Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Is that confirmed? The only reason I ask is because the first day I saw the new graphics were yesterday following the South Carolina shootings and they had a shorten brief introduction that was just about the incident and not the normal full teaser. I haven't seen since yesterday so I wasn't sure if they were just using that shortened intro for that day only

It's not bad but they should go back to the open they used for most of last year which was just "Live from Times Square, the date, this is Good Morning America" that way they avoid having to include Lara's name in the intro.

Also it seems as of late that Amy is main fill-in for Robin once again instead of Lara, anyone else notice this?

It's not bad but they should go back to the open they used for most of last year which was just "Live from Times Square, the date, this is Good Morning America" that way they avoid having to include Lara's name in the intro.

Also it seems as of late that Amy is main fill-in for Robin once again instead of Lara, anyone else notice this?

I read somewhere that ratings aren't good when Lara would fill in for Robin.

Yeah looking at the trends the Today Show catches up to GMA the weeks that Lara is filling in. She reportedly got it worked into her contract that she would fill in for Robin

M-W while Amy took over Thursday and Friday. It doesn't even make sense that they would put her at the anchor seat instead of Amy when Amy is 1000x better at anchoring than Lara. All this just to say, Lara is good at what she does which is fluff entertainment spots. I can't take her seriously when she's interviewing presidential candidates about important topics or anything else serious.

I like Lara but not as a main anchor for the 7am hour. Honestly, her agent played the cards right when renegotiating. Sam Champion had left just a few months prior, Josh Elliot was on the verge of bolting for NBC. So they caved to naming Lara an anchor to avoid the appearance of everyone jumping ship. Not that Her leaving would've meant many viewers leaving but the bad press would not have helped the show's momentum.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask or if it has been discussed before, but why Ron Clairborne never fill in during the week? This past week Paula and Dan alternated as newsreader while Amy was in for Robin. I have never seen Ron on the weekday show.

Someone has shared their theory as to why somewhere on here before but I can't find it anywhere. You are correct though, in the 11 years since Ron has been apart of Weekend GMA I can't recall one time that I've seen him on the weekday edition

Looking at them now, I agree in that I like and prefer the older one too.

The former had some nice edge, use of color and was a nice soft and smooth look.

This is less. The boxy look is a little cheap, the one line doesn't work and the font somehow looks terrible under it.

And the new time/temp bug (where everything is crammed in) looks awful.

I now think in hindsight that this L3 change was a mistake.

I hate both the old and new looks equally as much, but if I had to choose one then it would be the old L3's. The roundness of them looks better and it's easier to discern the different lines of text (in my opinion). The new ones seem slightly reminiscent of Today.

The weekend open still uses the date and says "live from abc news in New York.."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In true 'Hell freezes over' fashion, ABC is said to be in talks with NBC and Josh Elliott to buy out the remaining two years of his contract at the peacock and return him to GMA in his former newsreader role, perhaps as early as September. Everyone involved is denying it right now, but it wouldn't be on Variety if there wasn't a germ of truth to it.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/josh-elliott-in-talks-to-return-to-good-morning-america-exclusive-1201552833/

In true 'Hell freezes over' fashion, ABC is said to be in talks with NBC and Josh Elliott to buy out the remaining two years of his contract at the peacock and return him to GMA in his former newsreader role, perhaps as early as September. Everyone involved is denying it right now, but it wouldn't be on Variety if there wasn't a germ of truth to it.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/josh-elliott-in-talks-to-return-to-good-morning-america-exclusive-1201552833/

Crazy thoughts...

Paula Faris joins 'The View', and leaves the weekend show, despite previous reports.

Amy moves to the weekend show (yes, demoted).

Josh returns to the main show.

Strahan/Palmer/both exit the show.

I will say, despite his now-legendary ego, Josh was a really good fit on the show. He had a fantastic on-air with each member of the team. Of course, his bromance with Sam was strongest, but he had a great sibling-like goofy side with Lara, a similar ascent into news that endeared him to Robin, and Josh was literally the anti-George for good balance, but with enough journalistic chops to hold his own. A return might just be what the doctor ordered.

Crazy thoughts...

Paula Faris joins 'The View', and leaves the weekend show, despite previous reports.

Amy moves to the weekend show (yes, demoted).

Josh returns to the main show.

Strahan/Palmer/both exit the show.

I will say, despite his now-legendary ego, Josh was a really good fit on the show. He had a fantastic on-air with each member of the team. Of course, his bromance with Sam was strongest, but he had a great sibling-like goofy side with Lara, a similar ascent into news that endeared him to Robin, and Josh was literally the anti-George for good balance, but with enough journalistic chops to hold his own. A return might just be what the doctor ordered.

That is crazy. Amy is too popular to be demoted to weekends and basically she's in line to take over for Robin she leaves. and Josh is never coming back to GMA. It was some bad blood when he left so that's that. If your plans happen, they would be in jeopardy to becoming number 2 again and they wouldn't want that to happen.