Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Anyone know why Sam hasn't been on WNT all week. Also why Sam AND Rob were on GMA this morning? I thought Sam was filling in for everyone. Looks to me that ABC/GMA doesn't trust Sam anymore. I hope I'm wrong!

Sam is filling in on GMA, not at ABC. Rob is still the ABC employee of the two of them so of course ABC wants Rob to be on.

• Like 1

Is it possible they could hire Sam to do feature weather and environmental stories? Then cover weather hits when needed on WNT?

they already have 3 mets they just hired the beautiful indra petersons about 3 months ago i dont think sam fits in

I like Sam, but his behind the scenes ego is legendary. I don't think doing features is something he'd be into. Heck, I don't know that a pop news-like role like Lara would be a big enough presence.

Now, if that long-rumored, never-materializing third hour came to exist, perhaps he'd agree to that, but...

Sam is filling in on GMA, not at ABC. Rob is still the ABC employee of the two of them so of course ABC wants Rob to be on.

I was just wondering why Rob wasn't given the week off since Sam is there, So, are they paying them both or is this just an act of Goodwill on Sam's part? Maybe it is since TWC was tweeting about it last weekend which I still can't wrap my head around.

they already have 3 mets they just hired the beautiful indra petersons about 3 months ago i dont think sam fits in

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong as I don't know the ins and outs of what happened when Ginger had her baby. Isn't Indra just here temporary while Rob is on weekdays and Ginger's with her son?

That's bizarre. Well, I imagine she can't be the full time GMA meteorologist in NYC and a full time DWTS competitor in LA at the same time.

I wonder if this is ABC creating an opportunity for Sam to step back in?

She should be fine. There have been other contestants with far more demanding schedules, including a few that have commuted from New York. In any of those cases, the professional partner relocates and follows them. It's also more feasible since the show is only one night a week through most of the competition. I'm sure proper arrangements have been made, because it's no secret that the show has been trying for many years to court someone from the news division. Also, while she just had the baby, the network's likely allowing this since they're not sending her into a storm zone anytime soon.

Usually I don't care much for DWTS (sometimes I do watch it), but I find this highly interesting. A personality on an ABC show competing on another ABC show. Seems like synergy at the highest (and obnoxious) level.

(Maybe Jimmy Kimmel could be next)

But I really like Ginger and think she's a perfectly nice and bubbly person, so I think I'd watch to see how she does.

My guess is she competes in the competition and goes back to her GMA gig full time when the season ends or when she gets eliminated. I didn't think they would let an ABC/Disney employee participate.

Me neither.

I think during her stint in competition she does either a day doing weather in LA, or stays in New York before commuting to LA to continue competing.

Also, many other competitors have also done a commuting schedule from other places while competing on the show. It's grueling, but it happens.

I can think of at least a dozen ABC/ESPN/Disney-related stars off the top of my head that have participated in the past. There's generally 1 or 2 each season. Of course the show is going to be synergy-heavy.

• Like 1

I can think of at least a dozen ABC/ESPN/Disney-related stars off the top of my head that have participated in the past. There's generally 1 or 2 each season. Of course the show is going to be synergy-heavy.

Just so you know, I was being sarcastic in the first part. I can understand if you didn't read it that way.

• Like 4

So I know ABC doesn't want to pay enough for GMA to be in Times Square on the weekends and the office space there would probably be expensive. I assume GMA's offices are at 77 West 66th Street and therefore most of the staffers are based there during the show. I curious how does that effect production of the show and logistics? - From what I've seen of Today BTS the producers are in the booth during there segments.

• Like 1

I am so sick of this show, it has gotten really bad. Today they're having a Bollywood dance party. Also, it's still weird seeing David Muir fill in on the networks morning program.

ABC has many competent anchors that could fill in for George. I don't understand why they have David doing double duties whenever George is off.

• Like 1

ABC has many competent anchors that could fill in for George. I don't understand why they have David doing double duties whenever George is off.

I actually think it's a good idea. It gives him more exposure and could help attract viewers to WNT.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I may be sounding like a broken record...but my God this show has really gone to the dumps. Watching this morning, Robin and George just look so silly going crazy over The Bacherlor's rose ceremony last night. And you would think that they would try and change things up with the ratings situation being what it is but they have only gone into entertainment overload. The show wasn't even this bad 2-3 years ago. The Today Show isn't much better as I turned over to them after having enough of GMA. Over at 30 Rock, they were going on and on about the Today Annual wedding and chatting with Carson Daly about The Voice. These shows are a far cry from what there predecessors built.

• Like 2