Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

The longest-serving Morning Show Anchor Teams in History are:

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski 10 years and 9 Months (The Longest Overall and Longest on Cable)

Charlie Gibson and Joan Lunden 10 Years and 6 Months (The Longest for a Broadcast Morning Show)

Matt Lauer and Katie Couric 9 years and 4 Months (TODAY Show Longest Anchor Team)

Steve Doocy and E. D. Hill 8 Years 3 Months (Fox New Longest Morning Anchor Team)

George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts 8 Years and 1 Months (GMA Current and Second Longest Anchor Team. The Current Longest Broadcast Morning Show Anchor team)

Bryant Gumble and Jane Pauley 8 Years (TODAY Show Second Longest Anchor Team)

Charlie Gibson and Diane Sawyer 7 Years and 5 Months (GMA Third Longest Anchor Team)

Steve Doocy Gretchen Carlson 7 Years FOX Second Longest Anchor Team)

Harry Smith and Paula Zahn 6 Years and 3 Months (CBS Longest Morning Anchor Team to date)

Gio Benitez is celebrating his five-year anniversary with ABC News. In my mind, his hire marked the beginning of the new guard at ABC -- the hiring of young, attractive correspondents who would eventually take the place of many of ABC's long-tenured correspondents who were in their 40s-50s.

• Like 2

Is there ever a time when Good Morning America isn’t discussing The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars? It’s sad how bad this show has gotten. Today is no better. Here’s to CTM taking over the mornings race and hopefully forcing the other two to change course.

The late 2000s-2010s: When GMA went from class to ass.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Morning America should be ashamed of themselves. They get a huge get with the first exclusive interview of the Florida shooters legal guardians and they let Michael Strahan conduct it.

I’m never going to take him seriously, they should really stop trying to push him off as a serious journalist.

• Like 5

Why in God's name are you watching, then? Like really, some of you all love complaining about GMA, and yet still consciously press the buttons on your remote to tune it in.

It's hard to take seriously the guy who has such a wretched program's logo as his avatar.

• Like 3

Why in God's name are you watching, then? Like really, some of you all love complaining about GMA, and yet still consciously press the buttons on your remote to tune it in.

It's hard to take seriously the guy who has such a wretched program's logo as his avatar.

Honestly, I think it's best not to ask why people continue to watch things they no longer like. Habits are hard to break, especially when it comes to TV programming. I'm sure you've had a TV show (news, drama, sitcom, etc) that you watched that you really liked that progressively got worse, but you kept watching in hopes that things would improve. I say let people watch and vent. It's cathartic.

• Like 2

I continue to watch because I love the franchise and have been avid since Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson replaced Kevin Newman and Lisa McRee. The show still has very strong personalities that are some of the best to do it, my complaints have always centered around Michael Strahan and Lara Spencer. More specifically with the show’s constant attempts to portray them as the anchors we should take seriously. In my opinion, it’s an insult to Robin, George and Amy’s creditbility. The show is wretched now after the 7 a.m. hour and I have every right to voice my complaints about that as someone who has watched for over 20 years.

• Like 4

Good Morning America should be ashamed of themselves. They get a huge get with the first exclusive interview of the Florida shooters legal guardians and they let Michael Strahan conduct it.

I’m never going to take him seriously, they should really stop trying to push him off as a serious journalist.

I saw the promos they touted of the exclusive interview and tuned in to watch only to be floored that they had the make-believe journalist Michael Strahan conduct the interview. What a wasted opportunity.

• Like 3

I saw the promos they touted of the exclusive interview and tuned in to watch only to be floored that they had the make-believe journalist Michael Strahan conduct the interview. What a wasted opportunity.

You never know, the legal guardians may have requested to speak with Strahan rather than someone with a higher journalistic caliber who would have challenged them. With the legal guardians' pro-guns stance unchanged since the incident, I'm would not surprised if they wanted someone to go easy on them.

It's also hard to take seriously someone who is OBSESSED with WLS's personalities, even the old retired ones.

GMA was always my morning show to watch, but it has turn into clown show and the same can be said with Today Show as well too. It all about $$$ folks. However, I like Robin and George, and Michael he's great at football. However, he should always do features, lighthearted stories. Also, Amy and Ginger are good people in my book. However, that Laura Spencer she an overkill with her syrupy, aww shucks annoyance. She just too much, with her syrupy-ness, and when did they bring in tables for the audience to sit in the studio? It like a nightclub at 8am and all there missing is a chandelier so Rob, or whoever can come flying in from outside Time Square.

I hate to say this, because CBS News has always skewed to an older audience, but CBS This Morning, does "Real News" well, and the three that are there do really well, and there no stunts at CBS vs. NBC & ABC. I just can't see myself watching CBS too much all the time. I had to take a break with Mika & Joe over at MSNBC, because Joe has to have the final say. I've been watching Chris & Alisyn New Day over at CNN. Not too bad, and Chris finally got to get the lime light he wanted, too bad it wasn't at ABC.

• Like 1

They've had the 8am audience for a couple of years now. As for the old flag (most memorable to me as being there at the beginning of the 9/11 breaking news), that set was redone for HD in 2005. With that, a new wooden flag was mounted behind the secondary anchor desk, but that backdrop was completely redone when Diane and Robin shifted away from the window in 2007.

395dcbbc429b89ec695281aa94b3b41e.jpg

I mentioned it way earlier in this thread, with this exact picture, but *THIS* was peak GMA.

*(November 2005-June 2006) Gibson, Sawyer, Roberts, HD, graphics, that set. The best combo of all factors on the show in my lifetime.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing that I believe is a first. I can't recall any time during his tenure where someone has formally filled in for Michael, instead of opting for just George and Robin as a duo.

500863018_bandicam2018-03-0810-56-34-004.thumb.png.317f541e55b4424433cfdc27095f2d38.png

• Like 6

Another thing that I believe is a first. I can't recall any time during his tenure where someone has formally filled in for Michael, instead of opting for just George and Robin as a duo.

[ATTACH=full]5573[/ATTACH]

That should be the trio that opens the show every morning.

• Like 1