Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Their streaming broadcast begins Tuesday evening, so while they'll do stuff tomorrow and Tuesday morning (a bus tour beginning in Chicago), I'd imagine it will be mostly relegated to the second hour, or even the last half hour. Heck, this morning they moved onto other news (not fluff and stuff), in the second half hour.

I watched GMA thia morning, and I noticed a nice little update to the set. This another one after the big refresh.

It's an updated large screen display where the interview area and Social Square is, removing the metalic walls that seperate the two parts. Looks very nice.

http://nca.st/P8Ys6

I think the update over the weekend is even more substantial than what was done to the anchor base and weather board. Having a full video wall over the old "couch backdrop" (so to speak) is a big change, and the area separating the studio from the social square has gone from a bunch of screens that could rotate to open the gap to just the two sliding screens. The social square appears to be completely redone in the wood motif with a table and stools, much like the Orange Room's update. The touch screen area between the studio/square doorway and the windows has also been redone.

I still hate GMA's new desk with a passion. The wood tends to be a little over the top in parts, but it's okay enough. This era of the set (not used very long, about two years ago) is still my favorite version of the first floor set.

gmaset_zps7a2ab4fc.png

That said, the the second Times Square set that debuted for their 30th in '05 is my all-time favorite, with its two anchor sets (this and the classic REAL window backdrop).

395dcbbc429b89ec695281aa94b3b41e.jpg

• Like 1

And GMT is celebrating 40 years on the air

I didn't realize that Good Morning Tunisia started the same year.

are they going to have any of the older news anchors join Amy at the desk? id like to see Steve Bell join Amy because he was the first news anchor back in 75 remembered they had John Palmer, Faith Daniels and Margret Larson join Natalie for Today's 60th

Maybe not in that symbolic image of them all standing together, but everybody will be there, except for Chris Cuomo.

• Like 1

It is just going to be literally a 40 hour long edition of a standard GMA episode?

Yep. It's going to be 40 hours, and will probably carry as many big news stories as it can online. Along with the usual GMA fare, and previous anchors and personalities appearing. I'm so excited.

I didn't know this until now, but the Livestream is also on TV, surprisingly.

I was channel-surfing until I saw it on the LiveWell .2 subchannel of WPVI in Philly. I'm not sure if it's on in other citites as well, but it's really cool for those without Internet to watch, too.

WLS has it, so it's safe to assume all 8 stations have it.

Granted GMA was created to be the light alternative to Today, but the bit of GMA's 40 for 40 broadcast has only underscored for me how far ABC News has fallen. The line between news and entertainment is so blurred at this point, one is indistinguishable from the other.

Granted GMA was created to be the light alternative to Today, but the bit of GMA's 40 for 40 broadcast has only underscored for me how far ABC News has fallen. The line between news and entertainment is so blurred at this point, one is indistinguishable from the other.

And that's a major reason (and probably the main reason) why I prefer watching the Today show (and really, NBC News in general) over GMA (and ABC news).

GMA's 40 for 40 broadcast isn't supposed to be hard news, its supposed to be a fun celebration of GMA's 40th Anniversary.

And if you've watched GMA over the past month, you have had to notice that GMA has gotten a lot more serious and I'd put it in between Today and CBS This Morning on a hard news to fluff spectrum. They've really toned it down and brought news back to GMA.

• Like 1

I'd like to see you fill 40 hours of airtime. The first hour was like 50 minutes of straight news, and the second hour started similarly. Also, with how gloom and doom the last week has been, some fluff on a commercial-free online stream is no way to judge an entire news organization.

• Like 1