Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Interesting. Does he even have a job at the moment?

Part of me thinks they'd lean toward choosing a girl so there are two men (Dan and Ron) and two women (Bianna and a female weather anchor) as opposed to three men and one woman, although the other three anchors could change in the future and maybe they also don't want an all-female weather team (formerly Sam and Ginger), so who knows. Maybe gender isn't a factor at play here. Just speculating.

Interesting. Does he even have a job at the moment?

Part of me thinks they'd lean toward choosing a girl so there are two men (Dan and Ron) and two women (Bianna and a female weather anchor) as opposed to three men and one woman, although the other three anchors could change in the future and maybe they also don't want an all-female weather team (formerly Sam and Ginger), so who knows. Maybe gender isn't a factor at play here. Just speculating.

Well, either Sara Haines (formerly of Today) or Rachel Smith (On The Red Carpet) sit at the desk to do pop news, so that gives the show 2 men and 2 women. The weather job could really go either way.

Well, either Sara Haines (formerly of Today) or Rachel Smith (On The Red Carpet) sit at the desk to do pop news, so that gives the show 2 men and 2 women. The weather job could really go either way.

Forgot that they've been doing that. You're absolutely right.

I'm sure ABC is looking for a man to join Ginger on the Extreme Weather team. I think the boy girl ratio for the weather team is what ABC is looking to balance more so than the Weekend GMA personality bench.

I agree. And now that I think about it, all of the fill-in weather anchors I've seen so far have been men.

Speaking of Sara Haines, I don't really understand that hire. What does ABC News see in her? She does seem like a very nice person who loves her job and wants to do the best she can, but I don't think she's of the same caliber as most of the other (even newer) correspondents. Also, and somewhat random, I noticed that women who are successful in television news tend to have a slightly deeper voice than most women (probably helps convey authority and gravitas). Haines doesn't. Maybe that's why I have a hard time taking her as seriously.

I try not to be critical too often as I know these people are just trying to do the jobs they were hired for and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Just sharing my observations.

Speaking of Sara Haines, I don't really understand that hire. What does ABC News see in her? She does seem like a very nice person who loves her job and wants to do the best she can, but I don't think she's of the same caliber as most of the other (even newer) correspondents. Also, and somewhat random, I noticed that women who are successful in television news tend to have a slightly deeper voice than most women (probably helps convey authority and gravitas). Haines doesn't. Maybe that's why I have a hard time taking her as seriously.

I try not to be critical too often as I know these people are just trying to do the jobs they were hired for and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Just sharing my observations.

I find her to be far more authentic and likable than Smith.

Its not like she is a foreign affairs correspondent, she does light news (the news that pops) etc... she doesn't need to be as serious as Martha Raddatz.

I love that GMA hired Sara Haines for the weekend program. I like Rachel Smith but more for an entertainment correspondent, where as Sara really shines on Weekend GMA witht the rest of the cast. Rachel is nice but always seem to cringe when she's filling in witht the weekday team because her presenting is just not authetic feeling.

I love that GMA hired Sara Haines for the weekend program. I like Rachel Smith but more for an entertainment correspondent, where as Sara really shines on Weekend GMA witht the rest of the cast. Rachel is nice but always seem to cringe when she's filling in witht the weekday team because her presenting is just not authetic feeling.

I agree with your description of Rachel. She seems like she should be reporting from the red carpet, not anchoring on GMA.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that it entirely matters, but it is somewhat of a reflection of the show's success...GMA has surpassed Today in total followers on both Twitter and Facebook, also being the first of the morning shows to reach 2,000,000 on the latter site.

Not that it entirely matters, but it is somewhat of a reflection of the show's success...GMA has surpassed Today in total followers on both Twitter and Facebook, also being the first of the morning shows to reach 2,000,000 on the latter site.

Its funny because it has gone back and forth a few times. About a year and a half ago, GMA was #1 on Facebook, I guess Today wanted to go all out to pass GMA and now GMA has decided to go all out and beat Today. And it looks like Today is trying to come back because they have started a Facebook promotion where if you like the page, you have a chance to go to Studio 1A during the program. Its fun to watch....

Also, the "weather center" in GMA's studio has the two side screens again.

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the issue of who will replace Diane, it seems like Mr. Stephanopoulos is a draw when on 'World News'. Perhaps it's a fluke, but there is now evidence (that could come into play at negotiation time) that the flagship program CAN and HAS seen a ratings increase with George at the desk, albeit for a single night.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/george-stephanopoulos-wins-on-three-different-shows-in-the-same-week_b212656

Going back to the issue of who will replace Diane, it seems like Mr. Stephanopoulos is a draw when on 'World News'. Perhaps it's a fluke, but there is now evidence (that could come into play at negotiation time) that the flagship program CAN and HAS seen a ratings increase with George at the desk, albeit for a single night.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/george-stephanopoulos-wins-on-three-different-shows-in-the-same-week_b212656

I would just add one thing. Diane said that normally, its the opposite and ratings tend to go down with George where as David usually sees ratings stay stable/increase.

In similar news David Muir is on tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

GMA debuted a new part of its really small studio today called the "#SocialSquare", a "groundbreaking new digital studio engaging viewers on a daily basis with the broadcast and social conversation".

More info is at the show's Yahoo page: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/social-square-unveiled-gma-120059753--abc-news-tv.html?vp=1

Okay, who else thinks this is a ripoff of Today's Orange Room? (other than this having a cooler name and great features)

No doubt it's a copy of Today but the show has had plans on expanding the fan experience when visiting the studios for a long time but are severely limited by space. I do want to mention that I am growing really tired of Nancy Grace's segment with Dan Abrams. What spurs the decision to have her on some days and then not others? It was interesting when they introduced the segment 3 years ago but now it's just old, stale and lazy.

GMA debuted a new part of its really small studio today called the "#SocialSquare", a "groundbreaking new digital studio engaging viewers on a daily basis with the broadcast and social conversation".

More info is at the show's Yahoo page: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/social-square-unveiled-gma-120059753--abc-news-tv.html?vp=1

Okay, who else thinks this is a ripoff of Today's Orange Room? (other than this having a cooler name and great features)

The orange room was the first thing I thought of. The only thing is the #socialsquare has a lot more features and seems a lot more usable than the orange room. Also, it looks like they got rid if the kitchen for this. Not a bad thing, GMA doesn't do that much cooking and most of the kitchen segments are outside.