Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

36 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Umm? Aren’t they both married?

Yeah and they both have kids...the pics in the Dailymail don't look good. On the other hand, they clearly weren't doing a good job hiding it so this could have been going on for awhile and we're just finding out. Either way, ABC better nip this quick because it's definitely not a good luck for 2 of your star anchors to be involved in an affair! 

• Like 1

Always thought Holmes and Robach were the future for main GMA, but this event makes things very interesting indeed. They always had good chemistry on-air, but it seems like things sparked off-air.  I wonder how ABC will position this? Will viewers care? I think if they come out in the open and be truthful about what happened, I think most viewers who are already invested in GMA3 will be okay with it, I think some morning viewers will actually welcome it (might even help with ratings). They weren't in an affair like the tabloids are saying, it's 2022 and they've been separated from their partners since August. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tvtime07 said:

Always thought Holmes and Robach were the future for main GMA, but this event makes things very interesting indeed. They always had good chemistry on-air, but it seems like things sparked off-air.  I wonder how ABC will position this? Will viewers care? I think if they come out in the open and be truthful about what happened, I think most viewers who are already invested in GMA3 will be okay with it, I think some morning viewers will actually welcome it (might even help with ratings). They weren't in an affair like the tabloids are saying, it's 2022 and they've been separated from their partners since August. 

They would have had to be separated considering how public they’re being in a number of those photos right? They’re literally smiling at cameras in one of the photos as they left TJ’s apartment apparently. 

Not sure how GMA will handle this but hard to see them being the future of the show in the way I also thought they’d be.

• Like 1

Honestly, as a straight guy with many female friends, some going back 25 years, the ONLY thing here that really screams more than friendship is multiple butt slaps. And yes, having existing marriages might not make for a good look, but sheesh, this isn't even in the same zip code as a Lauer type situation.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Honestly, as a straight guy with many female friends, some going back 25 years, the ONLY thing here that really screams more than friendship is multiple butt slaps. And yes, having existing marriages might not make for a good look, but sheesh, this isn't even in the same zip code as a Lauer type situation.

Nowhere near Lauer levels indeed, but the optics are not good. I hope they don't have any morality clauses in their contract. And with all due respect, besides the ass grabs, they have multiple shots, different days, some days in a row, of them at each other's apartments. This has clearly been going on for awhile.

Edited by JustinH
  • Sad 1

What are all your thoughts on Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough? This is pretty much the same situation, just without the pictures in the Daily Mail (which I have no problem with personally since they have been separated from their partners). Mika and Joe are still doing fine all these years on MSNBC. 

Edited by tvtime07
  • Like 5

Why is this even a thing? And why is anyone even questioning their “future” on GMA or how ABC will handle it?

Two married adults fell for each other, separated from their respective spouses and have begun a new relationship together. It is sad that two marriages are ending but that is a normal part of life. 

Maybe they’ll address it on air or issue a statement when they’re ready… but who cares? 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

I know they're public figures but that story and those photos feel incredibly creepy.

It's as if someone hired a p.i to follow them rather than a random paparazzi stumbling onto the two at a bar or something.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

Why is this even a thing? And why is anyone even questioning their “future” on GMA or how ABC will handle it?

Two married adults fell for each other, separated from their respective spouses and have begun a new relationship together. It is sad that two marriages are ending but that is a normal part of life. 

Maybe they’ll address it on air or issue a statement when they’re ready… but who cares? 

I mostly agree but there are optics around the “family” and “wholesomeness” of morning TV that an apparent marital affair would likely not play well in.

For me, I like TJ and Amy as a duo but not sure the dating dynamics would go well on a national network morning program. How do the dynamics shift while they’re a couple, how do they shift in the event that they’re no longer a couple?

• Like 1

Very unlikely this would be addressed on air.  If anything, through a statement or messages on their social media accounts.  Importantly, this was (is) a relationship between two consenting adults who are not professionally subordinate to one another or in a position to influence the other's employment. Whether or not their relationship constituted an extramarital affair is unclear, but even if it did, it's not a situation for which a morality clause is typically invoked and is unlikely to affect either's employment with the company.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Disney/ABC will probably not even give a fat Mickey rat's behind about this and it will definitely blow over in a few days.  Management will probably meet with Holmes & Robach and tell them to keep it professional in office and on air & that's it. (I actually think GMA3 should be renamed "GMA3: Holmes & Robach" now that I type that out... it has a nice ring to it. lol) The Mouse won't make a public statement because they won't want to draw more attention to it.  People will forget about it within a week; the everyday news cycle will bury it.

Edited by RCA TK47
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

I hope they don’t dignify it with a response. Ultimately, this is another example of our society’s obsession with learning intimate details about strangers. 

Plus, if the viewers want romance drama, they can keep the TV on until General Hospital 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe it’s fair to say tabloids and social media made a much bigger deal of this than needed be. The two have been separated from their marriages for a while now and are two consenting adults which the DailyMail piece buried in their story. 

Still a surprising story and I think it’ll be sometime before ABC has the two of them on air together though I think the best way to defend them from a rag piece and invasion of their privacy is to have them operate BAU. The duo are a strong part of the show’s sustained success.

Don't dip your pen in the company ink, kids.

A company like Disney probably has a relationships policy among co-workers, but most likely just for a superior-subordinate relationship. Personally, I don't care. I don't think it will affect anything on air until they begin hating each other (and it will happen). It'll be expensive divorces for both of them, though! The lawyer for one of the estranged spouses probably hired the P.I..

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Maybe it’s fair to say tabloids and social media made a much bigger deal of this than needed be. The two have been separated from their marriages for a while now and are two consenting adults which the DailyMail piece buried in their story. 

Still a surprising story and I think it’ll be sometime before ABC has the two of them on air together though I think the best way to defend them from a rag piece and invasion of their privacy is to have them operate BAU. The duo are a strong part of the show’s sustained success.

I would argue that there is no reason to delay their return to working together. Yes, the optics aren’t ideal, but trying to ‘wait things out’ until the dust settles only provides people with the opportunity to continue to dig up more dirt, etc…

It is what it is.

As long as their relationship doesn’t effect their work and/or create an environment were others are effect by their actions, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 4

It looks like some executives have a few more gray hairs.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/01/amy-robach-and-t-j-holmes-alleged-affair-prompts-emergency-meetings-at-abc/

Robach's divorce will be finalized later this month.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/01/tj-holmes-amy-robach-affair-rumor-good-morning-america-no-discipline/?adid=social-twa

Edited by TheRob
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:45 PM, Daybreak said:

Daily Mail is reporting  Amy and TJ Holmes are romantically involved. 

Entertainment Tonight is reporting the same thing

On 11/30/2022 at 6:51 PM, tvtime07 said:

What are all your thoughts on Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough? 

Was thinking the same.  Honestly, both of them came out pretty well and the show is going on with an extra hour added at that. The ET report made the comparison as well.

On 11/30/2022 at 7:26 PM, wabceyewitness said:

Agreed. You often see coworkers more hours a day than family, so it's natural that as human beings feelings develop. Extra marital affairs are wrong, but it's not the public's business. Audiences should be focused on TJ and Amy's work as journalists, not seeking personal narratives. (TO BE FAIR one could argue that journalists hunt  personal narratives in other peoples lives, but want to privacy when it comes to their own).

Morality clauses can be an overarch. Cheating on your spouse shouldn't affect your job unless you're in a position like a religious institution or something of that nature. Where does the line begin and end for how much work can dictate your personal life? It can be tricky.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Briella said:

Some tea on the subject: Amy Robach cheated on her 1st husband with her current husband only to now cheat on him with TJ Holmes?! & to top it off they were caught by a PI hired by TJ’s wife who is an ATTORNEY

Hopefully there's prenups involved for both their sakes. If that would do any good.