Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Still can't stand Sarah Haines's voice - it's like nails on a chalkboard to me!

More than just her voice, she acts like a snobby, annoying little kid and crosses the line at times with some of the comments she makes. Not someone I'd want to hang around with, or watch for that matter. No wonder she usually doesn't fill in for Lara on weekdays...

More than just her voice, she acts like a snobby, annoying little kid and crosses the line at times with some of the comments she makes. Not someone I'd want to hang around with, or watch for that matter. No wonder she usually doesn't fill in for Lara on weekdays...

Thank God for that!!! :)

Absolutely. Especially when she's around Gio Benitez, she's a loose cannon.

I've scoured the interwebs for way too long trying to find a clean version of the GMA theme at the beginning of this video. I don't know why it hasn't found its way onto some the theme sites, but has anyone ever seen the theme anywhere?

[yt]-aZlw1h2g24[/yt]

If my memory serves me correctly, this theme was used only for the weekend editions of GMA. I can't help with the name or anything like that but I know it was used on the Saturday and Sunday editions.

I've scoured the interwebs for way too long trying to find a clean version of the GMA theme at the beginning of this video. I don't know why it hasn't found its way onto some the theme sites, but has anyone ever seen the theme anywhere?

[yt]-aZlw1h2g24[/yt]

It was definitely used for weekdays around that time. With a female voiceover for a while too - I know because even before the Charlie/Diane/Robin era, we've always had it on there (our house, then and now, is a channel 9 house).

Found the weekday version...

[yt]MdN5jDkH7iA[/yt]

Tim Tebow is joining GMA as a contributor... Interesting move by ABC. (As the article notes, he's already employed by the company- he works for ESPN at the moment, and will likely continue his role on the SEC network) http://bit.ly/Zij40z

With the great success of Michael on the show, it's not surprising. And they are definitely trying to get more men on the program. Good move in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just want to bring it up because I saw it in reports today.

There are reports that ABC will cancel The View and expand GMA to 3 hours.

Not saying it will or will not happen but I think it is certainly interesting for discussion on this site.

Which report stated this? All that's been announced is that ABC News is taking over operations of the show which, by the way, is profitable.

If this would happen: I think this would be a good thing for them.

They have the resources, segments and correspondents for a third hour. and will definitely make GMA #1 against the rest of Today.

Meanwhile, about The View, these damn changes on-camera just can't stop. Now off-camera? They need to stop before it ends up a show about gaming, tabloids and occasional politics co-produced by IGN and Disney Channel.

(Yeah, I'm over-exaggerating, but unless changes can happen this way.)

It was on "Extra" today. And before everyone bombards me (oh wait, that's happened already) as I have already mentioned, I am not saying it will or will not happen, I am simply relaying what they said for a good discussion. So please don't start yelling at me, I just wanted a good discussion.

It was on "Extra" today. And before everyone bombards me (oh wait, that's happened already) as I have already mentioned, I am not saying it will or will not happen, I am simply relaying what they said for a good discussion. So please don't start yelling at me, I just wanted a good discussion.

Two people asked what your source was. All you had to say was you saw it on Extra. No need for the dramatics if you truly want a good discussion.

That said, I'm curious to know exactly what was said on Extra since no other published report I could find said GMA might go to three hours. Perhaps Extra was just speculating. In any case, The View will fit right in with the new direction of ABC News. And that's not really a good thing.