back of a motorcycle when she sustained her injuries, including a broken leg. WLS president John Idler said she will be out indefinitely as she recovers.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2014/01/08/linda-yu-recovering-from-accident/

This week, principal anchor Kathy Brock has filled in for her at 4PM, while morning anchor Hosea Sanders is taking her place on 'Windy City LIVE'.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

She's getting around in a walker now. But it's still a mystery as to what kind of motorcycle accident this was or where it was and what kind of bike did Linda happen to be on at the time? It's amazing how they like to break all kinds of stories in the TV news industry unless it happens to be about themselves :rolleyes:

She's getting around in a walker now. But it's still a mystery as to what kind of motorcycle accident this was or where it was and what kind of bike did Linda happen to be on at the time? It's amazing how they like to break all kinds of stories in the TV news industry unless it happens to be about themselves :rolleyes:

It happened in Florida while she was on vacation, somehow she either fell off or put her leg down wrong or something, as for what kind of bike: it has two wheels and a motor, whether it was a Suzuki, a Yamaha or a Harley it's still a motorcycle, the brand is irrelevant to the story. It would be like reporting the brand of semi in a rollover, would anybody care if it was between Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Volvo, Mack and Freightliner? Or just that it rolled? Try not to get bogged down in the small stuff and be glad she's ok. It's not our business exactly what happened if she doesn't want to say, just like everyone else can decline to be on video or to disclose their names or issues. She may be on tv but she still can control her narrative, it's privacy.

That would be a real non-story, though. I've never heard the news reporting on what kind a bike a person was riding, if they didn't die.

Yes, if it happened to somebody most people never heard of it would be a non-story. On the other hand when it happens to one of Chicago's most famous anchors, and she's not exactly hiding the injury on Facebook, that makes it a real story. In fact that reminds of how years ago Walter Jacobson was ticketed for DUI. It was just one more DUI that happens everyday. But when it happens to Jacobson, it's newsworthy.

Yes, if it happened to somebody most people never heard of it would be a non-story. On the other hand when it happens to one of Chicago's most famous anchors, and she's not exactly hiding the injury on Facebook, that makes it a real story. In fact that reminds of how years ago Walter Jacobson was ticketed for DUI. It was just one more DUI that happens everyday. But when it happens to Jacobson, it's newsworthy.

it's a symptoms of beimh seen and expected to be seen all day, you have to say why that somebody is at least still alive, but don't have to give details beyond that about why they are gone. It really is much ado about a real yawner. Do you want to know Jacobsons brand of car too?

it's a symptoms of beimh seen and expected to be seen all day, you have to say why that somebody is at least still alive, but don't have to give details beyond that about why they are gone. It really is much ado about a real yawner. Do you want to know Jacobsons brand of car too?

Well since many of us do care about cars and motorcycles, that would make the story even more interesting. My guess is Linda was probably on a Harley or Japanese or German cruiser. It would be even more interesting though if Linda was cruising on a Ducati or Japanese or German sport bike.

EICMA11.12Ducati1199S.700.jpg

Well since many of us do care about cars and motorcycles, that would make the story even more interesting. My guess is Linda was probably on a Harley or Japanese or German cruiser. It would be even more interesting though if Linda was cruising on a Ducati or Japanese or German sport bike.

EICMA11.12Ducati1199S.700.jpg

I admit even I'm curious now about which brand, I'm just saying the average viewer probably isn't like you or I in that department.

We're actually having this discussion?

She got into an accident. No criminal charges came from it, so it's not our business. She can and has shared exactly what she wants.

We're actually having this discussion?

She got into an accident. No criminal charges came from it, so it's not our business. She can and has shared exactly what she wants.

Then go around and shut down the National Enquirer or some other gossip rags. And don't forget to tell them how it's none of their business to report the news of celebrities, especially if no criminal charges took place. Although since we don't know the fine detail in Linda's case, you just never know. ;)

Then go around and shut down the National Enquirer or some other gossip rags. And don't forget to tell them how it's none of their business to report the news of celebrities, especially if no criminal charges took place. Although since we don't know the fine detail in Linda's case, you just never know. ;)

I'd be happy to shut those down, they are just making it all up anyway. No better than the onion, at Least they admit the comedy.

Did Linda kick your puppy when you were a child?

It just seems to me like you're trying to make a bigger deal out this than it really is. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Did Linda kick your puppy when you were a child?

It just seems to me like you're trying to make a bigger deal out this than it really is. Of course, that's just my opinion.

You're correct, that's just your opinion. And it doesn't change how I feel about this situation. I'm still curious about the specifics in this case. I'd like to know more, I was around back when Linda started on channel 5.

You're correct, that's just your opinion. And it doesn't change how I feel about this situation. I'm still curious about the specifics in this case. I'd like to know more, I was around back when Linda started on channel 5.

Try emailing her and asking, it can't hurt to try.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived