Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

10 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

Just bring back All My Children and be done with it. Susan Lucci hinted of a possible reboot recently as a proposed project by Kelly Rippa and husband Mark Consuelos.

That's planned for primetime.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2022/02/susan-lucci-provides-update-on-the-status-of-pine-valley-the-primetime-reboot-of-all-my-children-in-development-at-abc

10 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

Don't know why we need Good Morning America in the afternoon.

Because it's cheaper, does well even with low ratings and makes back much more money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

Just bring back All My Children and be done with it. Susan Lucci hinted of a possible reboot recently as a proposed project by Kelly Rippa and husband Mark Consuelos. I miss the New York soaps. Don't know why we need Good Morning America in the afternoon.

I wish. But the cost is why they wont do it. Any soap reboot would need to be 30 mins with a slimmed cast to be cheaper to produce. It's crazy how unstable the timeslot has been since.

Edited by iron_lion

36 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

That's planned for primetime.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2022/02/susan-lucci-provides-update-on-the-status-of-pine-valley-the-primetime-reboot-of-all-my-children-in-development-at-abc

Because it's cheaper, does well even with low ratings and makes back much more money.

So is a game show, maybe air reruns of the Fun and Games shows (outside of Celebrity Feud and $100k Pyramid due to GSN and BET having the rights) Press Your Luck maybe?

Unsurprisingly, NewsNation may be so desperate to hire the two lovebirds from GMA. The same news organization ran by a man who had sexual assault allegations, who worked for GMA. 

https://www.msn.com/en-US/tv/news/forbidden-lovers-amy-robach--tj-holmes-looking-for-new-gigs-at-newsnation-after-being-dumped-by-abc-over-gma-affair/ar-AA17aRpi?ocid=sapphireappshare

I have a slogan for them.

NewsNation: We hire scandal-plaqued hosts to bring News to our Nation. 

Edited by 24994J

During the Super Bowl pregame on FOX, they showed a couple of minutes of an interview with Michael Strahan and Damar Hamlin. It was an excerpt of the full interview which will air on GMA Monday morning. At the end they even mentioned for viewers to watch the full interview on Good Morning America on ABC.

I know Michael Strahan is an employee of both FOX and ABC, but has this happened before where FOX basically ran a promo for ABC?

• Thought-Provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 12:11 PM, MorningNews said:

ABC adding a third on-air meteorologist. I wonder if we’ll see her take over weekend GMA from the revolving ABC O&O mets.

Do they still bring back Sam Champion to fill in on GMA? I used to see him sometimes. Looks like they would find a spot for him, since he was once one of their major anchors. Or maybe he's semi retired.

5 minutes ago, tylerSC said:

Do they still bring back Sam Champion to fill in on GMA? I used to see him sometimes. Looks like they would find a spot for him, since he was once one of their major anchors. Or maybe he's semi retired.

I feel like he comes around to be a cackling mascot for certain segments more often than filling in for Ginger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, TVNewsLover said:

My only issue with Demarco is he doesn’t seem to stay anywhere long. Not good if you’re grooming someone to eventually take over the mothership GMA. And not only does he not stay long, he’s been at all three networks on some level. Doesn’t scream loyalty either. 

Demarco worked at NBC affiliates WNBC in NYC, WTVJ in Miami, & WXIA in Atlanta, not on any network shows there. He also worked at CBS News and KCBS in Los Angeles, and his departure was more a part of the CBS to KCAL format change and CBS wanting to try something new in the morning in Los Angeles with Jamie Yuccas as the centerpiece. He and his former co anchor Suzanne Marques were let go they didn't quit, although she is now doing entertainment pieces for KCBS.

On 3/5/2023 at 12:03 PM, 24994J said:

I feel like he comes around to be a cackling mascot for certain segments more often than filling in for Ginger.

Speculation, but I'm sure Sam would love to have his GMA job back. He took a chance on the weather channel gig, much like Josh Elliott the grass wasn't greener on the other side. At least Sam has the good position of AM metrologist for the #1 station in the #1 market. 

It's crazy how brief and how long ago that era of team Robin, George, Lara, Josh, Sam was. They were a good team. 

Has the news reader been filled since Amy was let go? ABC might aswell put Michael or Lara in that role instead of adding another person to the lineup. 

Edited by MediaZone4K

A quick side note…. 

They haven’t gotten around to removing Amy from the 20/20 page/website. Strangely enough, they were relatively quick to update the GMA3 one the following Monday after her and TJ were fired.

F7C8F374-F86A-4453-AC19-49FA99FC492C.thumb.jpeg.ca07817b55194b9adbc4882d5f63afd4.jpeg

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

Speculation, but I'm sure Sam would love to have his GMA job back. He took a chance on the weather channel gig, much like Josh Elliott the grass wasn't greener on the other side. At least Sam has the good position of AM metrologist for the #1 station in the #1 market. 

It's crazy how brief and how long ago that era of team Robin, George, Lara, Josh, Sam was. They were a good team. 

Has the news reader been filled since Amy was let go? ABC might aswell put Michael or Lara in that role instead of adding another person to the lineup. 

IIRC they dropped the newsreader role a long time ago though I don't remember specifically when

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

Yep. No newsreader for more than a few years now and I believe that happened once Michael joined the show full time. In fact, the official casts of the show is billed as Robin, George, Michael and Ginger for several years now.

So basically she was the unofficial but permanent news reader?

Edited by MediaZone4K

7 minutes ago, MediaZone4K said:

So basically she was the unofficial but permanet news reader?

Amy was officially the newsreader after Josh left. Her role changed to GMA fill-in and contributor at the same time she moved to 20/20. ABC removed her and Lara as official members of the show right around then IIRC.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Daybreak said:

WOW...There has to be more to it because how swiftly they got rid of Amy and TJ, they cannot possibly allowed this to go on and he's still on the air? 

I'd assume it was a three-party deal where the victim pretty much said 'fine, but if he comes near me again' and management said he wouldn't and blocked him from TSS. He's more a roving weather reporter anyways so his in-studio appearances were limited to begin with (usually he's stuck near the GWB for a location shot, as Ginger does for WNT within sight of the Tappan Zee).

Edited by mrschimpf