Kieth Jones New 5 p.m. anchor

Daybreak

Seems like Vai is the new morning guy per Tracy's twitter. I'm kind of surprised that Keith was moved to 5pm being that after Tim Lake left, everyone but him substituted on the 4pm and 5pm! But I like Keith so it works for me. However, I do think it'd be better to give Keith two shows and Jim two shows.

As for the 11am, it was never really Keith's. It seems like 95% of the time it's solo anchored, and Keith and Tracy would rotate it.

The last thing I'd like to see is when one of the anchors is off on the 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, or 11pm, I'd like to see a fill-in instead of having one person solo-anchor. It's be nice to see Renee on the 11 once in a while filing in for Jackie!

Seems like Vai is the new morning guy per Tracy's twitter. I'm kind of surprised that Keith was moved to 5pm being that after Tim Lake left, everyone but him substituted on the 4pm and 5pm! But I like Keith so it works for me. However, I do think it'd be better to give Keith two shows and Jim two shows.

As for the 11am, it was never really Keith's. It seems like 95% of the time it's solo anchored, and Keith and Tracy would rotate it.

The last thing I'd like to see is when one of the anchors is off on the 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, or 11pm, I'd like to see a fill-in instead of having one person solo-anchor. It's be nice to see Renee on the 11 once in a while filing in for Jackie!

4-6PM is always covered by two anchors. They usually will pull one of the weekend anchors to fill in depending on off days and the like. I guess contracts get in the way of having anyone fill in at the desk at 11 so they feel like it's ok to solo whoever isn't off at 11.

All that said it wouldn't surprise me if Keith is Jim's primary sub at 4,6 and 11. Renee is a bit trickier since she's earlier than the rest of the nightside crew (I've seen her anchor the 11AM with Keith during one of the snowstorms and she's filed live in studio reports for the 11AM on numerous occasions since her shift change).

Wow! Didn't see this coming. I liked Keith in the mornings. His energy and ad lib and fun demeanor were great for that show. I know he will do well in the evenings as well. Congrats to him.

Vai going to mornings is interesting. He is paired again with Tracy Davidson, and Bill Henley will help him settle in, and Ukee Washington helped pave the way overall. I don't know how he'll fare, but it'll be interesting for sure.

yeah, I've been slowly writing out my "awards" for the year and Keith would have earned "most underrated personality". He really did wonders for that morning newscast, he's great with breaking news, and he just has this calm and friendly demeanor. I like him and I'm glad he earned the promotion.

That said, when they paired him with Tracy Davidson was when the broadcast took off. I want to see how Vai and Tracy click, and if they work as well as Keith and Tracy did. I think there's potential. And yeah, he's made a pretty good switch to news so far.

I'd still say the best morning team in the area is Mike and Sheinelle, but they do a very different broadcast than anyone else.

Good for Keith. Jacqueline and Keith seems to make the 5 an even stronger newscast. Vai shifting to mornings should not be a problem for him since he made a presence settling in the evenings. Could this move have been due to the sports dept being done by CSN? So how is 11 AM going to work? Does Keith keep it while anchoring the 5? Does the rotation with her and Tracy continue?

Good for Keith. Jacqueline and Keith seems to make the 5 an even stronger newscast. Vai shifting to mornings should not be a problem for him since he made a presence settling in the evenings. Could this move have been due to the sports dept being done by CSN? So how is 11 AM going to work? Does Keith keep it while anchoring the 5? Does the rotation with her and Tracy continue?

Yeah the CSN takeover allowed for Vai to move to the morning. He's also taking over the 11AM. Keith moves completely over to nightside anchoring the 5PM and I saw him last night out in the field reporting for the 11PM. Dunno if that'll be a regular thing but it was cool to see.

Archived