Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

32 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t see a situation where ABC gets rid of both, if anyone is at risk it’s T.J. for his propensity for banging colleagues. Even then, that seems like an unlikelihood. Were the dynamics of this any other than two seemingly happily married colleagues slyly messing around (basically has Dailymail not blasted it as an affair) then I think GMA milks this romance for all it’s worth. GMA3 is likely but I don’t see the two of them back on main GMA together though it’s anyone’s guess. 

This is the same network that airs the longest-running scripted medical drama where doctors bang each other all the time and the network practically placed 4 hours of their fall primetime programming to show singletons dating each other in a tropical resort in Mexico, where they have a legendary "boom boom room". For a media company that has embraced sex-positivity in its programming, it's sort of hypocritical that they would be taking the so-called moral high ground for their employees. If their investigation finds that no company policies were violated, let Amy and TJ go back to work together I say. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hope getting laid was worth their jobs! So sad they couldn't keep it together. You NEVER hear anything in the tabs about Muir's love life! This story from CNN says the issue isn't the affair itself but rather that TJ was point blank asked and he allegedly lied.

"People familiar with the matter previously told CNN that when the Daily Mail first reached out to ABC News for comment about the relationship between Robach and Holmes, a surprised network spokesperson tried to determine whether the allegation was true. The spokesperson contacted Holmes, who poured cold water on the tabloid's reporting. That resulted in the spokesperson trying to push back against the outlet's reporting. The Daily Mail wasn't deterred and published its explosive story. When ABC representatives later saw the images included in the Daily Mail's story, they were taken aback, the people familiar with the matter said."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/12/12/media/abc-gma3-anchors-internal-probe/index.html

• Like 1

The Rob Marciano situation remains odd. He appears on GMA only to file weather-related stories, never to present or fill in for Ginger like before though he seems to be the primary weather anchor / correspondent for WNT.

Instead GMA brings in a range of weather anchors from NYC, Chicago, Philly and Nashville for weekends or filling in for Ginger.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where exactly to post this, but it definitely is relevant to GMA. Disney CEO Bob Iger was in conversation with John Stewart about the issues with modern news.

Iger claims ABC News never sacrificed quality for ratings. To the contrary, GMA and ABC News are one of the worst offenders (if not the worst among the big three) of frequently using hyperbole and breaking news.

An element I like that Stewart pointed out, is that modern news media all rushes to cover one event with extreme focus, then moves onto the next topic while other issues get pushed to the sidelines.

Case and point, the Mueller Report. A key thing Stewart kept pressing Iger about is how would news organizations execute the change for better quality news they claim to want---to which the latter said would be impractical to do in today's climate.

Interesting watch, and to Iger's credit he was the only major news executive willing to talk to Stewart.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, WeatherandTraffic said:

Tj and Amy still haven't returned to GMA3 yet. I feel that the co-hosts of the main show are not to happy with them. Also do you guys think that the network is keeping them off the air so they have to end their affair? 

The internal investigation isn't over and was likely paused over the Holidays. Ratings have not been affected, so there's no hurry to bring these two back. Just going to have to wait until the process is over to see what happens next. 

I’d like them to come to some solution sooner than later. Radar and Variety are reporting that GMAers don’t want Amy and TJ back. We shall see what happens but Rhiannon Ally and DeMarco Morgan are making a nice competitive pairing as the replacements.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I’d like them to come to some solution sooner than later. Radar and Variety are reporting that GMAers don’t want Amy and TJ back. We shall see what happens but Rhiannon Ally and DeMarco Morgan are making a nice competitive pairing as the replacements.

Agreed.  I’d hope that, if nothing improper is found to have happened, then they are given their jobs back. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mountainave said:

TJ and Amy will have their lawyers ready to sue ABC if they are fired.

4 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

TJ and Amy will have their lawyers ready to sue ABC if they are fired.

Maybe not fired, but certainly reassigned. It's hard for them to deliver objective news of the day when they, themselves, are the topic and attention of the news. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, Amy appears to have reactivated her instagram. 

09854888-ADEF-4332-A195-08EF7282B85F.jpeg

13 minutes ago, GodfreyGR said:

Maybe not fired, but certainly reassigned. It's hard for them to deliver objective news of the day when they, themselves, are the topic and attention of the news. 

ironically, had ABC just left them on air until their planned Christmas vacation and had them return in the new year, none of this would be a story.  

ABC is the one who has prolonged and completely mishandled this situation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wabceyewitness said:

Meanwhile, Amy appears to have reactivated her instagram. 

09854888-ADEF-4332-A195-08EF7282B85F.jpeg

ironically, had ABC just left them on air until their planned Christmas vacation and had them return in the new year, none of this would be a story.  

ABC is the one who has prolonged and completely mishandled this situation.  

ABC completely mishandled this and not the two anchors in question? There’s equal share of blame to go around. Amy and TJ showing a complete lack of judgement as public figures is on them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Their lack of discretion is what did them in. They can live as recklessly as they want but once it impacts their employer’s image (family dynamic) then they become a threat to the brand.

That point there I was thinking about. If the image was projected to be a bit more like Morning Joe or even Good Morning Football where it was more of a comradery than a "family", I feel the impact of the fallout would be less severe.

10 hours ago, MorningNews said:

ABC completely mishandled this and not the two anchors in question? There’s equal share of blame to go around. Amy and TJ showing a complete lack of judgement as public figures is on them.

Two adult coworkers began a relationship after separating from their spouses.  It became publicized after a tabloid sent a photographer to spy on them. What lack of judgement? That they wanted their private life to remain private for the time being? Yes, let’s punish them for that. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, justin2kx said:

That point there I was thinking about. If the image was projected to be a bit more like Morning Joe or even Good Morning Football where it was more of a comradery than a "family", I feel the impact of the fallout would be less severe.

I see your point, especially because Joe and Mika are doing well after their mini scandal.  To be fair, 'Frozen' sing-along 'Deals and Steals' GMA is not a serious news cast. GMA3 even less serious.  ABC News is fighting to protray an internalized image of Good Morning America that isn't in line with reality. 

5 hours ago, wabceyewitness said:

Two adult coworkers began a relationship after separating from their spouses.  It became publicized after a tabloid sent a photographer to spy on them. What lack of judgement? That they wanted their private life to remain private for the time being? Yes, let’s punish them for that. 

Agreed. We live in a time of increased public scrutiny. These days, companies knee-jerk reaction is cave ito public pressure, forgetting that this is an era of short attention spans. A new media frenzy surfaces every week. 

It also seems like people who double down and stay the course, rather than retreat, are the ones who survive cancel culture. Translation, ABC should've kept them on the air and allowed this to blow over.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Thanks 2

With Cecilia Vega jumping over to CBS, Fridays are now open with Robin having Fridays off and Amy still suspended. I think Eva and Janai can take turns fill in for Robin. They can also fill in for Michael since Tj(Michael's main fill in) is also suspended. 

Also, is Lara Spencer back to full time or part time still? It seems like she's back to full time.

Cecilia and Linsey Davis have seemingly been splitting Robin / Michael fill-in duties in the absence of Amy and TJ. Lara is still on daily but is limited strictly to the second hour unless she’s presenting a report like today’s AO report at 7:16.

Avoiding speculation, it feels less and less likely that Amy and TJ return right? They’ve been sidelined entirely and off-air for a substantial amount of time that their return would cause an entire new flood of attention for ABC, despite my opinion that benching them temporarily was definitely the right call.

The Daily Mail is reporting that TJ Holmes also had an affair with an intern. Their source describes Holmes as “a predator who took full advantage of his position”

One should proceed with caution considering the source, but if it’s true, this can’t be good.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11649639/T-J-Holmes-sex-office-ABC-intern-13-years-junior.html

23 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

The Daily Mail is reporting that TJ Holmes also had an affair with an intern. Their source describes Holmes as “a predator who took full advantage of his position”

One should proceed with caution considering the source, but if it’s true, this can’t be good.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11649639/T-J-Holmes-sex-office-ABC-intern-13-years-junior.html

Le sigh… 

Edited by KRAP-TV

42 minutes ago, nycnewsjunkie said:

NY Post is reporting this as well. Happening just as we predicted.  It may only be a matter of time before harassment allegations surface. At this point, I don't see ABC bringing TJ back.

I am not TJ and Amy's personal attorneys so heopefuly it doesn't come off that way lol. Again, still bad that he repetedly cheated on his wife, no sympathy points for that, and that he s*at where he ate jeapordizing a job many would dream of having, not smart. BUT the source's description indicated the affair was consensual (despite calling Holmes a preditor). Both parties are accountable. 

The headline makes a point of saying the intern was 24, which is old enough to make your own decisions. TJ aside, I notice we're infantalizing 21+ year olds alot these days. I'm sure their stunted independece (living at home, having children & marrying later due to the economy) plays a big role this growing image. 24 isn't as smart as you'll ever be, but it's certainly agebale enough to decide wether or not you want to sleep with a married co-worker, mentor, superior or whatever position. 

https://nypost.com/

Edited by iron_lion