Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Well my apologies to you newsproducer if you found offense in what I said but my point still stands as TVNewslover pointed out that GMA and Today are essentially the exact same programs. Neither is more news heavy or entertainment heavy than the other.

• 2 months later...

I saw this during the 8am hour, but GMA had new graphics for the teaser and a new opening. Everything else like the lower thirds appeared to be the same though. I guess they were supposed to be modified versions of the current graphics. Sorry I don't have any pics or video to show what I'm talking about, it caught me off guard seeing it this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN's 'Mike & Mike' morning show will be moving from Bristol to Times Square in the near future, creating a partnership with 'Good Morning America'. Hosts and personalities from the two programs will crossover and make appearances given the right opportunity, but guest bookings are playing a key role in the move, as well.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/espns-mike-mike-moving-to-new-york-closer-to-gma/262497

Having "Mike & Mike" on the second floor should make things interesting at Times Square Studios, I do miss seeing the views from that floor and I preferred seeing GMA having more space when they rented out that space back in the 2000s (using their second floor for hard-news and interviews and the first floor for more recreational activities and lifestyle segments). These days with it's limited space, GMA looks like a topsy-turvy party, but the show works I guess.

Looks like we'll be seeing more ESPN on ABC, having "Mike & Mike" appear occasionally/normally on GMA should help bring much needed testosterone on the show.

Speaking of ESPN, is Tony Reali still a social media correspondent for GMA? I no longer watch GMA on a regular basis, but whenever I scan the program during the second hour, I no longer see him. I tried looking for clues on social media, but other than his header photo on Twitter, there's no clear indication he is on GMA. Did he disappear or are his appearances scaled back now? I do feel like Jesse Palmer has taken his place as an on-air talent as he has now appears with the anchors on a frequent basis, but it doesn't feel like they made his position official.

I haven't seen Reali on the show in months, so I think that arrangement fell apart. ESPN college analyst Jesse Palmer seems to be filling both Tony and Tebow's former roles. He's been on most days that Strahan isn't there, and I like him.

I haven't seen Reali on the show in months, so I think that arrangement fell apart. ESPN college analyst Jesse Palmer seems to be filling both Tony and Tebow's former roles. He's been on most days that Strahan isn't there, and I like him.

Yeah, Palmer, T.J. Holmes and Rob Marciano fit perfectly when they appear on the show, they both help balance the chemistry between the main anchors when Strahan is unable to be there.

ESPN's 'Mike & Mike' morning show will be moving from Bristol to Times Square in the near future, creating a partnership with 'Good Morning America'. Hosts and personalities from the two programs will crossover and make appearances given the right opportunity, but guest bookings are playing a key role in the move, as well.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/espns-mike-mike-moving-to-new-york-closer-to-gma/262497

Personally, I think ESPN should have moved their new 7-9am Sportcenter (http://www.adweek.com/news/television/espn-announces-2-new-morning-hours-sportscenter-and-more-30-30-164706) to Times Square instead. I think that SC would benefit from the booking benefits more than Mike and Mike would. The interaction between the GMA and SC teams would be an incredible use of synergy by having the SC team do sports on GMA and the GMA team do some news on SC.

I agree with that SC from 7-9 would have made more sense but maybe ESPN doesn't want one block of SC broadcasting from all the other blocks of the program.

Also I haven't seen Reali on the show in a while and it seems that Jesse Palmer is there on the days that Michael Strahan is not. Palmer is pretty good I enjoy his interaction with the team.

Off-topic but why doesn't Disney move Mike and Mike to the main ESPN channel instead? I know it probably gets less viewers than Sportscenter but it will make Mike and Mike more of a household name in the ESPN family. But, I'm glad that at least GMA and M&M will be able to collaborate and even have an occasional tie-in thanks to this move to Times Square.

So now on weekdays, SportsCenter will be LIVE from 7:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m. (7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on ESPN - including the new 7:00-9:00 a.m. block, 3:00-6:00 on ESPNews, 6:00-7:00 on ESPN, 7:00-11:00 p.m. on ESPNews and 11:00 p.m.-2:00 a.m. on ESPN - including the new midnight block and the same 1:00 a.m. block from Los Angeles.)

I have to say I agree, Palmer and Holmes fit right in. I might also add Ryan Smith to that list, he's great when he fills in. As already stated, Reali has disappeared from the show for a while now. TJ covered the social square right after that.

Off-topic but why doesn't Disney move Mike and Mike to the main ESPN channel instead? I know it probably gets less viewers than Sportscenter but it will make Mike and Mike more of a household name in the ESPN family. But, I'm glad that at least GMA and M&M will be able to collaborate and even have an occasional tie-in thanks to this move to Times Square.

Because SportsCenter has been around since forever on ESPN, whereas Mike and Mike... only since 1998. They see SportsCenter as more valuable than Mike and Mike.

I found something very unusual this morning. any idea what happened here? some raw ABC news feed my station forgot to switch off.

it came on at 11AM and for some reason my local station KXTV News 10 ABC was suppose to switch to their news but i have no idea why they didn't sooner. it was still showing the GMA graphics for some reason. but it also showed the ticker too followed by the theme from World News Tonight.

ABCNewsFeedraw.thumb.jpg.7dbe4ad13c2114fac000f6b938e1a3bf.jpg

I found something very unusual this morning. any idea what happened here? some raw ABC news feed my station forgot to switch off.

it came on at 11AM and for some reason my local station KXTV News 10 ABC was suppose to switch to their news but i have no idea why they didn't sooner. it was still showing the GMA graphics for some reason. but it also showed the ticker too followed by the theme from World News Tonight.

I am assuming the slate is used for a station to check and work on the box off air that ABC uses to trigger the local stations logo, time, temp and crawl during GMA. In this case they are testing the time and temperature.

VANC refers to vertical ancillary data that is used to transmit any non video information.

I am assuming the slate is used for a station to check and work on the box off air that ABC uses to trigger the local stations logo, time, temp and crawl during GMA. In this case they are testing the time and temperature.

VANC refers to vertical ancillary data that is used to transmit any non video information.

wow didn't know that. my ABC affiliate here has had alot of problems lately. other times commercials from my local station would sometimes often cut to robin roberts or other reporters rehearsing and then back again. another day was when they showed the color bars with the words "ABC TV NEW YORK HD" followed by a tone and a circle spinning. that pretty much what goes on sometimes where i am where KXTV is.

wow didn't know that. my ABC affiliate here has had alot of problems lately. other times commercials from my local station would sometimes often cut to robin roberts or other reporters rehearsing and then back again. another day was when they showed the color bars with the words "ABC TV NEW YORK HD" followed by a tone and a circle spinning. that pretty much what goes on sometimes where i am where KXTV is.

The commercials sound like they may have their timing off. Live programming can be difficult to cover at times because the commercial breaks are (I hope this is the right word) floating meaning they do not have a set time. But I think the timings report should show how long a station has for commercial breaks and those should generally be fixed. I imagine the feed of rehearsals and color bars are what they transmit during the break.

Don't the network's send a signal nowadays to trigger the automatic play out of breaks?

Because SportsCenter has been around since forever on ESPN, whereas Mike and Mike... only since 1998. They see SportsCenter as more valuable than Mike and Mike.

Mike and Mike is a must-carry show for ESPN Radio affiliates (a few stations don't carry it, most notably WPEN-FM; ESPN purchases time on WTEL 610 to clear it).

So even with the show being on ESPN2, it's always been a cross-promotional tool for ESPN Radio.

Mike and Mike is a must-carry show for ESPN Radio affiliates (a few stations don't carry it, most notably WPEN-FM; ESPN purchases time on WTEL 610 to clear it).

So even with the show being on ESPN2, it's always been a cross-promotional tool for ESPN Radio.

It's valuable on ESPN2, since ESPN rather have SportsCenter there. Besides, it's been on ESPN2 since 2006 and ESPNews before it in 2004.

and AM 1320.

• 4 weeks later...

What the hell? I watched the show this morning and didn't notice anything. Maybe driving 550 miles in 7 hours yesterday clouded my ability to process things.

I don't hate it, for sure. The old pack was getting a little dated, and the changes to the 8 o'clock hour L3's were a pleasant change. These new pieces were previewed by the new 8am open which has been in place for a few months.

I like it. The boxy look was kind of an eye sore for a second (and will probably still be one for some), but I like this and will find it enjoyable.

The old pack was getting a little dated, and the changes to the 8 o'clock hour L3's were a pleasant change. These new pieces were previewed by the new 8am open which has been in place for a few months.

Oh they sure were. The 8am changes are pleasant for sure. This new look will be a perfect update this show needed for a while.

I do wish they kept the lower third extended to the right side of the bug like the old ones, and not just cutting off on the left edge of the bug. I'm interested to see the full open. They also could have taken this opportunity to switch to the ABC network font that has found its way into other graphical elements.

I do wish they kept the lower third extended to the right side of the bug like the old ones, and not just cutting off on the left edge of the bug.

Me too. That look is gaudy as hell and rubs me the wrong way every time I look at it.

The last looks that had this extension were a breath of fresh air.