Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

So this morning there was no newsreader. George and Robin handled all of the segments, George briefly read the headlines at about 7:15 then they had Lara a story on the Oscars.

Tom Llamas read the headlines at the toth 8AM.

Thanks I was wondering how they handled it at 8am since I was out of the door by then. Yesterday Paula Farris read the news at 8 am and I assumed she was filling in for Amy but now I'm wondering if they did the same thing as they did today having George read them at 7 and a correspondent at 8.

• 3 weeks later...

Robin Roberts was interviewed for 'Windy City Live' on WLS, and she revealed some interesting and unfortunate medical changes that she's faced SINCE her health setbacks. Not a part of the initial conversation, a post-interview compliment of Roberts' glasses led to this admission. This just proves that whether cancer or other problems, the personal struggle sometimes never goes away.

Sooooo... I think I may be starting to see the point of everyone who said GMA maybe making a huge mistake by focusing on Michael Strahan. Though it's still yet to be seen how much the show will change with him at the helm I really just don't think he meshes well with anyone else besides Robin. Jesse Palmer is so much better with the team including George. Jesse could also be groomed for a larger role on the show one day where as I don't see Michael ever taking the reigns of the program.

This is all coming to me while watching GMA regularly the past few weeks. That being said we have no idea who will be on the show in 5 years, but I doubt Robin and George stay around forever. ABC needs to start building up talent to replace them.

• Like 2

Wait a second. Michael is going to be the new anchor? God no. He has no journalism background. The only thing he knows how to do is throw a football and host a game show.

Sooooo... I think I may be starting to see the point of everyone who said GMA maybe making a huge mistake by focusing on Michael Strahan. Though it's still yet to be seen how much the show will change with him at the helm I really just don't think he meshes well with anyone else besides Robin. Jesse Palmer is so much better with the team including George. Jesse could also be groomed for a larger role on the show one day where as I don't see Michael ever taking the reigns of the program.

This is all coming to me while watching GMA regularly the past few weeks. That being said we have no idea who will be on the show in 5 years, but I doubt Robin and George stay around forever. ABC needs to start building up talent to replace them.

As a regular GMA viewer, I agree 100%. Jesse is more natural in that position. I can honestly see him in George's chair down the line, whereas, it's hard for me to picture what role Michael really fulfill on the show. Michael should have stayed with Kelly. It's so cringeworthy seeing him presenting and interacting with others on the show.

As far as successors for Robin and George, I think Amy definitely should get the job whenever Robin decides to leave and I'd keep an eye on Dan Harris, Jesse Palmer, and TJ Holmes for George.

As a regular GMA viewer, I agree 100%. Jesse is more natural in that position. I can honestly see him in George's chair down the line, whereas, it's hard for me to picture what role Michael really fulfill on the show. Michael should have stayed with Kelly. It's so cringeworthy seeing him presenting and interacting with others on the show.

As far as successors for Robin and George, I think Amy definitely should get the job whenever Robin decides to leave and I'd keep an eye on Dan Harris, Jesse Palmer, and TJ Holmes for George.

Yeah just how bad he is has become more noticeable since they've had him on lately, he fumbles over everything and he's just not as quick as most other morning people tend to be. I feel like everyone else on the show cringes too watching Michael "do his thing"

Hopefully they realize this before it's too late. Maybe Michael's prime time career takes off and that pulls him from GMA?

As far as Robin's replacement, it's got to be Amy. Been a fan of hers since she was on WT, and the person she clicks with best on the show is Jesse. Jesse and Amy could be a really great anchor team, but so could Amy and TJ. Both those guys are really great.

• Like 1

Would David Muir move from the official flagship program of the network to GMA? (despite GMA sort of being the unofficial flagship)

Also David isn't really that strong on GMA and never has been I remember going back to days where he filled in for Diane with Robin and he's not really morning show personality to me.

Would David Muir move from the official flagship program of the network to GMA? (despite GMA sort of being the unofficial flagship)

Also David isn't really that strong on GMA and never has been I remember going back to days where he filled in for Diane with Robin and he's not really morning show personality to me.

Agreed, but neither was George when he started and I think he has come around quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching Jesse today on GMA and he would be perfect replacement for George. I think ABC f'ed up with hiring Michael. My dream team would be Amy, Jeff TJ Holmes (news reader) and Ginger and Sara Haines.

I'm watching Jeff today on GMA and he would be perfect replacement for George. I think ABC f'ed up with hiring Michael. My dream team would be Amy, Jeff TJ Holmes (news reader) and Ginger and Sara Haines.

No kidding!!! BIG TIME!!!!

Forgive me but, Jeff? Who's he? I haven't been watching GMA or ABC News for that matter since Micheal was taken off LIVE.

When is WISN's contract with ABC up? Might be time for a change....

• Like 4

When is WISN's contract with ABC up? Might be time for a change....

I'm pretty sure that WISN is one of ABC's top stations. For a while, they were #1. I'm not sure they still are, but they're definitely up there.

Additionally, Hearst has a particularly strong relationship with ABC.

There's near zero chance of WISN switching to a different network, even if one were available.

(Oh, and Michael didn't "get taken off" LIVE, he got a better job offer from the network and chose to leave.)

I'm watching Jeff today on GMA and he would be perfect replacement for George. I think ABC f'ed up with hiring Michael. My dream team would be Amy, Jeff TJ Holmes (news reader) and Ginger and Sara Haines.

Granted I haven't been able to watch much the last few weeks, but who the hell is Jeff?

Lara is going in for hip replacement surgery. The general recovery time is 4 to 6 weeks. Good luck to her, of course, but I wonder is there's ANY chance that she gets shelved/reassigned while she's gone...even though that move seems more like something out of the Today show playbook.

[MEDIA=twitter]763711050608807936[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

Lara is going in for hip replacement surgery. The general recovery time is 4 to 6 weeks. Good luck to her, of course, but I wonder is there's ANY chance that she gets shelved/reassigned while she's gone...even though that move seems more like something out of the Today show playbook.

[MEDIA=twitter]763711050608807936[/MEDIA]

We could only be so lucky...

This could be me over analyzing but David Muir looks annoyed co hosting GMA for the past few days. He comes off more dry than George which I never thought I'll see. It is understandable though as he is normally by himself on the evenings