Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

They are both good anchors but their future is now in cable news only at least for several years since the broadcast networks will not touch them. I wonder if their buyout of their contract will still have a non complete clause for a year or so. Amy should have stayed with NBC News Group. 

Like I said previously, CNN would be wise to pick them up for primetime. Their chemistry is dynamic like Joe and Mica. 

I do wonder if ABC/Disney made TJ and Amy sign an NDA? 

19 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I don't think many of us expected this outcome when this all came to light. Perhaps it was a result of some of the additional information they uncovered, but I have a feeling a lot of the reason they are out is the way TJ and Amy reacted. It seems as if they went to war with ABC and that's never helpful if your goal is to stay employed there. Plus they seemed to lack any ounce of discretion. Fairly or unfairly, they became too big of a story.

Yeah, when this began, I thought they stood a chance to continue, but I forgot how cut-throat and dramatic it can be behind the scenes. This has all the makings of a cheesy Lifetime limited series. The online tabloids have suggested that Lara had always had a beef with Amy and Robin didn't like how this incident could tarnish the GMA brand; it's also noted that Robin neglected to mention Amy much in her memoir, so I'm pretty sure these tensions boiled up backstage between personalities.  

I agree with you, I do feel like TJ and Amy should have gone private with their relationship in December, having them kissing on that pier last month just didn't help their case. But maybe they both realized they had nothing left at ABC at that point, so maybe that was part of a publicity stunt. 

ABC News is in an interesting time, they've had a number of promising on-air talent leave: Tom Llamas, Cecilia Vega, and now TJ and Amy. I do wonder if they plan to poach any talent elsewhere, Robin Meade or Jeff Glor?

The recent TMZ article suggested that Amy has mishandled alcohol, which I think was far-reaching for HR to put into their mediation session, but I always wondered if drunk Diane Sawyer ever got into some trouble: 

• Like 1

What a shame. I wonder if they will be able to come back from this.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

They are both good anchors but their future is now in cable news only at least for several years since the broadcast networks will not touch them. I wonder if their buyout of their contract will still have a non complete clause for a year or so. Amy should have stayed with NBC News Group. 

I really think Amy would have been a solid successor to Ann Curry had she reamined at NBC. 

Edited by iron_lion

4 hours ago, MorningNews said:

What a shame. I loved Amy on GMA. Her and TJ are complete morons for this.

7 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

So Mika and Joe are morons, no I hope they get picked up by CNN or MSNBC. I don’t agree with the decision. Rhiannon Ally and Demarco Morgan are great. Hopefully no love dust falls on them, Mike Marza is a nice guy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

So Mika and Joe are morons, no I hope they get picked up by CNN or MSNBC. I don’t agree with the decision. Rhiannon Ally and Demarco Morgan are great. Hopefully no love dust falls on them, Mike Marza is a nice guy.

Amy and TJ are free to love one another to the ends of time. However there are consequences for so brazenly flaunting adultery with your other married colleague while you both are public figures on a program that prides itself as a family-centric broadcast. No one is judging them for being together, it’s the way they went about disclosing it. 

It really shouldn’t be this difficult of a concept to grasp, I’m starting to believe some are intentionally missing the point.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, iron_lion said:

What a shame. I wonder if they will be able to come back from this.

I think they can find success somewhere. NewsNation could use the help, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they both landed at a local station (NYC, DC, Miami, etc…) too.

Honestly, I think Robach & Holmes overplayed their hands and thought they were too popular to get rid of. ABC was just waiting for them to blink and when they did was ready to cut them loose.

Edited by jase
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, CLETVFan said:

Could ABC consider bringing back Michael Strahan and Sara Haines to GMA3?  I liked them and Keke Palmer together.

Not happening because it wasn’t successful. 

From Variety….

“GMA3” has also been a bright spot. In 2021, the program generated nearly $43.4 million in advertising, a jump of 26.1% from the nearly $34.4 million it captured in the previous year.’ 

This tells me that they will continue with what has been working. Could see them dropping the ’WYNTK’ part of the title, but I wouldn’t expect anything radical.

Robach and Holmes have been gone for nearly 2 months and the show has been humming along just fine without them. No need to fix what isn’t broken.

Edited by jase
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Lara has been presenting the play of the day several times of the last few weeks even with Michael there. It’s the first time they’ve had her appear regularly in the first hour in several years.

Lara's role has been really undefined and sporatic since Josh left and especially since Michael joined.

5 hours ago, CLETVFan said:

Josh Elliott had a great thing going with GMA before he went to NBC, then CBS, then...what is he even doing now?

I know that's right. Josh was one of my favorite elements of GMA, but his departure and the reasoning was his own undoing. Had he bided his time at either NBC or CBS, something great would've opened up for him down the line.

10 hours ago, iron_lion said:

Lara's role has been really undefined and sporatic since Josh left and especially since Michael joined.

Yeah, ever since the program shifted to an emphasis on the main trio: Robin, George, and Michael, it seemed like everyone else (Ginger, Lara, Amy and Jesse) played the second and third fiddle. I can see Lara making more of an impact now to fill the void left by Amy. 

Seems like ABC News president is now on thin ice in regard to her handling of the Robach-Holmes situation: https://www.thedailybeast.com/abc-news-bleeding-from-self-inflicted-wound-after-gma3-love-scandal?utm_campaign=owned_social&utm_source=facebook_owned_tdb&utm_medium=socialflow&source=TDB&via=FB_Page&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=owned_social&source=TDB&via=FB_Page&utm_source=facebook_owned_tdb&fbclid=IwAR0ypak1qfZrSjWEE6Hkojj6vv5bpoViK1V5MmVrAwEbYL2IHyh4NfWaU6w

• Like 1