Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

They actually fixed the open today, yesterday must've been faulty because there actually is a theme to go with the open voiceover. So that is a good fix; also the white type on the ticker is also a nice fix.

Also, in terms of content, it seems like GMA is moving a little more serious. The first hour is basically all news now and Pop News doesn't show up as quickly in the second hour anymore. I like this shift for GMA.

They actually fixed the open today, yesterday must've been faulty because there actually is a theme to go with the open voiceover. So that is a good fix; also the white type on the ticker is also a nice fix.

Also, in terms of content, it seems like GMA is moving a little more serious. The first hour is basically all news now and Pop News doesn't show up as quickly in the second hour anymore. I like this shift for GMA.

I've noticed this shift, too, and I'm happy they're going in this direction. The fluff/pop news really got out of hand. Going into a presidential election year, it's a smart move to re-focus on the news... .and also a bit sad that there needs to be a re-focus on the news!

Keep it in the second hour. Personally, I don't mind Lara being on the show, but getting equal billing as George and Robin has made her presence too strong. She can be entertaining and charming, but in small doses.

The open this morning was much better.. but I wish they would use the actual part of the opening music that sounds like it is meant to be the audio for the opening sequence. Take a listen and pay attention around 0:47.

http://www.networknewsmusic.com/wp/good-morning-america-2015-theme/

I think GMA should keep SOME fluff/pop stuff. It is what makes the morning news the MORNING news.

And they do still have some, just less which is certainly a plus because they went way to far with the fluff for a while.

Keep it in the second hour. Personally, I don't mind Lara being on the show, but getting equal billing as George and Robin has made her presence too strong. She can be entertaining and charming, but in small doses.

Agreed, and I think ABC has realized that and fixed it.

The open this morning was much better.. but I wish they would use the actual part of the opening music that sounds like it is meant to be the audio for the opening sequence. Take a listen and pay attention around 0:47.

http://www.networknewsmusic.com/wp/good-morning-america-2015-theme/

Agreed, that part at 0:47 is really great.

It's better than I thought, but I think the theme is still a downgrade, and it doesn't help that they're not using it particularly well.

After watching Good Morning America each day, and replaying the opening compared to previous opens, I have to agree that the new theme music is a downgrade. The new graphics and the toned-down more serious feel of the show are big improvements. The theme music, however, is really underwhelming.

Has anyone watched Good Morning Britain on ITV? Look at their beautiful open and how the music moves with the camera. It's glorious. Or at least I think so. What do you think?

I must say, I really like this programme. It's really good to watch for international news from an international source. And the open with the wide shot of central London and ITV HQ is simply awesome.

The original version of that theme was soooooo much better.

I agree.

While I like this version, the last was way better. It had a booming, serious and authoritative sound and concept that worked to the programme's advantage, at least for it's first hour and half of the 7am hour. I'm fine with this version, but I question the producers' move in changing from it.

GMB is a good morning show. I really like the pieces I've been able to watch on YouTube. And yes I agree that the previous more upbeat theme sounded better and I preferred the previous desk too. I really wish that I was able to see more of it in the US.

Here is that older version that they are talking about that I like better, too. Only the music on this. You'll notice the difference.

• Like 1