Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Action Newsroom

Good Morning America

On 3/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, 24994J said:

Meh, that was 6 years ago. It's a very good theme that replaced a great theme.

Oh, right. Well, I do love ABC's current "Breaking News" theme the same way I love the one from 1991.

GMA has become so silly and tabloid, I like Robin George and Michael but the show could really use a bit more hard news and "intellectual" segments like it was under Lunden and Gibson

• Like 1

"GMA" trying to be more serious in their opening shot with the tunnel of doorways behind the anchor desk is just silly.  I practically laugh when they put on their 'serious faces.'  They're trying too hard!!!  It's beginning to look ridiculous!  Are the interns in charge these days or what is going on in that studio???  Dan Harris was filling in today, May 1, and Dan can look perfectly serious on the weekend, but today it was nuts.  Maybe it's the camera panning from right to left and the anchors following it with their eyes.  Something is just weird there.  Anyone else notice it being so odd?

• Like 1

GMA is FINALLY doing something they haven’t done in nearly a decade, and something that the morning shows used to do quite a bit - taking the show on the road.

This summer they’ll broadcast “pop-up” shows from cities selected by viewers. They kicked off today with a pretty good show in Philadelphia. This is the first time I can recall GMA doing this with an entire set constructed to travel like Today has done before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

GMA is FINALLY doing something they haven’t done in nearly a decade - taking the show on the road.

They kicked off today with a pretty good show in Philadelphia. This is the first time I can recall GMA doing this with an entire set constructed to travel like Today has done before.

It was a pretty good show in Philly. I was there and had a great time (cold-as-shit rain and winds aside). Even got to meet, greet and snap pics with Robin and George. The set looked awesome too. This Pop Up Stop summer tour is gonna be a great long-awaited event stunt for GMA.

42 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

It was a pretty good show in Philly. I was there and had a great time (cold-as-shit rain and winds aside). Even got to meet, greet and snap pics with Robin and George. The set looked awesome too. This Pop Up Stop summer tour is gonna be a great long-awaited event stunt for GMA.

I was watching with my dad this morning. Did you get to see Patti LaBelle?

An awesome throwback, and impressive set-up. I look forward to seeing where else they land during the summer.

15 minutes ago, 24994J said:

An awesome throwback, and impressive set-up. I look forward to seeing where else they land during the summer.

Hopefully they make a stop in Chicago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I was watching with my dad this morning. Did you get to see Patti LaBelle?

I did. She was incredible!

Good Morning America broadcasted their second Summer Pop Up broadcast in Houston, TX on Wednesday. Robin and George were not there but Michael, Ginger and Lara anchored the pop up broadcast.