Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

On 12/8/2023 at 7:49 AM, Abraham J. Simpson said:

It’s so interesting to me. Be they colleagues, friends or family, no matter what they’ve shared with me, or me with them, I will always respect without objection when they want to keep something private. I certainly would not presume that just because someone I watch on TV has talked about “X” that they have ceded any right to maintain privacy over “Y.” The “borders” can be wherever they need to be for each person and are free to move and change at any time. 

That might be true, but if you see a story about one of these people you're familiar with, you're probably still going to click/watch, right?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure I’m annoying but I wish ABC would consider bringing GMA3 a live element. Most days the news “updates” they provide at the top of the show are hours old with new critical updates not included in the story. Today they’re rebroadcasting a show from November that included nearly two month old developments and updates on the Israel-Hamas conflict and wildfires out west. Not trying to be hyperbolic about it but it’s a sloppy product.

Edited by MorningNews
  • Like 2
  • Concerned 1

On one hand it's the holiday season so I assume it's because the main anchors are off but then again I assumed they would at least have fill ins to film new episodes

I assume the reason the show in general is pre-recorded is because of the limited time they have in the Times Square studio and hopefully with the move to the new studio it means that it will finally be live

What would help is if they use their lower-thirds to identify who's anchoring on GMA as a substitute, or just a bare VO at the top. Their stage left substitute anchors vary between a number of interchangeable white men and the only way to know who they are is if the correspondent mentions their name during a toss; it's annoying to the viewer (I know WNT is always going to be "with David Muir" even if Elmo's anchoring). It's almost like ABC News doesn't want to identify anyone unless their contract specifies they must be or like Tory Johnson, makes money for them.

Edited by mrschimpf

On 12/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, MorningNews said:

I’m sure I’m annoying but I wish ABC would consider bringing GMA3 a live element. Most days the news “updates” they provide at the top of the show are hours old with new critical updates not included in the story. Today they’re rebroadcasting a show from November that included nearly two month old developments and updates on the Israel-Hamas conflict and wildfires out west. Not trying to be hyperbolic about it but it’s a sloppy product.

That is pretty bad for a news program. They should pretape these shows, have the on-duty anchor give a news update and fill the bulk with recycled and evergreen content. 

• Like 3

All of this week's GMA3s have been either clip shows or single-topic programs, all prerecorded, which is totally okay. Good for them. It's a light week. But really, not updating the news update with TODAY'S headlines is just bad.

• Like 3

I’m of the opinion that they should just drop the “news” element from the show entirely if they won’t produce it live. It’s hard to tell the difference between live and prerecorded editions of the third hour of Today because their content isn’t largely based on real time current events. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...