Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

They should do the following

7:00 am GMA

9:00 am Live with Kelly & Ryan/Local

10:00 am GMA

11a-1p. Local (somewhere in here the soap)

1:00pm The View

2:00 pm Local

But I’m not a programming executive

That show is in syndication; it isn't a universal show on all ABC affiliates. They can't and would never be able to move it up or back because of the various contracts they have with individual stations (including CBS/NBC/Fox affiliates). I'm surprised they didn't just bump The View to noon and try GMA at 11am, where it would still be the actual morning.

There are a lot of these issues coming; WFAA actually delays it a day to carry it at 11am, while several stations delay it until 2pm same-day because they've got their own noon newscasts. On a big breaking news day? Nobody is going to be watching a tape-delayed newscast from the day before or even three hours.

News is on noon eastern. They could bump the View to the afternoon. Live is not an ABC network program, but most ABC stations do carry it.

Also, the quote you referenced says it from me, but it’s not!

• Like 1

If I was at ABC Daytime, I'd be filling the schedule with game shows-- Three on a Match at 10am, Winfall (an unsold Merv Griffin pilot from 1988) at 10:30, Run for the Money (a pilot shot for ABC in 1987 that became Going for Gold in the UK) at 1:00, Split Second at 2:00 and The Big Showdown at 2:30.

Here we go again, with the game shows from the 70s no one has heard of. Give it a break. Thankfully you’re not ABC.

They should do the following

7:00 am GMA

9:00 am Live with Kelly & Ryan/Local

10:00 am GMA

11a-1p. Local

1:00pm The View

2:00 pm Local

But I’m not a programming executive

Or make The View air at 2:00pm to cure the ABC affiliates in other time zones who rather air news at noon, than at 11:00 a.m. Yes, I'm talking to you, WFAA and KSAT.

I'm reading a lot they should move it after "Live!" but in Columbus and some other markets, It is not on a ABC station but Our CBS station WBNS.

Did you know that it originally aired on WCMH? When NBC bought WCMH from Outlet it was moved to WBNS for the 1996-97 TV season and it’s been there since. Wouldn’t mind seeing Live move to WSYX.

Good Morning America expands to 3 hours, taking up an afternoon timeslot:

[MEDIA=tumblr]did=2c015217d989ad8c36ecdad0deec8e44464f9f41;id=174184939726;key=8_Dml3Phzltc37h7f2CXAw;name=abcnewspr[/MEDIA]

The Chew is being sacrificed to bring the 3rd hour of GMA to life.

I think unless ABC wants to bring back Good Afternoon America and air it in the 3pm ET slot then the 3rd Hour of GMA needs to be at 9am ET

Did you know that it originally aired on WCMH? When NBC bought WCMH from Outlet it was moved to WBNS for the 1996-97 TV season and it’s been there since. Wouldn’t mind seeing Live move to WSYX.

No Live Regis & Kathie Lee orinigally aired on WSYX in the 80s at 9am then it moved to WCMH around 93-94 then moved to WBNS late 90s. I'm need you to take a trip to the main library downtown Columbus and pull up the old tv schedules on microfilm.

Once again the Mouse House at ABC thinks the audience needs another Lifestyle and news show. Because NBC does it doesn't mean ABC needs to be a copycat. So when 2022 will daytime tv be game shows, and news shows? These same shows can be found on cable and you have cable news on all day. Television audience needs to be entertained and as long Cheeto man, in D.C. on Penn Ave. How long could the audience endure his reality show? The viewers need escape television that will make them forget about their problems and the problems around the world.

If I was at ABC Daytime, I'd be filling the schedule with game shows-- Three on a Match at 10am, Winfall (an unsold Merv Griffin pilot from 1988) at 10:30, Run for the Money (a pilot shot for ABC in 1987 that became Going for Gold in the UK) at 1:00, Split Second at 2:00 and The Big Showdown at 2:30.

Well while you are begging for money from the network to produce those game shows...

Enjoy this 3rd hour from your friends at ABC.

Sorry...

No game shows.

How long could the audience endure his reality show? The viewers need escape television that will make them forget about their problems and the problems around the world.

That's why we have vices...

drinking...

drugs...

candy crush...

call of duty...

Ok, ok...

I watch LMAD and TPIR...but only for the "visuals".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Paula Farris moving off the weekend editions of GMA. Not sure who they'll tap to replace her but should be interesting.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/paula-faris-will-depart-gma-weekend-and-the-view/370590

Interesting,

I know it does not say it in the article...

I wonder if her departure has anything todo with her getting a spot on the third hour of Good Morning America

• Like 1

Paula Farris moving off the weekend editions of GMA. Not sure who they'll tap to replace her but should be interesting.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/paula-faris-will-depart-gma-weekend-and-the-view/370590

My bet is on Cecilia Vega replacing her on GMA. Bigger question is who will replace her on the Friday episodes of the View. Ana Navarro perhaps?

My bet is on Cecilia Vega replacing her on GMA. Bigger question is who will replace her on the Friday episodes of the View. Ana Navarro perhaps?

Maybe. But, Cecilia is also a high-profile political reporter for the network who is WNT more often than not.

• Like 1

Interesting,

I know it does not say it in the article...

I wonder if her departure has anything todo with her getting a spot on the third hour of Good Morning America

The release from ABC suggests the intention is to free up her schedule by removing her from regular anchoring duties. So, unless they do a 180, it seems unlikely that she'd end up with a host role for the third hour.

My bet is on Cecilia Vega replacing her on GMA.

Maybe. But serving as White House Correspondent is a pretty high-profile gig, especially with the current administration. And she is already a regular fill-in on weekday GMA. Giving those things up to be anchor of weekend GMA might amount to a demotion, unless she prefers it.

• Like 1

The release from ABC suggests the intention is to free up her schedule by removing her from regular anchoring duties. So, unless they do a 180, it seems unlikely that she'd end up with a host role for the third hour.

Maybe. But serving as White House Correspondent is a pretty high-profile gig, especially with the current administration. And she is already a regular fill-in on weekday GMA. Giving those things up to be anchor of weekend GMA might amount to a demotion, unless she prefers it.

My bet is to bring someone from the Today Show who could replace Paula