Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

So this is from earlier this month but I just saw it and found it interesting. Basically, both Josh Elliot and Sam Champion are realizing what we already know. They were lured from GMA to NBC simply to tear apart the GMA family, not because NBC actually cares about them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/sam-champion-leave-weather-channel-back-abc-article-1.2356308

Apparently Sam went to ABC asking to return to GMA and ABC said they didn't have room for him anymore.

I also find this interesting,

That sounds anything but certain about Josh's future at NBC.

And it looks like Josh finally clued in on all of this. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Elliott is out the door at NBC Sports.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/josh-elliott-leaving-nbc-two-848553

Apparently the graphics department at ABC is looking at a new way to make GMA's graphics look even shittier...

[MEDIA=vimeo]149977449[/MEDIA]

My goodness, that looks terrible. That idea should be left on the drawing board.

• Like 1

Anyone get some screen grabs? Video has been taken down.

In the video they blew up the image box on the lower third by like 50% and had a video in it. The text bar beside it was condensed and compressed even more, making it crowded and hard to read. I don't know if they're using it on-air, though, as this was just a demo clip with no sound and an outdated story.

I think Spencer Christian is a strong favorite to return, as he's been back before and is in the ABC family. I hadn't thought of Diane, but I have my doubts. This stunt would seem to favor a return (even if only a one-off) of Josh, considering he just left the peacock. As resident odds-maker, Sam is a bad bet, as he is still with NBC.

I'm a bit surprised they just didn't go for a high-ranking local station met, like Cecily Tynan for example...

Because they need people that a national audience recognizes. I'm sure they'll use their local ABC O&O mets from time to time like they do on World News Tonight, but for GMA - especially with ratings sliding - they need some people who can help retain or boost ratings a little bit.

I think being made is that, since they've been hyping this announcement for over a week, anyone who was expecting Lee Goldberg, Cheryl Scott, Cecily Tynan, etc. to fill was going to have another thing coming. Beside, one would think the Infra Petersons hire is effectively going to end the affiliate import practice.