Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

The new name which shows you complete stupidity about GMA plus the audience format that they still have and I don't know why. And yet, more people continue to tune into GMA.

I like CBS This Morning better even though I don't watch network morning news.

Nothing about what you just said makes sense.

You don’t like one show (GMA) because of it’s spinoff’s name (GMA Day).

And then you like CBS TM better than GMA even though you don’t watch either. How is it that you come up with which you like better if you don’t watch?

God forbid you say something like you don’t like GMA much anymore because you watch it and the content has gotten softer. That would make too much sense.

Nothing about what you just said makes sense.

You don’t like one show (GMA) because of it’s spinoff’s name (GMA Day).

And then you like CBS TM better than GMA even though you don’t watch either. How is it that you come up with which you like better if you don’t watch?

God forbid you say something like you don’t like GMA much anymore because you watch it and the content has gotten softer. That would make too much sense.

Well I don't wanna keep going because we're just going off-topic but... I'm just a guy who prefers a straight hard news format, something that CBS-TM does.

And also, GMA has just gotten too soft and so much fluff for me.

(Gotten off-topic here but I'm done.)

• Like 1

Well I don't wanna keep going because we're just going off-topic but... I'm just a guy who prefers a straight hard news format, something that CBS-TM does.

And also, GMA has just gotten too soft and so much fluff for me.

(Gotten off-topic here but I'm done.)

We are talking about GMA so it’s not off topic. I see though you’ve changed your reasoning of your dislike for GMA.

People said that same thing when Kathie-Lee split from Regis, then it was sure the show was doomed when Regis split from Kelly. The mass hysteria that would ensue from the program being bumped back by an hour would die out rather quickly. Good Morning America is an ABC program owned and produced by ABC so it should have precedence over syndicated programming.

Additionally I know I'll be in the minority but I do actually like the name a lot!

For a syndicated show that have survived more than 1 split of a co-host, that show's how popular Live! is

• Like 2

The ensemble this morning was Dan, Diane Macedo, and Whit Johnson coanchoring, with Adrienne doing Pop News and Ron doing news. No Rob.

My question is, will the show seem bloated if all 6 on-air talent graced the screen for a one-hour version of the show? I understand they want to mimic the three anchor dynamic that they have on their weekday show, but it just seems too tacky on the weekend.

My question is, will the show seem bloated if all 6 on-air talent graced the screen for a one-hour version of the show? I understand they want to mimic the three anchor dynamic that they have on their weekday show, but it just seems too tacky on the weekend.

My guess is that they'll either phase out the news reader role in favor of three coanchors, or they'll drop back down to two co-anchors after Paula's replacement is chosen. Either way, I think we'll see five, not six.

• Like 2

I don't believe they did it on Monday, but GMA resized their lower thirds for 16:9. They're lower on the screen, as well, and they're not as tall as before, either. They don't seem as clunky, as they're better-proportioned and the text isn't so condensed, but they apparently didn't let the stations know about revised ticker placement. With this look going on 3 years old, I thought they might be closer to a new package, but they did heavily modify the 2012 graphics just a few months before the overhaul for the 40th anniversary, so this could just be temporary.

1584249464_bandicam2018-07-3121-00-09-864.thumb.png.9903c8b24cf41d746635487deec1fbc0.png

690100834_bandicam2018-07-3121-00-22-057.thumb.png.6bcc382d6b95d9e6b2de893a05f68ae6.png

1072335646_bandicam2018-08-0114-13-18-514.thumb.png.f10e8439b1839e6a3a9cf0b3b0d54a0b.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of name is GMA Day? Good Afternoon America was way better. Ugh.

Imagine all the jokes people could make with the former title.

That's what I'm thinking... Didn't they experiment before The Chew with an afternoon version of GMA and it didn't do so well? What makes this one any different than the former one?

And Good Afternoon America makes more sense as a name than GMA Day.

That's what I'm thinking... Didn't they experiment before The Chew with an afternoon version of GMA and it didn't do so well? What makes this one any different than the former one?

And Good Afternoon America makes more sense as a name than GMA Day.

Agreed that Good Afternoon America is the superior name. I don't know what the ratings were, but that run in 2012, after OLTL replacement The Revolution was canned after 6 months and before Katie premiered in the fall, was intended as a summer replacement. I don't know that there was immediate need for it to succeed.

Agreed that Good Afternoon America is the superior name. I don't know what the ratings were, but that run in 2012, after OLTL replacement The Revolution was canned after 6 months and before Katie premiered in the fall, was intended as a summer replacement. I don't know that there was immediate need for it to succeed.

Can't believe it's been that long ago. Well it must have done well enough for them to resurrect it from the dead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know I sound like a broken record and that everyone doesn’t agree but FFS when is GMA going to give up on trying to build Michael Strahan into this serious news personality?

They had him conduct the interview with the young girl who pushed her friend off the bridge leading to her injuries. Watching a few seconds of the interview shows exactly why he shouldn’t be doing these kinds of pieces.

I’m so torn because I’m the world’s biggest NYG fan so naturally I love him, but at the same time I have a sentimental spot for Good Morning America and he’s ruining the entire program.

• Like 2

I don't believe they did it on Monday, but GMA resized their lower thirds for 16:9. They're lower on the screen, as well, and they're not as tall as before, either. They don't seem as clunky, as they're better-proportioned and the text isn't so condensed, but they apparently didn't let the stations know about revised ticker placement. With this look going on 3 years old, I thought they might be closer to a new package, but they did heavily modify the 2012 graphics just a few months before the overhaul for the 40th anniversary, so this could just be temporary.

[ATTACH=full]6263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6262[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6266[/ATTACH]

That’s surprising to hear that they didn’t tell stations the ticker would change (or they didn’t know). The stations would have been told in advance to either change the software that inserts the time/temp or to load files. Since ABC doesn’t have a standard ticker cover/template I assume it leaves stations their own devices and hardware (I don’t know if the trigger for the time and temp is easily patched to the CG).

Where as Today and CBS TM use the samehardware but different name (NameDropper HD and LIDIA, respectively) where there’s a much more uniform look.

Also the ticker placement seems way too low and out of the 16:9 safe zone. I imagine it’s near the bottom frame of HDTVs screens if a person doesn’t have overscan turned off.

I know I sound like a broken record and that everyone doesn’t agree but FFS when is GMA going to give up on trying to build Michael Strahan into this serious news personality?

They had him conduct the interview with the young girl who pushed her friend off the bridge leading to her injuries. Watching a few seconds of the interview shows exactly why he shouldn’t be doing these kinds of pieces.

I’m so torn because I’m the world’s biggest NYG fan so naturally I love him, but at the same time I have a sentimental spot for Good Morning America and he’s ruining the entire program. Also don’t TVNEWSTALK while drunk.

Agreed, 100%. I loved Michael on “Live” and thought he was great when he was part time on Good Morning America. I saw the interview, too. Pretty awful. I’ve also seen other broadcasts where they have him interviewing the former NYPD commissioner about counter terrorism and it’s a struggle to watch.

If they want Strahan to be part of the cast, Good Morning America should’ve went back to a winning ensemble model similar to what they had in 2012/2013 with Robin, George, Josh, Sam, and Lara. The current version could be Robin, George, Amy Robach, Ginger Zee, and Michael Strahan.

• Like 2

Exactly. Never thought I’d be referring to the Robin, George, Josh, Lara and Sam era as the “good old days” but the show was 1000x better then than it is now. Stop insulting everyone’s intelligence by trying to pass off Michael as a journalist.

Blow the whole program up and start over at this point

• Like 1

I found the premise of the whole interview to be bizarre. I'm not really sure how to explain, but I don't know why they even had her on the show for an interview in the first place.

• Like 4

I found the premise of the whole interview to be bizarre. I'm not really sure how to explain, but I don't know why they even had her on the show for an interview in the first place.

That young woman should have thought clearly before going on TV. She admitted to doing it and if an charges are brought or a lawsuit she can’t plea innocence.

• Like 4

Had the same thought when watching. It maybe warranted a few sound bites from her in a follow up packaged report about the incident, but not an in studio interview.

That young woman should have thought clearly before going on TV. She admitted to doing it and if an charges are brought or a lawsuit she can’t plea innocence.

Poor legal advice or not following legal advice?

• Like 1

Definitely and it didn’t seem like she did really anything to help her case. There was a lot of victim blaming from the young girl which was rather bizarre.

• Like 3

Definitely and it didn’t seem like she did really anything to help her case. There was a lot of victim blaming from the young girl which was rather bizarre.

She has already admitted to pushing the girl,,, She is on video...and she is a juvenile .

Slap on the wrist.

FWIW the networks do not provide lawyers...you have to arrange for your own lawyer if you want one next to you while Michael Strahan interviews you. The very last thing a booking producer wants to hear from you is "I need to talk to a lawyer first"...(full stop)!

It is unethical for a lawyer to 'cold call" or "ambulance chase" after a potential client.

YOU have to make contact with the lawyer first....they don't just show up unannounced or else they get in big doo-doo with the state bar and can be fined, dis-barred or suspended.

Happy National Bacon Day

• Like 2

She has already admitted to pushing the girl,,, She is on video...and she is a juvenile .

Slap on the wrist.

FWIW the networks do not provide lawyers...you have to arrange for your own lawyer if you want one next to you while Michael Strahan interviews you. The very last thing a booking producer wants to hear from you is "I need to talk to a lawyer first"...(full stop)!

It is unethical for a lawyer to 'cold call" or "ambulance chase" after a potential client.

YOU have to make contact with the lawyer first....they don't just show up unannounced or else they get in big doo-doo with the state bar and can be fined, dis-barred or suspended.

Happy National Bacon Day

I just love that you ended your post with "Happy National Bacon Day"

That gave me the lolz - thanks :-)

• Like 3