Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

So Chris Cuomo is not going to be there tomorrow. To bad I wonder why? Almost every person who been on GMA in last 40 Years is going to be there.

1. He's in France.

2. He wasn't going to be there, anyway, since CNN doesn't give a shit. NBC is obviously not as much of a dick on such occasions.

• Like 2

If there's been one failure of all of this, it's the quality of the video from their remotes. Some of the video is clearly Skype or similar consumer-level video conferencing. It's compressed all to heck and back, but it's generally watchable. The real failure however has been the streaming backpacks. The connection from those guys have been so unbelievably unreliable. I just watched Dr. Besser struggle through a planned segment where they took a tour of a maternity ward of a hospital where the video was worthless, and eventually they threw in the towel and gave up.

I'm not saying that the backpacks don't have a place. They seem to work best for fairly stationary outdoor segments, not "walk and talks" indoors.

I was watching the livecast during WNN after 3:10, where, outside Times Square Studios, a crew member reveals that updates will be done to the ribbon marquee in front of the studios starting at the end of this year/start of next year.

The Bill Murray-looking guy in the beard says that it will more curvy.

I can't, for the life of me, imagine how that will look.

The two overnight hosts just gave a tour of the TSS, and featured some of very interesting nuts and bolts facts from 29-year show veteran 'Stage Manager Eddie', including the recent renovations, the best ad-libber, and the origins of "Hail Charlie". Someone remind me to explain those things later. It was some insightful stuff for those of us interested in the behind the scenes stuff.

Now to get 3 hours of sleep before the show.

"It's late at night, you're wide awake, and you're not wearing pants."

Screenshot_2015-11-19-02-18-40_zpsttfbbzkl.png

This was lovely to see on WNN this morning, but it also magnified what I've been feeling for a LONG time... that ABC is not devoting much to this broadcast these days. Reena Ninan is pleasant, but not a powerful enough presence to really resonate. And they don't seem to be committing one male anchor to the job permanently. Once upon a time, this was the edgy, outlaw take of the day's news. Now it's just sorta there. I particularly miss the period with Ryan Owens, who was under appreciated during this tenure.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Rob Nelson/Diana Perez combo was pretty much the last "fun" team, in my opinion. Dare I say, the male anchors tend to be a little looser, in recent years, and Reena, though pleasant, only proves my point. Kendis Gibson is pretty good, but he's just not as laid back as T.J.

• Like 2

Watching GMA clips from late 2009 and 2010 interests to see how George has loosen up a little since then. I remember The first couple years he would not even take part in Halloween shows and would be off that day.

It wasn't until Josh and Lara came on.

And then he was George Clooney for three straight years. That jackhole didn't make a movie this year, so they had to plan accordingly. :D

CSk2A25WIAA8Pus.jpg&width=320&mode=scale

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Amy filled in for Robin today but also did the news rundown. Odd they didn't have a fill-in news anchor, both Today and GMA have been messing with the news anchor roll recently.

Maybe it was short notice? I know Robin was on her way to Philly to interview Kobe Bryant about his decision to retire from the NBA, which was a recent announcement in the past 48 hours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Her social media bios confirm that she's permanent, but I'd imagine she'll be a 3rd wheel, serving as a back-up and field reporter. It kind of makes sense considering Ginger's baby boy is due in like a week, and the network has shown weather coverage as a more prominent feature on their newscasts.

• Like 1

ABC's been running promos teasing a one-week-only return of a mystery personality starting January 4th. I'm getting the feeling it may be Sam filling in for Ginger.

I want to say Spencer Christan since he is the only one still in the abc family