Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Ben Sherwood's first order of business as Pres. of DATG?

Can't find any info on this on the internet. Do the promos advertise Lara as the host?

My guess is that they aren't ready to make a full announcement yet, it's on their vimeo promo page. The promos show a lot of Lara and Rachel Smith. Looks like a few rough draft cuts which makes me think the program is still in the process of development.

I'm hoping it works out and leads to less of Pop News and less of Lara Spencer on the program...

Maybe to the first one, and I doubt the second.

In the promo, there sure is a lot of Josh, and some of Sam. There are also a few cuts of Gio Benitez near the end, as well, so he might find a place on the show.

The video is on this page (for now)... http://vimeo.com/abcpromos/videos/page:4/sort:date

Maybe to the first one, and I doubt the second.

In the promo, there sure is a lot of Josh, and some of Sam. There are also a few cuts of Gio Benitez near the end, as well, so he might find a place on the show.

The video is on this page (for now)... http://vimeo.com/abcpromos/videos/page:4/sort:date

Thanks for the link. I actually like the idea of the show. It almost seems like GAA in a half hour on ABC Family. I wonder if this could be a test to see if they should move it to ABC?

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow could be the first chance that we get to see who sits in for George when he's gone. He left the show early today to appear on JKL tonight (unless he gets on the flight to head back after the taping).

One of these days we're going to have to find out who fills in for Ginger, too. Frankly, I'm surprised both of them have gone so long without a day off.

One of these days we're going to have to find out who fills in for Ginger, too. Frankly, I'm surprised both of them have gone so long without a day off.

I'm guessing they'll have someone from WABC or WPVI fill in for now.. Probably Lee Goldberg

I don't know that this needs its own thread so I will post it here...

Diana Perez is leaving ABC tomorrow to spend more time with her children. She did hint that she would be back though. In terms of the next anchor, my money is on Marci Gonzalez.

Like her filling in for three months wasn't a tryout for Diana's position... I hope they do promote Marci Gonzalez though. I like her. Has a great personality and fits the program well.

Now they just need to find a way to get rid of John Muller, he's not that good. As bland and boring as they come. He would be better as a reporter.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I asked Ginger who will be filling in for her while she is away. She said that there will be a bunch of different people, including Spencer Christian.

[sound of news junkies salivating.]

Humor me for a moment...

Good Morning America may have had a rotating cast in the last 6 months, but they've stayed on top of said changes on their Facebook page, always with well-done, attractive cast photos...

goodmorningamerica_2012cast.jpg5339ca5722307.preview-300.jpgABC_gma_cast_mar_140401_16x9t_384.jpg

And this is the current cover photo...

10270538_10152047252682061_433763559335143220_n.jpg

Looks pretty good, right?

So, why is it that America's #1 morning show is using THIS abomination on the network's marketing site? This "photo" was cobbled together when Josh and Sam were on the show, with additions made as necessary...

PHOTO_GMA-042914.jpg

I mean, really. Ginger's face is flipped, for goodness sake! It looks like crap, and that's just my two cents on this pointless issue.

As you were...

I really don't understand why they won't just use the current Facebook photo although the guide on TV has updated from that epic fail crop job picture to the one with the crew gathered around the desk which led me to believe that this was their official cast photo but I guess not. Honestly it looks terrible.

I thought about starting a new thread for this but decided against it.

I would like to know why ABC has decided to let their stations basically do what ever they want for their local news crawl during Good Morning America. In fact I think their national news ticker which is replaced when a local affiliate keys over their headlines looks horrendous and doesn't mat the graphical style at all.

Compare this to what the Today Show and CBS This Morning use where it fits into their graphical style perfectly and requires little operator intervention. For Today all the affiliate has to do is to edit a simple text document and their Namedropper HD system formats it and the machine does the rest. I'm not familiar with what CBS uses but I'd reckon its similar. But for both of them it's essential a set it and forget it operation where the network sends cues for when the crawl should appear or disappear.