Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

A rather significant set update this morning, with the debut of a brand new desk in a new location. In what is likely a poor concept over the long run, the home base is essentially in the middle of the 1st floor studio, using the weather wall (don't know if weather has moved) as a distant backdrop. I like the desk (hated the last one, still love the 2nd version of the ribbon one), though the logo placement is a little too distorted with the desk front's sharp curve. It makes me wonder if new graphics or at least an update are coming soon, seeing how new desks seem to come around the same time.

609688710_bandicam2017-02-0614-23-30-996.thumb.jpg.71d7a5f186a2454a49ce4e1f9b827f36.jpg

1796282736_bandicam2017-02-0614-27-15-013.thumb.jpg.81fd8ea5dd6b96962521e8826e98079e.jpg

187510206_bandicam2017-02-0614-23-56-393.thumb.jpg.b9bfb66a709207b3b40899d8f3239b8d.jpg

1067163987_bandicam2017-02-0614-25-56-146.thumb.jpg.df63f39b925c451dd488682040034212.jpg

1393291797_bandicam2017-02-0614-26-24-668.thumb.jpg.2eefa53f207b9c353e9bfac7a341e755.jpg

Boy, they must be printing out money over at GMA for them to be getting set refreshes every few years. At this rate, GMA and The View probably have a warehouse filled with old set pieces that get canned after very little use.

• Like 2

I like the desk and the look A LOT!

Haven't seen the show in so long. Have things changed from where they were last year? Is Michael still there as a 3rd co-anchor?

Yes, but he's almost always off on Mondays after football, though he and Jesse were live in Houston. No one gets to sit at the desk in his absence, though George and Robin still get a fill-in. Amy will get to sit in at 8, in place of Michael or Lara, and Lara isn't really seen til then, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The weekend Pop News segment has been without a regular anchor since Sara Haines moved to The View full-time. WNN anchor Diane Macedo has seen the most airtime in the role, but they appear to still be auditioning someone for the role, based on this video. After losing the 6pm SportsCenter anchor chair, ESPN-er Lindsay Czarniak recorded a test run with Dan Harris, but I have a feeling she's not going to make the cut.

I challenge any of you to make it even halfway through this (before it's taken down, of course)...

[MEDIA=vimeo]204871940[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

She did a pretty good job in my opinion. With the rest of the anchors there, some graphics, etc., I'm sure it would go even smoother. I may be a little biased, I watched Lindsay co-host the NBC4 Washington talk show Daily Connection (where she met husband Craig Melvin). If it's not GMA, it's gonna be something big because she's quite talented

Does ABC have a standardized affiliate ticker design for GMA and ATM like CBS and NBC? WMAR currently just uses the national news ticker. If it's not standard what designs do affiliates use?

Additionally is the bug where the show logo, time and temp inserted locally (as opposed to just the time/temp)? I ask because sometimes the bug doesn't appear immediately and doesn't appear to be lined up with the rest of the graphics? Or is it just a design to add depth - which doesn't make sense as their graphics are flat.

[MEDIA=imgur]pSNSI4G[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=imgur]LlWlrLD[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Does ABC have a standardized affiliate ticker design for GMA and ATM like CBS and NBC? WMAR currently just uses the national news ticker. If it's not standard what designs do affiliates use?

Additionally is the bug where the show logo, time and temp inserted locally (as opposed to just the time/temp)? I ask because sometimes the bug doesn't appear immediately and doesn't appear to be lined up with the rest of the graphics? Or is it just a design to add depth - which doesn't make sense as their graphics are flat.

It's pretty much 'fill the space to the pixel' for the local ticker; font doesn't matter. And from what I've seen, the T/T bug works off the same system as the affiliate logo system; you'll never see both elements appear at the same time.

It's pretty much 'fill the space to the pixel' for the local ticker; font doesn't matter. And from what I've seen, the T/T bug works off the same system as the affiliate logo system; you'll never see both elements appear at the same time.

Okay, so it sounds like the ticker is a separate device and likely a general CG unit at the station opposed to the one box solution at NBC and CBS.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jesse Palmer is leaving GMA for DailyMailTV. It sucks because Jesse is a good host and fits in well.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/jesse-palmer-leaving-abc-news-for-dailymailtv/337821

First time I saw Jesse was a few weeks ago on $100,000 Pyramid, which Michael hosts. Was surprised how quick and on point he was with the game play.

They mentioned he was part of GMA - thought he was part of the weekend team. Didn't realize he had come on the weekday show a year before Michael.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...