Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Fair enough. But Rubin emphasized executives being fed up with Kelly Ripa's demands and ego. We've seen networks make silly decisions with their personalities just to satisfy an executive's egos. Kelly was considered so profitable and important to ABC that they went behind her back to move her handpicked co-host to Good Morning America. GMA is definitely their priority over her.

The concerns of an anonymous idiot who has been known only as "Sources Say" for 35 years and seems to have a regular feature about "Live! Panic!" in the National Enquirer has little to no say in the matter. Ratings are good and stations across the Big Four network aren't dumping the show, and they only dump it because another station offered more money to air it.. The show has vanquished tens of copycat shows in a way most companies can only dream of. The only time they could have cancelled or took it network-exclusive passed the moment Disney purchased ABC and decided to keep Buena VIsta as an outside syndicator.

• Like 1

The concerns of an anonymous idiot who has been known only as "Sources Say" for 35 years and seems to have a regular feature about "Live! Panic!" in the National Enquirer has little to no say in the matter. Ratings are good and stations across the Big Four network aren't dumping the show, and they only dump it because another station offered more money to air it.. The show has vanquished tens of copycat shows in a way most companies can only dream of. The only time they could have cancelled or took it network-exclusive passed the moment Disney purchased ABC and decided to keep Buena VIsta as an outside syndicator.

I should probably edit my post to reflect that the segment was more about getting rid of Ripa than cancelling the entire program. There has been chatter for years now about Kelly’s behavior and ABC’s frustration with it. They were particular peeved about her “protest” 2 years ago.

• Like 1

I should probably edit my post to reflect that the segment was more about getting rid of Ripa than cancelling the entire program. There has been chatter for years now about Kelly’s behavior and ABC’s frustration with it. They were particular peeved about her “protest” 2 years ago.

Funny, because I haven’t heard any of this chatter. The only time she through a fit was with the whole Michael fiasco, and you could arguably say that she was in her right to do so. You have a right to not like Kelly, but no need to fabricate things about her.

• Like 1

Funny, because I haven’t heard any of this chatter. The only time she through a fit was with the whole Michael fiasco, and you could arguably say that she was in her right to do so. You have a right to not like Kelly, but no need to fabricate things about her.

Is your Google broken? There are several stories in the last few years about Kelly's behavior and it was reported as a large factor for Michael wanting to escape.

To the contrary, you don't get to throw a fit with your employer because they make a business decision you disagree with. Anyone else would roll with the punches and continue doing the job they're contracted to do. Does that not constitute diva-like behavior to you?

• Like 2

Ripa is an egotistical lying women. I have had an awful taste in my mouth from her since that whole Strahan thing where she was appalled that someone would not want to be around her nauseating personality on a daily basis.

People said that same thing when Kathie-Lee split from Regis, then it was sure the show was doomed when Regis split from Kelly. The mass hysteria that would ensue from the program being bumped back by an hour would die out rather quickly. Good Morning America is an ABC program owned and produced by ABC so it should have precedence over syndicated programming.

Additionally I know I'll be in the minority but I do actually like the name a lot!

Fair enough. But Rubin emphasized executives being fed up with Kelly Ripa's demands and ego. We've seen networks make silly decisions with their personalities just to satisfy an executive's egos. Kelly was considered so profitable and important to ABC that they went behind her back to move her handpicked co-host to Good Morning America. GMA is definitely their priority over her.

Is your Google broken? There are several stories in the last few years about Kelly's behavior and it was reported as a large factor for Michael wanting to escape.

To the contrary, you don't get to throw a fit with your employer because they make a business decision you disagree with. Anyone else would roll with the punches and continue doing the job they're contracted to do. Does that not constitute diva-like behavior to you?

It's pretty clear you don't like her. My google is not broken. I tried a few search variations and the only things that come up are with regards to the situation with her and Michael. Michael was not looking to escape, but rather, move on to something better. If he wanted to escape he could've quit. Also, she was not pissed because her employer made a business decision she disagreed with. She was pissed because she was blindsided by the whole thing and found out from outside sources. And no, not everyone else would have rolled with the punches, some people do have some self-dignity.

There has been chatter for years now about Kelly’s behavior and ABC’s frustration with it. They were particular peeved about her “protest” 2 years ago.

She was rightfully angry because they were changing her show because of the random whim of ABC News. She's not part of ABC News, and she had the right to feel offended because of that. She took a week off, came back and decided to go right back to work, speak of it once and let the ratings in the time she hosted with guests speak for themselves. It happened. It's long over. At this point no matter how much influence Ryan might have, it truly is Kelly's and Gelman's show to do with what they want, and ABC-Disney isn't going to let them go to someplace like CBS, which would only be happy to dump Let's Make a Deal and give them full rein.

Men pull this stuff off too, but we don't hear about it in the tabloid media because it doesn't fit their 'all women are difficult and are Real Housewives off-camera' narrative. The lesson; don't anger your talent for fun, because it'll come back to bite you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
She was rightfully angry because they were changing her show because of the random whim of ABC News. She's not part of ABC News, and she had the right to feel offended because of that. She took a week off, came back and decided to go right back to work, speak of it once and let the ratings in the time she hosted with guests speak for themselves. It happened. It's long over. At this point no matter how much influence Ryan might have, it truly is Kelly's and Gelman's show to do with what they want, and ABC-Disney isn't going to let them go to someplace like CBS, which would only be happy to dump Let's Make a Deal and give them full rein.

Men pull this stuff off too, but we don't hear about it in the tabloid media because it doesn't fit their 'all women are difficult and are Real Housewives off-camera' narrative. The lesson; don't anger your talent for fun, because it'll come back to bite you.

A little late to this, but.... 'Live' existed before Kelly and will likely exist after she's gone. ABC doesn't owe her anything. They hired her and if they so choose, could get rid of her. Everyone involved could've handled the Mike situation better, but what's done is done. Granted, she has played a big part in keeping the ship afloat over the years, that doesn't mean she gets to say/do whatever she wants. The last thing you want to do is feed an ego like hers. The same can be said if she were a guy.

Like you said ' don't anger your talent...,' the same can be said about angering your employer.

Edited by jase
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
That's pretty random...but I think they could have worked out well. I think ABC wanted a younger fresher version of Joan Lunden and Diane Sawyer wasn't really that.

I’m aware, but Lisa was too green for the job at the time.

• Like 2

[MEDIA=twitter]1046743591630954496[/MEDIA]

New GMA gfx on the way?

— Matt

Since you posted this GMA seems to be the only one that does this. CBS TM and Today all say that they are sister networks or a division of CBS Corporation or for NBC a division NBCUniversal or Comcast.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sara Haines announced on GMA Day that she is expecting.  Will be interesting to see who is rotated through that spot to fill in.  Doesn't strike me as one that a serious journo like Amy Robach or Cecilia Vega would fit in.  I imagine we could see Paula Faris, Adrienne Bankert, or Lara Spencer.