Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there ever a time when Good Morning America isn’t discussing The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars? It’s sad how bad this show has gotten. Today is no better. Here’s to CTM taking over the mornings race and hopefully forcing the other two to change course.

• Like 2

Is there ever a time when Good Morning America isn’t discussing The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars? It’s sad how bad this show has gotten. Today is no better. Here’s to CTM taking over the mornings race and hopefully forcing the other two to change course.

CBS is still number 3 and still hasn't topped 4 Million viewers let alone on a weekly basis. That i hardly taking over the Morning race. It still in the cellar like it been for 40 years

Noticed that Amy doesn’t read the headlines anymore. In fact they don’t even do headlines at 8 A.M. Amy does still appear throughout the show and sits at the desk with Robin, George and Michael throughout the 7 A.M. hour. Lara doesn’t appear until the second hour of the show.

• Like 1

Noticed that Amy doesn’t read the headlines anymore. In fact they don’t even do headlines at 8 A.M. Amy does still appear throughout the show and sits at the desk with Robin, George and Michael throughout the 7 A.M. hour. Lara doesn’t appear until the second hour of the show.

Good Morning America lost its direction after bringing in Michael Strahan full time and positioning him at the same level as Robin and George.

Amy is replacing Elizabeth Vargas on 20/20 later this year so we’ll see how long after that she remains on Good Morning America.

• Like 2

Good Morning America lost its direction after bringing in Michael Strahan full time and positioning him at the same level as Robin and George.

Amy is replacing Elizabeth Vargas on 20/20 later this year so we’ll see how long after that she remains on Good Morning America.

Completely agree the show doesn’t really seem to have a sense of itself with Michael there. Losing Amy would be a big blow in my opinion as she should be Robin’s replacement soon.

The Michael experiment isn’t working and he hasn’t turned out to be the hit he was supposed to be. Hopefully he’ll leave soon enough

• Like 9

I was actually about to ask how the anchors are each being utilized these days, as I haven't watched a full show recently. I do find it interesting that on GMA's social media pages and on goodmorningamerica.com, the photo they highlight shows only Robin, George, and Michael. That elevates Michael's importance while minimizing Lara's and Amy's. (Once upon a time, those images showed the full cast of Robin, George, Amy, Ginger, Michael, and Jesse.)

I'd prefer to see Robin, George, and Amy in the first hour, with Michael and Lara appearing in the second.

• Like 6

I'm a teacher and caught GMA one day last week during a snow day. I found Michael's presence to be annoying, and the studio audience thing towards the end just seems out of place.

Also, what has always bothered me about Michael, WHY DOESN'T HE FIX the gap in his teeth?! Drives me nuts!

• Like 1

Add me in to the GMA dislike bandwagon.

Sometimes I also DVR when a certain guest appears or after certain news scandal or alert took place. Other than that, the show lost its way with me for a long while since after Michael joined. He shouldn't have left Live where he was much better (although I wouldn't blame him if Kelly Ripa caused him to leave. Can't stand that wench anymore.)

Also...

CBS is still number 3 and still hasn't topped 4 million viewers let alone on a weekly basis. That I hardly [call] taking over the morning race. It's still in the cellar like it has been for 40 years

Then, I'd rather watch a number-3-rated morning show that actually provides the news I need and care about, rather than another that does about a handful of news and about 90 minutes of worthless fluff and features about two garbage reality shows I supremely do not.

• Like 3

I never understood the idea behind having Michael Strahan appear at the desk at 7am and present serious news stories, as if her were an actual journalist. It's annoying and, quite frankly, an insult to viewers who are putting their trust in ABC News that someone dependable will be giving them information about terror attacks, politics, extreme weather, etc. Not to mention it being an insult to Robin, George, Amy and all the other actual journalists at ABC News. It's a shame because I really enjoy watching GMA when George does political interviews so now I just try to catch those when they're posted online.

It's nothing against Strahan - I liked him a lot on "Live!" - but his skills there do not translate to being part of the 7am crowd at GMA. I wish they would have restricted him to just leading the 8am hour with the studio audience and participating in some 7am segments.

I have found myself lately watching CBS This Morning a lot, Good Day New York, and have been sampling Today since Savannah and Hoda took over.

• Like 5

I never understood the idea behind having Michael Strahan appear at the desk at 7am and present serious news stories, as if her were an actual journalist. It's annoying and, quite frankly, an insult to viewers who are putting their trust in ABC News that someone dependable will be giving them information about terror attacks, politics, extreme weather, etc. Not to mention it being an insult to Robin, George, Amy and all the other actual journalists at ABC News. It's a shame because I really enjoy watching GMA when George does political interviews so now I just try to catch those when they're posted online.

It's nothing against Strahan - I liked him a lot on "Live!" - but his skills there do not translate to being part of the 7am crowd at GMA. I wish they would have restricted him to just leading the 8am hour with the studio audience and participating in some 7am segments.

I have found myself lately watching CBS This Morning a lot, Good Day New York, and have been sampling Today since Savannah and Hoda took over.

This is an opinion I can agree with. The notion that Michael is only good at football and breathing, and fails at every aspect of this role is silly. I firmly agree that he should not appear alongside George and Robin for the first half hour or two, but he is more than capable of being on the panel and contributing when they move upstairs.

Fun fact: it's hard to believe, but Robin and George have quietly become the 2nd-longest tenured anchor duo in GMA's history, only behind Charlie and Joan.

• Like 3

This is an opinion I can agree with. The notion that Michael is only good at football and breathing, and fails at every aspect of this role is silly. I firmly agree that he should not appear alongside George and Robin for the first half hour or two, but he is more than capable of being on the panel and contributing when they move upstairs.

Fun fact: it's hard to believe, but Robin and George have quietly become the 2nd-longest tenured anchor duo in GMA's history, only behind Charlie and Joan.

Didn't even realize that but wow. I remember George's first day on GMA - he and Robin have grown to be quite the duo.

• Like 1

I think Joan and Charlie are still the longest morning team. I think they top Katie and the rapist.