Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

"GMA" trying to be more serious in their opening shot with the tunnel of doorways behind the anchor desk is just silly.  I practically laugh when they put on their 'serious faces.'  They're trying too hard!!!  It's beginning to look ridiculous!  Are the interns in charge these days or what is going on in that studio???  Dan Harris was filling in today, May 1, and Dan can look perfectly serious on the weekend, but today it was nuts.  Maybe it's the camera panning from right to left and the anchors following it with their eyes.  Something is just weird there.  Anyone else notice it being so odd?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

GMA is FINALLY doing something they haven’t done in nearly a decade, and something that the morning shows used to do quite a bit - taking the show on the road.

This summer they’ll broadcast “pop-up” shows from cities selected by viewers. They kicked off today with a pretty good show in Philadelphia. This is the first time I can recall GMA doing this with an entire set constructed to travel like Today has done before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

GMA is FINALLY doing something they haven’t done in nearly a decade - taking the show on the road.

They kicked off today with a pretty good show in Philadelphia. This is the first time I can recall GMA doing this with an entire set constructed to travel like Today has done before.

It was a pretty good show in Philly. I was there and had a great time (cold-as-shit rain and winds aside). Even got to meet, greet and snap pics with Robin and George. The set looked awesome too. This Pop Up Stop summer tour is gonna be a great long-awaited event stunt for GMA.

42 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

It was a pretty good show in Philly. I was there and had a great time (cold-as-shit rain and winds aside). Even got to meet, greet and snap pics with Robin and George. The set looked awesome too. This Pop Up Stop summer tour is gonna be a great long-awaited event stunt for GMA.

I was watching with my dad this morning. Did you get to see Patti LaBelle?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

Page Six reporting that Keke Palmer is very close to going full-time on "Strahan & Sara".... I'm guessing another title change is underway... 

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/30/keke-palmer-to-join-strahan-and-sara-as-a-third-co-host/

They could call it "The Crew" (seeing as how it replaced "The Chew").

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

That third hour show is getting yet another name: GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke

(with Keke Palmer officially promoted to co-host after a successful stint as guest co-host during Sara's maternity leave).

Title sounds like a cross between a video game that should be M-rated and a bad top-40 single.😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kind of wonder whether ABC is regretting last year's cancellation of The Chew... Or regretting the cancellations of beloved soaps All My Children and One Life to Live.

I personally miss seeing the soaps, and OLTL especially was getting better when it ended its run on ABC in 2012.

43 minutes ago, atlnewsfan03 said:

Kind of wonder whether ABC is regretting last year's cancellation of The Chew... Or regretting the cancellations of beloved soaps All My Children and One Life to Live.

I personally miss seeing the soaps, and OLTL especially was getting better when it ended its run on ABC in 2012.

Ditto on that last part. There has been talk floated recently, affirmed by ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke, about ABC potentially reviving either of the two soaps, now that ABC owns the rights to All My Children and One Life to Live again under their prior settlement with Prospect Park. I think reviving AMC or OLTL over ABC's air would be a backup plan (Plan B or, moreso, C), in case the to-be-rechristened GMA3 doesn't work out; it might be likelier that either - if at all - would end up as web series, either on ABC's web platform or on Disney+.

Even if there was a strong possibility that they decided to do a soap revival, there's no chance of bringing back both AMC and OLTL on the ABC daytime lineup, since that would require recouping the hour it ceded to its stations to accommodate those two or offing General Hospital, which doesn't seem like a possibility at this point, even though GH is kinda situated at fourth (last) among the soaps behind Days of Our Lives.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

The only way that the GMA 3rd Hour will work is if they trade the 9:00 hour for the 1:00 Hour, regardless of who hosts it.

Not going to happen because of Live with Kelly and whoever is co-hosting now occupies that slot*

* I know that it's an Syndicated show, but it's syndicated by ABC, and airs on ABC O&O's 

Edited by elfuego35

1 hour ago, T.L. Hughes said:

Ditto on that last part. There has been talk floated recently, affirmed by ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke, about ABC potentially reviving either of the two soaps, now that ABC owns the rights to All My Children and One Life to Live again under their prior settlement with Prospect Park. I think reviving AMC or OLTL over ABC's air would be a backup plan (Plan B or, moreso, C), in case the to-be-rechristened GMA3 doesn't work out; it might be likelier that either - if at all - would end up as web series, either on ABC's web platform or on Disney+.

Even if there was a strong possibility that they decided to do a soap revival, there's no chance of bringing back both AMC and OLTL on the ABC daytime lineup, since that would require recouping the hour it ceded to its stations to accommodate those two or offing General Hospital, which doesn't seem like a possibility at this point, even though GH is kinda situated at fourth (last) among the soaps behind Days of Our Lives.

They could both come back as half hour soaps.

Bringing back both costs too much.

As for the re-titled midday show, 'Strahan, Sara & Keke' doesn't flow AT ALL. I'd hope that this is a holdover til the daytime premieres next week (the renaming coinciding with Keke's birthday today). That said, 'GMA3' isn't that bad, now that I've had time to think about it. It has 3 hosts and is the 3rd hour of the flagship. Even if it sounds more like a Korean boy band than a show, it's easier to say and brand than the 3 hosts.

Edited by 24994J
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Bringing back both costs too much.

As for the re-titled midday show, 'Strahan, Sara & Keke' doesn't flow AT ALL. I'd hope that this is a holdover til the daytime premieres next week (the renaming coinciding with Keke's birthday today). That said, 'GMA3' is that bad, now that I've had time to think about it. It has 3 hosts and is the 3rd hour of the flagship. Even if it sounds more like a Korean boy band than a show, it's easier to say and brand than the 3 hosts.

Why would it be holdover til next week? If that was the case why not keep the old name until next week. 

Also, did you mean to say “isn’t that bad”?

Edited by TVNewsLover

1 minute ago, TVNewsLover said:

Why would it be holdover til next week? If that was the case why not keep the old name until next week. 

I mean like go heavy on the 3 names now, get the viewers used to the permanent trio, but dial that back after a bit and use the GMA3 more prominently later. Convoluted, yes, but the show's had so many names in a year, already, would it be that surprising?

Good Afternoon America was probably the best.  That said, over the last few years ABC has gone heavy on the acronym, ditching most references to "Good Morning America" in favor of "G-M-A."  So, in that sense, the fact that they came up with 'GMA3' is not terribly surprising.  (Not far off from GMA Day.)

GMA3 sounds like the strain of a virus your doctor would vaccinate you for.

• Haha 5