Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

I wonder if ABC is considering a CBSN like operation because I'm really enjoying having this non-stop ABC coverage. I'd really like to see ABC do something like CBSN and they could even stream in on their digital channel all the time.

I was thinking of the same thing, I'm really loving this broadcast as well.

There have been so many fascinating moments in this conversation between Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopolous. For one, George seemed amazed when Charlie commented something like "It must feel nice not having to fit a piece into 3 minutes 30 seconds." George responded "3:30? Try 2:30," indicating the show has shifted to a more rapid-fire style than it was in Charlie's era.

There was a very honest discussion between Charlie and George about suggestion of bias in reporting, with an acknowledgement of the difficult position George is in given his background.

• Like 3

It's was nice seeing George candidly admit what he has to do, day to day, considering his background...and the advantages and disadvantages. It's also nice how Charlie politely forced the issue, not to expose or pressure George, but to encourage him. I was also fascinated by Charlie's voting practices (or lack thereof), stemming from his role on the Ford campaign trail. Anyone who didn't see the interview and has any interest in the bias in modern journalism should check it out.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why GMA is the only ABC News show to have it's sight hosted on Yahoo? I think it would make more sense to move it over to ABCNews.com and incorporate Yahoo News into ABC's site where all the other shows are. It also causes confusion considering many of the articles are posted under GMA on ABCNews.com even though it's on a different site.

I'm amazed at how Charlie has aged.

While he looks quite a bit older, he doesn't sound old, if that makes any sense. Just listening to him makes me think he could jump right back into the anchor chair at any moment. (I sort of wish he would... he's right up there with Peter Jennings in the list of legends over at ABC News, IMO.)

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how Charlie has aged.

His aging accelerated not long after he retired. I recall on his last day of GMA, Diane and Robin greeted him at his apartment at 5am, and his hair already nearly white. If I were to guess, I'd also say he had a partial hairpiece his last few years.

Bill Ritter. Does anyone remember him anchoring for a few months right after Charlie left? I always thought he would have been a great replacement for Charlie. It's so good to see everyone back in one room.

Yes! He was a candidate mentioned to be part of Good Morning America when Charlie left for WNT. Do you remember when he anchored Good Morning America Sunday wayyyy back before the show even had a full weekend team?

I wonder if ABC is considering a CBSN like operation because I'm really enjoying having this non-stop ABC coverage. I'd really like to see ABC do something like CBSN and they could even stream in on their digital channel all the time.

They tried this already from 2004 thru 2013. It was called ABC News Now. It started as a digital sub channel, was met with resistance by affiliates, never got full cable carriage, transitioned to online only then folded into abcnews.com. The air space went to Fusion.

They tried this already from 2004 thru 2013. It was called ABC News Now. It started as a digital sub channel, was met with resistance by affiliates, never got full cable carriage, transitioned to online only then folded into abcnews.com. The air space went to Fusion.

I think he meant as an app from the app store or Google play.

While he looks quite a bit older, he doesn't sound old, if that makes any sense. Just listening to him makes me think he could jump right back into the anchor chair at any moment. (I sort of wish he would... he's right up there with Peter Jennings in the list of legends over at ABC News, IMO.)

Agreed 100%. One of my favorite anchors at ABC. He did a superb job of leading World News Tonight out of some tough times and back to stability and even to #1 for a brief time. It looks like he is enjoying retirement and good for him - he deserves it!