Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

I don't know what GMA's problem is but whatever it is, they need to fix is fast or there are going to be bigger problems.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/today-show-wins-full-month-in-the-a25-54-demo/273470

Ha. I don't think GMA is going to do anything crazy to gain back the A25-54 crown. Besides, it's still the leader in Viewers. And it's only been a month--GMA probably could take it back soon. Or Today could finally win some ratings marker in a while.

Give it time. We'll see from here.

Ha. I don't think GMA is going to do anything crazy to gain back the A25-54 crown. Besides, it's still the leader in Viewers. And it's only been a month--GMA probably could take it back soon. Or Today could finally win some ratings marker in a while.

Give it time. We'll see from here.

I just think GMA and ABC would be dumb if they pretended like nothing is happening. Today has been gaining A LOT of momentum and if they aren't careful, they are going to be in trouble.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Josh Elliot and Sam Champion will return to Good Morning America on November 19 as part of the show's 40th anniversary celebration. A promo for the celebration that began airing today features every former host, including Elliot and Champion. A press release from ABC News says David Hartman, Joan Lunden, Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer will also be back.

Josh Elliot and Sam Champion will return to Good Morning America on November 19 as part of the show's 40th anniversary celebration. A promo for the celebration that began airing today features every former host, including Elliot and Champion. A press release from ABC News says David Hartman, Joan Lunden, Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer will also be back.

Seeing the full list, I kind of wished Chris Cuomo (especially) and Tony Perkins would also return. Chris is on a competing morning show, so perhaps that's why he won't be there, but Tony is now on the evening newscasts.

Surely David Muir is the obvious choice to take over if George leaves? GMA is far more important to ABC than WNT. David has been doing a great job whenever he's filled in for George.

I figure George's sucessor would be GMA Weekend's Dan Harris, he does a good job on the weekend edition.

But no Lisa McRee and Kevin Newman? Dis. A. Pointing. :D

Frankly, I totally forgot that the anniversary was coming up. I do wonder, though, why they're celebrating to late compared to the 30th anniversary. That was on like November 3rd in '05.

But no Lisa McRee and Kevin Newman? Dis. A. Pointing. :D

Frankly, I totally forgot that the anniversary was coming up. I do wonder, though, why they're celebrating to late compared to the 30th anniversary. That was on like November 3rd in '05.

Sorry to disappoint you but they will be there as well: http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-celebrate-40th-anniversary-40-hour-live-marathon/story?id=34809833

• Like 2

I don't think the doomed anchor team was at the 30th. I can't recall.

Update: I found an article on that celebration, ironically enough, on Today.com.

"As [Hartman] and Lunden stood with current hosts Charles Gibson and Diane Sawyer, it was almost as if the dark days of the late 1990s, the Kevin Newman and Lisa McRee era, didn’t exist (they were invited but didn’t attend)."

I'm so excited for this event!!

40 hour livestream, many past anchors and personalities returning, a HUGE celebration to be held.

I so can't wait to check it out. Maybe even see Kevin Newman and Lisa McRee on national TV again.

All of the anchors are coming back so yes you will see Lisa McRee and Kevin Newman. Its funny because I forgot about a few personalites like Mike Barz and JuJu Chang. Those years JuJu was on went by so fast.

• Like 1

All of the anchors are coming back so yes you will see Lisa McRee and Kevin Newman. Its funny because I forgot about a few personalites like Mike Barz and JuJu Chang. Those years JuJu was on went by so fast.

Wow, I forgot about Juju Chang too.

She was there for about two years, so it was so easy for her tenure to slip our minds.

It'll be great to see her there too.

I have to say that I am a bit surprise that Kevin Newman and Lisa McRee are going to be there. After all it was during their short tenure that GMA fell to 3rd Place

It's not like GMA is going to fall to third place if they visit. It's the 40th anniversary and they want past anchors there.

• Like 1

It's not like GMA is going to fall to third place if they visit. It's the 40th anniversary and they want past anchors there.

You right, it just very interesting.

I remember being get a little surprise when Deborah Norville showed up for TODAY 60th. It brought back some bad memories for the show

I had kind of forgotten that Juju was News-anchor at one time. She was not there very long, her tenure really seem to fly by. Juju was there for 15 Months. Josh tenure was on 2 Years 10 Months but seem like it was longer then that for some reason.

In looking at past GMA News-anchors none of them seem to be there for more then 4 years except for Steve Bell who was News-anchor for 11 years.

Although I think Amy will still be News-anchor by 2019 making her the Second Longest Serving.

• Like 1

When did Robin join the show in 2002? She still read the news for nearly 14 months from when she was promoted to co-anchor early in May of '05 until Charlie left in the middle of the following June. If she didn't hit 4 years, she came damn close.