Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Plus, right now he's also busy taping a summer revival of The $100,000 Pyramid for ABC- that's even more, so he's gotta drop something if he wants a remotely workable schedule.

Taping 10 or episodes of a one hour game is not a big commitment at all. He should be done within in a week or so, if not already.

I could see Michael taking on Pop News and doing more of the fluffy stuff while Lara takes on more serious news in an attempt by ABC to add a male to the mix and also maybe improve on Lara's image as a more newsy anchor.

She is done with the breakfast shows.

Expect to see Lara push for more prime time entertainment / hosting type duties that focus more on her abilities in a singular role.

On today's episode of "As All My Young and Restless Days of our Daytime Drama Lives Turns":

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-kelly-ripa-live-20160422-story.html

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/04/23/kelly-ripa-michael-strahan-live-abc/

Kelly will be back to work on Tuesday. She needed some time away to process this all. There's a distinct possibility Michael may be gone before September. ABC has given Kelly assurances Live won't be cancelled, although if GMA expands, it could get moved to 10am.

• Like 2

I think it's a matter of time until GMA expands, they're leaving money on the table. After all, there was some speculation a year ago that Ben Sherwood wanted to cancel The View and put a third GMA hour at 11 (which I don't think would have been that great an idea). As others have said, Live is too successful for it to be outright cancelled and moving it to 10 could face some resistance from the affiliates.

GMA's problem to me is that they just have too many cooks in the kitchen and this just compounds that. They're obviously all hands on deck since Today is gaining some and has the Summer Olympics coming in the distance but what will Lara's role be with Strahan in the mix? Seems to be there's another move coming.

• 1 month later...

The Amy thing is new but for the last few weeks they've been very news driven the first hour. Where have they moved Amy? I'm confident she will still be apart of the show for a long time to come, as she's the only one who fills in for Robin.

Also if they're revamping this program come this fall there's no way they can keep Lara Spencer. She is absolutely the only unbearable on the show!

At the start of the 7:30am half hour today, George announced that they would be broadcasting even more news in the half hour.

GMA is serious, I'm curious to see what they do come fall 2016.

I don't know if I'll go that far on that last line. Calling the buzzworthy, fear mongering, sky is falling stories "news" still doesn't make them news.

So, yes, I did do a double take when he made that statement, but then he immediately started talking about Johnny Depp's divorce, and I turned off the TV and threw it out my window.

• Like 2

I turned off the TV and threw it out my window.

Someone can get hurt just as bad no matter if you turn the tv off first...before or after you throw it out the window.

I hope you don't live in a Hi-rise.

GMA appears to have a new segments: "The Big Board" with experts/analysts weighing in on the day's hot topics and "Hot Shot" the day's viral pictures and/or videos. Plus they're starting to use Michael much more throughout the show and less Lara Spencer.

GMA appears to have a new segments: "The Big Board" with experts/analysts weighing in on the day's hot topics and "Hot Shot" the day's viral pictures and/or videos. Plus they're starting to use Michael much more throughout the show and less Lara Spencer.

It's like Pop News and Heat Index had children.... And they're already being exploited!

OTHO, I can enjoy more Michael (and less Lara) on the show. He's naturally bubbly and spontaneous and it works towards its favor. Why can't they make him official already?

• Like 2

I didn't catch it today but all week they had been promoting that Robin would be anchoring live from new Disney park in Shanghai on Wednesday (the day after the shark attack) so I'm guessing it was a little bit awkward.

Anyone notice that Lara's role is being significantly reduced?

How did Good Morning America and ABC News as a whole handle the alligator attack at Disney World?

Can't speak specifically for Good Morning America, but World News Tonight made it the top story on Wednesday night when the body was found. From online coverage, looks like ABC has made it a point to cover it fairly. In the report that was made available for affiliates, the reporter even pointed out that Disney had no warning that alligators were present in the lake.

Today show is very confident, they think they can reclaim the ratings once the Olympics start. We will see what happens. I do believe the sources, Lara has been the hurting the ratings at GMA but I don't think she will lose her job unless they move her over to Kelly Ripa show or The View.

Deemphasizing George, if true, will be a mistake. If they want to expand the roles of others, a third hour at 9am is best way to do that, with Michael and Lara at the helm, and Amy and Ginger also playing big roles. Bump Live to 10am ET.