Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

I think anyone could do the fill-in once, as Robach and Vega have proven to have the versatility, but yes, I'd assume some combo of those latter 3, and maybe others. I would guess that there might not be a regular, official fill-in.

I don't think Lara and Michael fit well together.  There seems to be some underlying tension between the two whenever they have to co-host a segment on GMA.  It frankly comes across to me as Lara thinks she is the superior host and has to call all the shots.  I'm just not a fan of hers.  Adrienne Bankert can be fun and quick-witted like Sara, so I'm  hoping they'll be using her to fill in when the time comes.  Paula would be great, too, though.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Viper550 said:

Surprising at first, but I very much like this new title (and not just because I really disliked the former). The new set looks really great (even if is on stage left of the studio in comparison). 

Strahan and Haines have become a great hosting duo from the day the show started and has become appointment daytime TV for me since, so this new title is much deserving (for them and us).

34 minutes ago, Eyewitness News-man said:

Surprising at first, but I very much like this new title (and not just because I really disliked the former).

I don't know. It almost seemed like they copied the naming scheme of Pickler & Ben, using the last name of one of the hosts and the first name of the other, which seems like a odd choice to me. Then again, some would probably think Strahan & Haines would sound more like the title of a '70s/'80s buddy detective show than a talk show, too.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

• 3 weeks later...

Black Pink USA debut blows away GMA...

Korean KPOP Girl Group "Black Pink" had their USA debut this morning on GMA.

In just 17 hours after the show the youtube views have blown away just about any other GMA segment out of the water in views.

GMA Youtube views were at 1.1 million...
The KGO San Francisco YT site showed 1.25 million views in just 17 hours.

Average views to the GMA pieces are around 1.5k

That has to be a record for GMA and YT views for a single segment.

Update...2.5 million views on just the KGO-7 YT site in under 36 hours.

Jenni, La Lisa, Jisoo and Rose slaying it....

I hope the suits at ABC are paying attention to these bombshell view numbers...cuz Black Pink's in YOUR area...

Go Blinks!

Edited by Eat News
Black Pink In Your Area.

According to Page Six, George Stephanopolous is staying with GMA and ABC after signing a new deal for 4 years worth $18 million. This comes after attempts from CBS to snag George for the CBSEN.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/19/george-stephanopoulos-signs-four-year-deal-at-abc/

Edited by MorningNews
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2019 at 1:10 PM, MorningNews said:

According to Page Six, George Stephanopolous is staying with GMA and ABC after signing a new deal for 4 years worth $18 million. This comes after attempts from CBS to snag George for the CBSEN.

https://pagesix.com/2019/02/19/george-stephanopoulos-signs-four-year-deal-at-abc/

That would've been a sweet gig for him -- CBS EN anchor and 60 Minutes correspondent.  Much more in line with his journalistic chops.  But, hey, I guess he likes ABC (and what they're paying).

What could CNN possibly have proposed?  A one-hour primetime show and Blitzer's heir apparent?  Unless, maybe, the CNN proposal was a joint offer with CBS, in the way of Bianna Golodryga.  

Edited by mountainave
  • Like 1

Why would he want to go to CBS? The Evening News is replacing Glor in rapid succession who replaced Scott Pelley in similar fashion.

No amount of talent swaps can really change the course for this show or it’s competitors. People simply don’t watch it like they did before.

2 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Why would he want to go to CBS? The Evening News is replacing Glor in rapid succession who replaced Scott Pelley in similar fashion.

No amount of talent swaps can really change the course for this show or it’s competitors. People simply don’t watch it like they did before.

30 minutes of work instead of 2 hours.  Hard news instead of The Bachelor recaps and viral videos.  Getting to waking up in the morning at 8:00 a.m. instead of 3:00 a.m.  Reporting for 60 Minutes, which is the highest profile program in TV news and something he'd be able to do into his 70s.

Obviously he chose to stay at ABC and will probably make a lot more money than he would have at CBS.  But it isn't as if there were no reason for him to consider CBS's offer.  In fact, according to the NY Post's reporting, he did indeed consider the offer.

Edited by mountainave
  • Like 4

Just now, mountainave said:

30 minutes of work instead of 2 hours.  Hard news instead of The Bachelor recaps and Pop News.  Getting to waking up in the morning at 8:00 a.m. instead of 3:00 a.m.  Reporting for 60 Minutes, which is the highest profile program in TV news and something he'd be able to do into his 70s.

Obviously he chose to stay at ABC.  But it isn't as if there were no reason for him to consider CBS's offer.  In fact, according to the NY Post's reporting, he did indeed consider the offer.

Yes all that and he’ll be able to do it for half a year or so before executives decide the talent is what needs to change.

• Like 1

I agree, I'm not getting the new music choice at all. If they are trying to appear more "newsy" and less "talk show-sy" they need to dump that studio audience in the second hour that drowns out everything they say. And stop with the hosts personal opinions and side remarks! 

• Like 2

Yeah, the last 4 themes for ABC (GMA, Nightline, 2018 Election, and This Week) have been misses, too reliant on percussion, yet quiet and lacking punch. It must be at the direction of the network, but DreamArtists Studios used to put out much better work for them.

Edited by 24994J

54 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Yeah, the last 4 themes for ABC (GMA, Nightline, 2018 Election, and This Week) have been misses, too reliant on percussion, yet quiet and lacking punch. It must be at the direction of the network, but DreamArtists Studios used to put out much better work for them.

And the "Breaking News" theme?

Edited by 24994J

One major thing GMA needs to do is provide a template so stations have uniform tickers. That leaves stations up to their own devices causing a mish match of looks.  They ABC BrandNet box they use has  the capabilities to do CG (they do the time/temp) and DVE effects, so it should be able to handle a ticker.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, 24994J said:

Meh, that was 6 years ago. It's a very good theme that replaced a great theme.

Oh, right. Well, I do love ABC's current "Breaking News" theme the same way I love the one from 1991.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...