Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

My guess is that WABC would be their first choice from which to pull weather talent, but the flagship has, ironically, the smallest on-air team among ABC's top four stations. Philly has any one of six mets to poach, and they have the shortest (and cheapest) trip to get to ABC headquarters.

My guess is that WABC would be their first choice from which to pull weather talent, but the flagship has, ironically, the smallest on-air team among ABC's top four stations. Philly has any one of six mets to poach, and they have the shortest (and cheapest) trip to get to ABC headquarters.

Six?! Wow, didn't know that. Just assumed most had 3-4 like WABC.

I really enjoyed Cecily Tynan this week on GMA. To me she has been one of the best fill-in they had in a while and they need to consider her for the weekend position. Even though they maybe leaning towards a man, Cecily has did an outstanding job and they do not need to overlook that (which I highly doubt).

WPVI really doesn't need six meteorologists, even though one of them does traffic mainly. I've always been of the opinion that stations only need four on air meteorologists / weather people. I think both Cecily and Adam would be great for the GMA Weekend weather spot, even though I would miss both. The other could take over the rest of the evening duties at WPVI.

They have five mets, really - they dropped the "AccuWeather team" bit and strictly refer to Karen Rogers as traffic nowadays.

I don't think the first choice is WABC, because they do use Cecily and Adam pretty heavily if there's a big weather story. They're also more telegenic (IMO) than most of the WABC staff. (I'd argue Amy Freeze as the big exception, of course.)

They have five mets, really - they dropped the "AccuWeather team" bit and strictly refer to Karen Rogers as traffic nowadays.

I don't think the first choice is WABC, because they do use Cecily and Adam pretty heavily if there's a big weather story. They're also more telegenic (IMO) than most of the WABC staff. (I'd argue Amy Freeze as the big exception, of course.)

Karen while she is the morning traffic reporter is still part of the weather team (and a meteorologist). They still include her in weather promos and when Murphy or someone on the weekends is off she usually the one who fills in for them.

Amy Freeze, who did very well here in Philadelphia during her tenure here. Philly is a good breeding ground for meteorologists that connect well with audiences.If GMA used any of the 3, they'd do very well, although I think Cecily would much rather stay in Philly.

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan Smith in for Dan Harris on GMA Weekend this morning. Interesting that instead of having Ron Claiborne fill in for Dan and finding someone to fill in as news anchor, they leave Ron where he is and replace Dan.

I think I've seen Ron anchor weekends once. It was a holiday and Kate Snow was still co-anchor, so it's been awhile.

• 1 month later...

Lara being named co-anchor is just a title. Move noticed that she only fills in for Robin, never George. So maybe she's Robin's main fill in? As 24994J mentioned, when Robin was named co-anchor with Charlie and Diane, she was their equal whereas Lara is still the entertainment anchor.

Lara being named co-anchor is just a title. Move noticed that she only fills in for Robin, never George. So maybe she's Robin's main fill in? As 24994J mentioned, when Robin was named co-anchor with Charlie and Diane, she was their equal whereas Lara is still the entertainment anchor.

Why did they name her co-anchor? That makes no sense. All she does is pop news and a few of the other lighter stories. Basically she is just their main fill in, which makes no sense because that should go to Amy. IDK I guess it just bugs me that she doesn't do anything to deserve the "co-anchor" title. Maybe if they wanted that they could go back to the format (even though I dont know much about it, wanna learn more though) wen they had Robin, Charlie, and Dianne.

Lara, like Josh, wanted a greater role on the show, but unlike Josh, didn't ask for an 800-1000% pay increase. They had already lost Sam and Josh, so they were able to keep Lara for only a doubled salary and official fill-in role. The title is virtually irrelevant, so, say what you will, it was a good deal on the network's part.

Did you guys see this tweet? https://twitter.com/RobinRoberts/status/506935160072585216

What is Robin Roberts announcing?

- A new talk show? This has been rumored for a while and she's denied it in the past. Maybe she replaces Katie Couric and is paired up with Tyra Banks' new TV show which is launching in 2015? ABC stealing NBC's daytime strategy of pairing stars together (Vieira, Harvey and Ellen)?

- An inspirational television show or a game show on cable which is taped and aired at a later date?

- The new host of "America's Funniest Home Videos"?

- A judge on "Dancing with the Stars"?

- A new inspirational website/YouTube channel which is powered by Disney's newest acquisition, Maker Studios? Maybe Disney acquires Soul Pancake and makes Robin Roberts the face of the YouTube channel?

- Castmate on "The View"? She'll bring her feel-good personality to the show and make Rosie more likable? It'll be difficult for her to participate in political discussions since she anchors "GMA" but she would be a good fit.

- A stint with ESPN on the side? She hosted a ESPNW web show last year so maybe that show expands to television and maybe she gets to do SportsCenter sometimes?

Did you guys see this tweet? https://twitter.com/RobinRoberts/status/506935160072585216

What is Robin Roberts announcing?

- A new talk show? This has been rumored for a while and she's denied it in the past. Maybe she replaces Katie Couric and is paired up with Tyra Banks' new TV show which is launching in 2015? ABC stealing NBC's daytime strategy of pairing stars together (Vieira, Harvey and Ellen)?

- An inspirational television show or a game show on cable which is taped and aired at a later date?

- The new host of "America's Funniest Home Videos"?

- A judge on "Dancing with the Stars"?

- A new inspirational website/YouTube channel which is powered by Disney's newest acquisition, Maker Studios? Maybe Disney acquires Soul Pancake and makes Robin Roberts the face of the YouTube channel?

- Castmate on "The View"? She'll bring her feel-good personality to the show and make Rosie more likable? It'll be difficult for her to participate in political discussions since she anchors "GMA" but she would be a good fit.

- A stint with ESPN on the side? She hosted a ESPNW web show last year so maybe that show expands to television and maybe she gets to do SportsCenter sometimes?

She's launching her own production company:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/rockn-robin-productions-launches_b236947