Jump to content

Good Morning America


Action Newsroom

Recommended Posts

It does feel like Disney can get much more renting out the studios, which had been the original plan when the industry was a lot less conglomerated but over time it just became an ABC-exclusive space.

 

It also didn't help at all that Times Square was pedestrianized so you're not getting an audience stuck in one NYPD-corralled place, but they're wandering and exploring the space and without traffic, you no longer get a sense that it's in the middle of a city, but like WCCO/Nicolet Mall, it's crowded at certain times, empty at others.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Legitimate news outlets are beginning to question why Michael Strahan has been absent for two weeks from GMA and Fox NFL Sunday regardless of his jobs citing personal reasons. 

https://people.com/michael-strahan-misses-good-morning-america-due-to-personal-family-matters-8391576

 

Edited by MediaZone4K
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm of the mind that as long as things are okay for him it's none of our business, and we should just let hosts take breaks when they need them.

 

The age of social media where everyone is required to check in daily because otherwise Deadline and The Sun will harass their management as to why is so damaging to privacy.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the kind of thing most people wouldn’t have even cared about if there weren’t predatory outlets that drew attention to it. I don’t understand the tabloid fixation with this kind of stuff; if Strahan is dealing w/ something in private, leave him alone and give him a break.

  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abraham J. Simpson said:

Honestly, posting rumormongering stories like "why is so-and-so not at work" calls into question the status of being a "legitimate" news outlet. Even as a public figure, some things are no one's business unless and until someone feels they want to share. 

I think this is an industry problem today. One or two asks a question or is upset about something and media coverage ballons the matter into a larger issue than it really is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

I think this is an industry problem today. One or two asks a question or is upset about something and media coverage ballons the matter into a larger issue than it really is. 

Oh my gosh yes. The mining of social media for the most insignificant issue and portraying it as a “big deal” is really a problem. 
 

I’m not even knocking the use of some social media content in the news. God knows there are moments the world is heavy enough that a cute or “bubblegum” story helps lighten the load. Even then, moderation is key. 
 

But why someone is away from their job, or if they look different, or whatever along those lines…that’s not a story. Even public figures have private lives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/8/2023 at 5:47 PM, nycnewsjunkie said:

This is the kind of thing most people wouldn’t have even cared about if there weren’t predatory outlets that drew attention to it. I don’t understand the tabloid fixation with this kind of stuff; if Strahan is dealing w/ something in private, leave him alone and give him a break.

 

Simple: it gets clicks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree somewhat. These are public people. They have regular schedules and when they're missing, the public notices. As far as I can tell, the stories aren't reporting on any rumors or making things up, just sharing publicly seen details with some requests for comment. 

 

If Strahan wants to keep what's happening private, hopefully he can do that. So far, these stories are not invading his privacy.

 

And I hope things turn out OK.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the same show that just did a full blown out celebration of an anchor’s bachelorette party and wedding.
 

Michael is entitled to his privacy but you can’t stop people from asking questions. Sadly there are different expectations of “privacy” for someone in a public profession.

Edited by MorningNews
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People asking questions does not require any news outlet do the same. People noticing someone is gone does not

mean it’s newsworthy, particularly the often salacious way it’s portrayed. It needn’t actually spread a specific rumor to be clearly invasive.

 

Yes, they covered the bachelorette party, because she chose to share that. She also chose to share details of her medical diagnosis some time back. 
 

We would, as a society, be better served by observing the mind-your-own-business approach.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MorningNews said:

This is the same show that just did a full blown out celebration of an anchor’s bachelorette party and wedding.
 

Michael is entitled to his privacy but you can’t stop people from asking questions. Sadly there are different expectations of “privacy” for someone in a public profession.

 

20 hours ago, Abraham J. Simpson said:

People asking questions does not require any news outlet do the same. People noticing someone is gone does not

mean it’s newsworthy, particularly the often salacious way it’s portrayed. It needn’t actually spread a specific rumor to be clearly invasive.

 

Yes, they covered the bachelorette party, because she chose to share that. She also chose to share details of her medical diagnosis some time back. 
 

We would, as a society, be better served by observing the mind-your-own-business approach.

 

Both are very fair points. It's hard to be a public figure who'se job gets into peoples personal lives, and then demand absolute privacy with your own.

 

But even still, there is also a line between what you choose to share and what you choose to keep private, Robin's Bachelorette party was also my go to example. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 1:43 PM, mountainave said:

Amy Robach and TJ Holmes have inked a podcast and content deal with iHeartMedia.  It's unclear if Robach is still in discussions to join NewsNation.

 

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/amy-robach-t-j-holmes-iheartmedia-podcast-1235775921/

And apparently their exes have bonded over this and are dating each other. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2023 at 1:43 PM, mountainave said:

Amy Robach and TJ Holmes have inked a podcast and content deal with iHeartMedia.  It's unclear if Robach is still in discussions to join NewsNation.

 

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/amy-robach-t-j-holmes-iheartmedia-podcast-1235775921/

TJ & Amy have to stew in their mess for little bit, but does their offense rise to the occasion of never working in the industry again? No. 

 

Let some time pass. When their distracting presence fades, then they may be able to get a job again.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never understood the degree of hullabaloo over two consenting adults doing whatever it is they do. The issue with their spouses is among all of them, not anyone else’s business. But whatever, what’s done is done and the world goes on, ideally not hearing one more word about their love lives, wherever they ultimately go. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2023 at 12:43 PM, Abraham J. Simpson said:

I never understood the degree of hullabaloo over two consenting adults doing whatever it is they do. The issue with their spouses is among all of them, not anyone else’s business. But whatever, what’s done is done and the world goes on, ideally not hearing one more word about their love lives, wherever they ultimately go. 

Per Vulture, Holmes was sleeping with a female staffer --on work premesis-- which was ABC's grounds for firing. I don't recall what justified Amy's axing.

 

Aside from all this, scandals like these make you weary of going into the news industry as an on air talent. Especially at the national level, you become a public figire which heavily shrinks your private life. Arguably this is self inflicted but TJ's wife supposedly hired a PI who leaked the pics and made this a spectacle. 

 

Rickey Smiley was onto something when he said being "medium famous" is the sweet spot. Known enough to get into places, but not famous enough to be hounded by paparazzi and have your entire life in the tabloids. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t disagree with any of this but again these shows have built their strengths on the viewers connections to the personalities. It’s an unreasonable expectation to document childbirths, marriages and illnesses but demand privacy for divorce, absences, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t disagree with any of this but again these shows have built their strengths on the viewers connections to the personalities. It’s an unreasonable expectation to document childbirths, marriages and illnesses but demand privacy for divorce, absences, etc.

My personal philosophy... be as scarce as possible with the viewers about your personal life, on air and online. Have separate social media accounts for work and your personal. Make the personal social account accessible to friends only. People crave personal narrative to create drama. Don't make it easy for them. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s so interesting to me. Be they colleagues, friends or family, no matter what they’ve shared with me, or me with them, I will always respect without objection when they want to keep something private. I certainly would not presume that just because someone I watch on TV has talked about “X” that they have ceded any right to maintain privacy over “Y.” The “borders” can be wherever they need to be for each person and are free to move and change at any time. 
 

Then again, I also don’t care who you get it on with. If there’s an HR type violation, ok, whatever the consequences are, they are. I’m also not presuming anyone needs to share those details, assuming no criminality and a resulting public record. I might be moderately curious, but no one owes me anything. Life will move on just fine. 
 

Maybe I’m just an outlier. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.