Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

4 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

But does GMA3: What You Need To Know remain after the pandemic or will it be replaced by a new program or just turn over the 2:00 p.m. hour to affiliates with General Hospital moving to the 1:00 p.m. feed?

Like what is ABC's plan once the pandemic is over?

I know it's semantics, but no one knows when the pandemic is going to be "over."  I don't think there's going to be a date on which people say "okay, we've won, back to normal."  There will come a time when a vaccine is widely distributed, deaths and hospitalizations decrease, and the story is no longer the story of the day. But that will happen gradually.  

As has been mentioned, ABC has already begun positioning it to be a general news hour that doesn't rely on COVID coverage. I'm sure the program will continue as long as ABC is satisfied with its ratings or until they come up with a better idea.

Edited by mountainave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Keke not surprised of cancellation of SSK.

ABC has not officially confirmed its cancellation.

I think ABC News knows that they have to walk on egg shells about announcing the cancellation of  SSK, a show presented by two African American leads.  Having Keke present her thoughts publicly is part of the process to ease the sting. They're also probably figuring out where Sara Haines will land within the ABC News family (many on social media are hoping her to come back to The View). They are probably still fine-tuning what the permanent look of GMA3:WYNTK is going forward too. Once they know these answers, they will will probably address the cancellation. 

Edited by tvtime07

They already scrubbed it from their website and replaced with gma3 wyntk. They don’t have to officially cancel it since it’s technically still airing gma3 with a different format and anchor. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

They already scrubbed it from their website and replaced with gma3 wyntk. They don’t have to officially cancel it since it’s technically still airing gma3 with a different format and anchor. 

True, but they still need to create some sort of resolution and announce that the evolution of GMA3 continues. 

Do they really need to announce it though? They run promos featuring Robach and her new show daily. At this point it doesn’t  seem likely that they’re going to announce the “cancellation” of the old format  when they’ve been heavily promoting the Robach edition since at least April or May.

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

Do they really need to announce it though? They run promos featuring Robach and her new show daily. At this point it doesn’t  seem likely that they’re going to announce the “cancellation” of the old format  when they’ve been heavily promoting the Robach edition since at least April or May.

At the very least they would need to announce where Sara Haines is going, they owe her some sort of announcement. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticed that GMA is laxing some of the TS protocols by having reporters present their pieces in the studio again. Robin, Ginger and Lara are still based at home but there has been 3 people at the desk daily for the last month or more, mostly Amy and TJ with another fill-in for either George or Michael.

I wonder when we’ll see The View, LIVE! return to their studio.

7 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Noticed that GMA is laxing some of the TS protocols by having reporters present their pieces in the studio again. 

Great to hear that things are slowly going back to normal.

7 hours ago, MorningNews said:

I wonder when we’ll see The View, LIVE! return to their studio.

It's been said Live will go back to the studio for its newest season (the premiere on Monday will be held outdoors).

No word as of yet on The View.

I watched yesterday. Amy, TJ, and Tom Llamas were appropriately distanced at the desk. We don't know what types of protocol they have behind the scenes. Let's give them a break. It's nice to see anchors behind the desk and together once again.

• Like 1

Give them a break from what? I certainly wasn’t insinuating what they should or should not be doing. Just that it’s comforting to see some elements of the show return to normal.

Janai Norman has also returned to the studio for Pop News on the weekend editions. It’s simply good to see them all together again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to hear TJ is joining GMA3! Both he and Robach should be the heirs of GMA in my opinion whenever Robin or George decide to move on eventually, they both work great together. 

New logo on the promo, and I'm guessing new graphics (or slight adjustments) come next week:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSDNnoBVDY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by tvtime07
  • Like 1

This is fantastic. I’ve watched more GMA this year than I have in several years, so I’m not sure how often Amy and TJ were paired before but their dynamic throughout much of this year has been awesome. That said, TJ is good with nearly everyone he’s paired with going back to his CNN days.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MorningNews said:

This is fantastic. I’ve watched more GMA this year than I have in several years, so I’m not sure how often Amy and TJ were paired before but their dynamic throughout much of this year has been awesome. That said, TJ is good with nearly everyone he’s paired with going back to his CNN days.

45 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I think both Amy and T.J. are a great pair. That being said, I'm not sure if the hard news hour will be a long term-thing. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC goes back to lifestyle and entertainment when the news cycle is less busy compared to now with the election and the pandemic.

This is where ABC excels in looking to the future. They know how to identify rising stars and put them in a position to be ready to slide into a bigger role. CBS should take note. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I think both Amy and T.J. are a great pair. That being said, I'm not sure if the hard news hour will be a long term-thing. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC goes back to lifestyle and entertainment when the news cycle is less busy compared to now with the election and the pandemic.

That promo seems to hint that, even out of a heavy news cycle, they'll keep a focus on health, finance, informative subjects, and uplifting stories, which certainly differentiates it from the earlier hours.