Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

7 hours ago, Daybreak said:

WOW...There has to be more to it because how swiftly they got rid of Amy and TJ, they cannot possibly allowed this to go on and he's still on the air? 

I agree there has to be more to this. Surprised they were able to keep this quiet for so long.

32 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

I'd assume it was a three-party deal where the victim pretty much said 'fine, but if he comes near me again' and management said he wouldn't and blocked him from TSS. He's more a roving weather reporter anyways so his in-studio appearances were limited to begin with (usually he's stuck near the GWB for a location shot).

There are a lot of missing pieces here because this incident (or incidents), imo, would warrant a review of corporate policy and not a random ‘you can’t set foot in the studio’ agreement. 

Unless anything unflattering comes out, sounds like ABC is just fulfilling Marciano's contract with them, which means they'd probably not renew it. They literally found a replacement for him on GMA Weekend. The writing is on the wall. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

Unless anything unflattering comes out, sounds like ABC is just fulfilling Marciano's contract with them, which means they'd probably not renew it. They literally found a replacement for him on GMA Weekend. The writing is on the wall. 

Exactly what I was thinking. He’s still on air so there’s no way for him to claim right now that they’re sidelining him. They can ask him to report from the field or any other studio as they please … I’m sure we’ll see a “Rob Marciano has departed ABC News and we thank him for his contributions to our organization” statement in the near future. 

• Like 4

It appears from the reporting that network management decided the incident did not rise to the level of an immediately-terminable offense, but that GMA's EP is not allowing him in her studio.  Her boss (i.e., Godwin) would obviously be aware of that and therefore approve of it.  So I agree with others that once his contract is up, he's out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

Exactly what I was thinking. He’s still on air so there’s no way for him to claim right now that they’re sidelining him. They can ask him to report from the field or any other studio as they please … I’m sure we’ll see a “Rob Marciano has departed ABC News and we thank him for his contributions to our organization” statement in the near future. 

Yeah, this is much more likely; better to just run out the clock. And most likely, the harassed employee is a lot more important to GMA to retain rather than a guy who they can replace with a surplus of available talent who is drama-free.

• Like 2

What is it about network news that so many of these personal scandals occur? Perhaps these workplace scandals happen in all industries but network scandals are magnified because they're on television? Whatever it is, this must make aspiring journalists be cautious of entering the profession. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1

It happens everywhere, we just learn of it more often when it happens in television because a reporter or anchor that viewers see daily is suddenly removed from a program.  In some cases, it’s also a credit to the network and its corporate parent that they take allegations seriously these days and will now act on things swiftly and publicly unlike other industries where behavior like this is still swept under the rug. 

Edited by wabceyewitness
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

She's filling in on GMA3 
As for the Wikipedia article, they also list Cheryl Scott as the senior meteorologist from 2022-2023 so I wouldn't give that edit too much thought
If she left for GMA3 they would have mentioned it by now

Edited by Muppetman03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mrknowitall526 said:

Ginger Zee did the GMA preview on WPVI this morning.  I thought it was an odd choice.  I don't get to watch GMA as I leave for work at 7 AM.  Does she have a news-y type role in addition to weather?

That's a normal thing. My affiliate airs this every morning coming out of the final break of the morning news. She doesn't have a newsy role, but I'm guessing she has the availability to provide these pre-recorded previews throughout the morning.

9 minutes ago, 24994J said:

That's a normal thing. My affiliate airs this every morning coming out of the final break of the morning news. She doesn't have a newsy role, but I'm guessing she has the availability to provide these pre-recorded previews throughout the morning.

WLS IIRC, also does a live preview (usually with Tracy Butler and Michael Strahan) during the 5am hour of their morning newscast.

Robin, Michael and Ginger all seemingly rotate affiliate “talk backs.” I’m not sure how they divide them up but Robin usually does the WABC segment and when I lived in the central timezone Michael, Ginger would do the KTRK segment.

12 hours ago, 24994J said:

Yeah, I feel bad for Ginger. I don't have live TV but I sometimes stream into GMA on Hulu and they always cut the weather forecast segment, which I never understood, you hardly see her (or whomever does the weather). You realize how much her role was cut through the years, I remember when Sam Champion had a prominent role when he was on the show and he would do segments that didn't have to deal with weather. 

Edited by tvtime07
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

Yeah, I feel bad for Ginger. I don't have live TV but I sometimes stream into GMA on Hulu and they always cut the weather forecast segment, which I never understood, you hardly see her (or whomever does the weather). You realize how much her role was cut through the years, I remember when Sam Champion had a prominent role when he was on the show and he would do segments that didn't have to deal with weather. 

Michael's addition cut into the amount of leftover fluff segments for the meteorologist to pick up.

With Amy (when she was there) and Lara around to to handle the lifestyle pieces, then Robin, George and Michael all in the role of primary anchors, there's little besides the weather left for Ginger.

Edited by MediaZone4K

On 4/13/2023 at 11:04 PM, 24994J said:

I'd just never seen Ginger do it!  Usually it's either Robin Roberts or a sub 

• 2 weeks later...

Is Eva officially off Weekend GMA and possibly a contender for GMA3. If so, her and Gio Benitez should get GMA3 and be the main fill ins on the main GMA and give the transportation correspondent to someone else. Whit Johnson and Janai Norman should fill in on weekday GMA more than Linsey Davis. Not a fan of Linsey's anchoring.

Edited by WeatherandTraffic

Nothing has been announced officially but Eva seems to be their choice to replace Amy. They’ve had her with a roster of alternates the last 5-6 weeks including Demarco Morgan, Gio and Phil Lipof. 

Im really enjoying Rebecca Jarvis sitting in for Robin. Linsey has not been a strong fit. 

Here are the hosts that have been covering GMA3 since Amy and TJ left

Gio Benitez and Stephanie Ramos

Rhiannon Ally and Demarco Morgan

Rhiannon Ally and Gio Benitez

Stephanie Ramos and Demarco Morgan

Gio Benitez and Eva Pilgrim

Gio Benitez and Kayna Whitworth

Eva Pilgrim and Phil Lipof

And Eva Pilgrim and Demarco Morgan

Let me know if I forgot anyone

On 4/28/2023 at 10:40 AM, Muppetman03 said:

Here are the hosts that have been covering GMA3 since Amy and TJ left

Gio Benitez and Stephanie Ramos

Rhiannon Ally and Demarco Morgan

Rhiannon Ally and Gio Benitez

Stephanie Ramos and Demarco Morgan

Gio Benitez and Eva Pilgrim

Gio Benitez and Kayna Whitworth

Eva Pilgrim and Phil Lipof

And Eva Pilgrim and Demarco Morgan

Let me know if I forgot anyone

Phil Lipof has appeared with others besides just Eva.

Janai Norman announced baby #3 for her on this morning’s show.

While nothing has been made official yet the trios social media posts seem to suggest that Whit, Janai and Gio are the weekend team. Feels like a strong bet that Eva will be the new GMA3 anchor.