Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

If reports are true then this was part of her new contract deal. That leads me to believe that what Josh was asking for wasn't that crazy. I really hope that this isn't a precursor for Robin or George's departure but I just can't see any other reason why they'd promote Lara and allow Josh to walk.

Am I the only one here that believes that GMA is stocking too much up on women and that they can't run a successful morning show with virtually all women at the helm? If the Today Show was more or less all women, people would think they were batshit crazy and give them hell for it. I don't see that as much for GMA.

They've only added one new lady to the roster, Amy and that's because she was virtually apart of the team anyway. I had heard nothing but complaints about the amount of women that are on the show after Josh left, until Michael was introduced to the audience. I do agree that the show would be unbearable and lost if George was to leave and Robin and Lara are left to helm the program.

Am I the only one here that believes that GMA is stocking too much up on women and that they can't run a successful morning show with virtually all women at the helm? If the Today Show was more or less all women, people would think they were batshit crazy and give them hell for it. I don't see that as much for GMA.

Women are the audience for those shows. It would be batshit crazy to stock up on men, women... not so much.

It sounds to me like it's just an additional title for her to have that she wanted as part of her contract renegotation. She'll probably continue doing what she's been doing, maybe with a few extra stories and interviews. I suspect it also means she'll be the main fill-in at the desk.

Anyway, confusing for all of us, I think. We can read into it all we want. Who knows...

It sounds to me like it's just an additional title for her to have that she wanted as part of her contract renegotation. She'll probably continue doing what she's been doing, maybe with a few extra stories and interviews. I suspect it also means she'll be the main fill-in at the desk.

Anyway, confusing for all of us, I think. We can read into it all we want. Who knows...

Let's hope so since it already looks like her role has expanded a bit on the show in the last few weeks. If Lara ever wants to become anchor she has to hand over the pop news and celebrity scoops to someone else on the program, because she can't continue to do what she does now and expect people to take her seriously in a news role. Also the response at least online seems overwhelmingly negative towards the "promotion"

I dare say that genital counting is unfair. The people on GMA are killing it. The ratings are proving that out. Josh, a man, was replaced by Amy, a woman, a the initial ratings have bumped upward.

Agreed. Amy was a great addition and I expect them to continue killing it when Michael and Tony officially start.

They haven't included Robin and George's name in the introduction since around the time that Sam left. Lara is in her normal spot but she's introducing more stories and segments so far, if this is the extent of her promotion then I'm fine with this.

So Michael started today. My only thought is that Lara, as anchor, should be in his new seat location as it is more in line with Robin and George.

Michaels presence this morning breathed so much life into the show that I hadn't even realized was missing. GMA felt fresh this morning. Also Lara's new title is just that, a title. The only real change is that she is now Robin's primary fill in.

So Michael started today. My only thought is that Lara, as anchor, should be in his new seat location as it is more in line with Robin and George.

I think he should be between George and Lara, or on the end next to Lara. Looked too crowded on the one side and too large of a gap between George and Lara this morning.

Does anyone know when Diane Sawyer's contract is up?

When she either walks out or gets carried out in a wooden box. I don't know when the contract is up, but I'm 100% sure the job is hers for however long she wants it.

When she either walks out or gets carried out in a wooden box. I don't know when the contract is up, but I'm 100% sure the job is hers for however long she wants it.

I completely agree and didn't think for the second otherwise that it is her seat until she wants to leave, I was just curious if anyone knows when the current contract ends.

Pop News is being expanded into it's own 30 minute program 5 nights a week on ABC Family according to promos running on ABC.

Wow.

I get used to that on GMA, but cutting a half hour of repeat programming on ABCF for that isn't going to work for me.

I give it five months, if not four..